Subject: TOB et Jacques 2:18-19

From: Mike Arcieri <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Mar 96 10:30:42 EST

>According to UBS4, the French version Traduction Oecumenique de la Bible 
>treats Jas 2:18-19 as one quotation, although I don't know if it reads 
>XWRIS or EK.  Maybe someone on the list knows.

Yes, the Traduction Oecumenique de la Bible (TOB) does in fact treat the passage
as one quotation. Verse 18 begins as follows: 

"Mais quelqu'un dira: << Tu as de la foi...(19)...frissonnent>>"
"But    someone  will say: ' You have faith...(19)...shudder."

Verse 20 then resumes James' argument against this pauvre etre.

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 12:07:16 -0500 (EST)

On 20 Mar 1996, Mike Arcieri wrote:

> Yes, the Traduction Oecumenique de la Bible (TOB) does in fact treat the
> passage as one quotation. Verse 18 begins as follows: 
> 

Mike,

Can you please quote the rest of v. 18 so that we can see which variant 
(EK or XWRIS) was translated?  Thanks.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 00:08:31 -0500 (EST)

> Verse 20 then resumes James' argument against this pauvre etre.

But the question remains, does the translation reflect EK or XWRIS in 
v.18 ?  Please quote all of v.18 in French if possible from TOB.