Subject: Coptic influence on Alexandrian mss

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 00:18:35 -0400 (EDT)

Maurice Robinson wrote:

> I would suggest the likelihood of an Alexandrian local-text recension
> (contra Fee) which proceeded more on literary than upon vernacular
> grounds, and which also may have been affected by Coptic grammatical
> influences. 

Can you give us some examples of possible Coptic grammatical influences?

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 10:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

> Can you give us some examples of possible Coptic grammatical influences?

One which immediately comes to mind is the presence of absence of 
definite articles with proper names.