Subject: Notice of Fall IOSCS Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 14:40:47 -0600 (CST)

Some of you who did not receive this notice might find it of interest:
Call for Papers -----January 1996

     The International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies
will meet this year in New Orleans, Louisiana, in conjunction with the
Society of Biblical Literature and the American Academy of Religion. The
meeting dates are 23-26 November 1996.

     Any IOSCS member interested in presenting a paper should
contact me prior to March 1, 1996. We are planning two sessions in New
Orleans: one dealing with "Kaige"; the other, with our usual range of
diverse topics. Your proposal should contain your name, the name of your
academic institution, the title of your proposed paper and a summary or
abstract of the paper. This summary should be no more than 300 words in
length and must be double spaced. In keeping with the description
provided by SBL, your abstract should: "State the problem, the essential
background, and your conclusions.... Be precise and brief; everyone knows
you will provide more detail and a defense of your conclusions at the
meeting." Also make sure that is clear which session you are interested in.

     SBL members will find the necessary forms and information in the
current SBL Call for Papers. Others can obtain the forms, etc., directly
from me. I hope that we will continue our tradition of presenting a strong
and interesting program at each of our meetings.

Leonard Greenspoon

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 14:53:32 -0600 (CST)

This is a copy of a message that I had put on IOUDAIOS, but I think (I 
hope) it will be of interest to many of you as well.  I would appreciate 
whatever help you can provide.  Thanks:
For a biography of Harry M. Orlinsky that I am writing, I would 
 appreciate receiving recollections, copies of correspondence, and any 
 other relevant materials.  As all of you know, Orlinsky was a unique 
 personality, a remarkable scholar, and active founder/participant in a 
 number of scholarly organizations in the field of religious studies. 
 Please contact me. Thank you.
 Leonard Greenspoon  
Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization
 Creighton University  2500 California Plaza
 Omaha, NE  68178 TEL: (402)280-2303 or 2304  FAX: (402)280-4731
 e-mail:  [email-masked]
 Thank you.
**************************