Subject: H-e-l-p! Need DJD volumes

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 21:56:01 -0500 (EST)

List-owner's note: Make sure to avoid the word "help" in the subject line 
of messages to the tc-list.  Majordomo, our automated mail program, 
thinks they are requests for information about the list.  They will end up 
in my mailbox, but in no one else's! - Jimmy Adair

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 16:07:55 +0000
From: Dave Washburn <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I have a problem.  I'm out here in some of the most gorgeous country 
on Earth, northwestern Wyoming, trying to update my book "A Catalog 
of Biblical Passages in the Dead Sea Scrolls."  Some of you may have 
seen this book listed in some Eisenbrauns catalogs a while back as 
part of the ETS Monograph Series.  The long and short of it is, ETS 
had the ms for 10 years and didn't get it into print, so I have 
pulled it from them and am looking for another publisher.  But a lot 
can happen in 10 years, especially in this field.  So I need to 
update it.  I have managed to keep somewhat current, but the recent 
appearance of 3 new volumes of Discoveries in the Judaean Desert 
(volumes 10, 11 and 13, I believe) have put me miles behind.

The problem: there isn't a library within a gazillion miles of me 
that has these volumes.  The nearest decent theological library, at 
CBTS in Denver, only has through volume 9.  I can't get the volumes 
by ILL from anywhere else that my local library is able to contact.  
If anybody on the TC list can help me find a way to borrow these 
books, please drop me an email directly at [email-masked].
Wyoming is a great place to live and raise kids, and a lousy place to 
try and do this kind of research.  I'd be willing to borrow the books 
one at a time, and would only need each one for about 3 weeks.  I 
would also be willing to pay a small borrowing fee if necessary.

Thanks for any help anybody can give!

Dave