Subject: Re: Identification of a BHS siglum

From: [email-masked] (Nichael Lynn Cramer)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 17:05:33 -0400

If I may be forgiven another (slightly) related question:  In the BHS (and
most other sources) what is the character that is used as the standard
siglum for the Samaritan Pentateuch?

(I know what the character looks like --sort of like a loopy, upside-down
"M".  What I'm trying to determine is what the symbol is.  A variant/script
Shin?)

Thanks

Nichael                          "... and they opened their thesaurus
[email-masked]                      and brought forth gold,
http://www.sover.net/~nichael        and frankincense and myrrh."

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 23:04:18 -0500 (EST)

> siglum for the Samaritan Pentateuch?

Nichael,

The siglum used for the Samaritan Pentateuch is a 'shin' 
(abbreviation for 'Samaritan' in Hebrew) written in the Samaritan script.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------