Subject: The Bible as Electronic Text (fwd)

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 09:16:44 -0500 (EST)

I am forwarding this call for papers to the tc-list.  Perhaps someone on 
the list will be interested in participating in this SBL session.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 11:22:58 EDT
From: Gregory Bloomquist <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list AIBI-L <[email-masked]>
Subject: The Bible as Electronic Text

Friends, fyi
Greg Bloomquist
----------------------------Original message----------------------------

The 1996 annual meeting of the Society of Biblcal Literature will be
in New Orleans, November 23-26, 1996.  The Bible in Ancient and
Modern Media Group of SBL invites proposals for papers to be
presented in a session on "The Bible as Electronic Text." The topics
of concern are the nature of the Bible as electronic text, translating
across media, the problematics of authors and readers of electronic
text, and epistemological, ethical and ideological implications for
reading and theorizing the Bible in the Electronic Age. Papers
presented in this session will be considered for a proposed volume
of the journal Semeia. The session is co-sponsored by the Semiotics
and Exegesis Section and the Computer Assisted Research Group.
Robert Fowler, Department of Religion, Baldwin-Wallace College,
Berea, OH, 44017, (O) 216/826-2173, (H) 216/826-1162, (F) 216/826-3264,
(E) [email-masked]

The due date for paper proposals is March 1.  To consult the Call for
Papers for other SBL sessions, see
http://scholar.cc.emory.edu/scripts/SBL/AM96/Call4Papers.html#C
ontents.

********************************************************
*  Robert M. Fowler                                    *
*  Department of Religion                              *
*  Baldwin-Wallace College                             *
*  275 Eastland Road, Berea, OH 44017 // USA           *
*  [email-masked]                                *
*  http://www2.baldwinw.edu/rel/fowler/FowlerHome.html *
*  216-826-2173 (office)   216-826-3264 (fax)          *
********************************************************