Subject: Gen 22

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 11:31:16 -0500

Friends,

In 4QGen-Exod(a) at Gen 22:14, the text has "Elohim" where BHS has YHWH.  In
BHS there is no note for this textual variant.  This strikes me as somewhat
odd.  What criteria were used by BHS to determine inclusion of variants? And
how could this seemingly significant variant be overlooked?

Thanks,

Jim West

---

From: [email-masked] (David Washburn)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 14:22:03 -0700 (MST)

> how could this seemingly significant variant be overlooked?

4QGen-Exod(a) was only published a year or two ago, and hence wasn't 
available to the BHS editors.

-- 
Dave
			http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/home.html
Seen in a classified ad: "Parachute for sale.  Used once.  Never opened."