Subject: Textual Criticism

From: [email-masked] (Carlton Winbery)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 13:18:27 +0400

>>From:
>>Date: Fri, 09 Feb 96 22:35:33

>>>[email-masked] wrote;
>>
>>>I would like to ask another thing or two.....
>>Do you or Conrad or anybody have some on-line material
>>that I can read about Textual Criticism....
>>Since I have been noticing more and more stuff about the Majority
>>Text /KJV/Hodge/Pickering whoever....
>>What is the curent status regarding this issue???
>>I have read some but not so much between Fee and Hodges.... The
>>reason I am interested because of my current
>>study and posts over in Theology.....
>>This is why I do not want to bring those issues over here.... ;) Any
>>help or material will be greatly appreciated
>>since I am waaaaaaay over here......

In my opinion, the majority (no pun intended) of Textual Critics (teachers
and researchers) still practice TC in a more or less eklectic method.
There are a few majority text people about, but so far they have not been
very convincing.

There are several things on TC at Brown.
A good bibliography.
http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/mss/text_crit.html
Facsimilie pages of some MSS.
http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/mss/
An overview of a course on NT TC.
http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/mss/overview.html
There are also some helpful items at Vanderbilt.
http://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/divinity/bibs/nt1.html#textcrit
Grace,

Carlton L. Winbery
Prof. Religion
LA College, Pineville, La
[email-masked]