Subject: Tel-Dan

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 1996 23:38:41 -0500 (EST)

Jim,

On  9-MAR-1996 19:56:32.5 tc-list said to VCBROWN
   > I am very interested in any bibliographic information concerning the 
   > Tel-Dan excavations and the "house of David" reference found there.

	Try these:
1) "An Aramaic Stele Fragment from Tel Dan" by Avraham Biram and Joseph 
   Naveh, IEJ 43:81-98 (1993)
2) "The Tel Dan Inscription: A New Fragment" by Avraham Biram and Joseph 
   Naveh, IEJ 45:1-18 (1995)
3) "The Stela from Dan: Epigraphic and Historical Considerations" by Baruch
   Halpern BASOR 296:63-80
4) "The Prefix Preterite in Old Aramaic Tell Dan Inscription and the Emer-
   gence of Northwest Semitics Dialects" by William Schniedewind, SBL paper
   Philadelphia (11-19-95)
5) "On the Recently Discovered `House of David' Inscription" by Frederick
   H. Cryer, SJOT, 8.1:3-19 (1994)
6) "A `BETDAWD' Miscellany: DWD, DWD', or DWHD?" by Frederick H Cryer, SJOT,
   9.1:52-58 (1995)
7) " `House of David': An Epynomic Referent to Yahweh as Godfather" by Thomas
   L. Thompson, SJOT 9.1:59-74 (1995)

	Best wishes.

Virgil Brown