Subject: Re: Novice Questions

From: [email-masked] (Nichael Lynn Cramer)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 14:31:29 -0400

Amy S Anderson wrote:
> ... [very nice list ommitted]...
>By then you would be ready for "Studies in the Theory and Method of New
>Testament Textual Criticism" by Eldon J. Epp and Gordon D. Fee (Grand
>Rapids:Eerdmans, 1993).

If I could suggest an addition to this list (which serves as something of a
companion to this last item):

    _The Text of the NT in Contemporary Research_,
    ed Ehrman[*] and Holmes (Eerdmans, 1995).

This volume is a Festschrift in honor of Bruce Metzger's 80th birthday.  It
provides a very nice summary of the current state, questions and problems
of contemporary NT TC.

   [* As a note, I just noticed that "Ehrman" is spelled "Erhman" on the spine
      of my copy! (Fortunately only on the dustjacket.)]

Nichael                       |   "Just because it didn't happen         |
[email-masked]             |            don't mean it ain't true."    |
http://www.sover.net/~nichael | -Yogi Berra [paraphrasing Mircea Eliade] |