Subject: Video Debate

From: Mike Arcieri <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 96 17:39:11 EDT

> (others on the show were Ken Barker, James White, Art Farstad, Dan Wallace,
>Samuel Gipp, Joe Chambers and one other whose name escapes me at the >moment

 That was Thomas Strouse from the "Donald Waite" Society.

> Waite and Gail Riplinger were among the no-shows who were also invited.
>As far as I know, neither offered reasons for not participating, though
>Chambers was supposedly representing Riplinger.

Don, 

We have here in MTL a Riplinger fan who called her to ask why she was not at the
debate. Apparently, her health is not that good and was having some difficulty
right around that time, therefore was unable to show up for the debate.

As for Waite, I have no idea. Why not call him up and chit-chat for awhile? :-)
(you could mention the fact that he's quite popular these days on the TC-LIST)
:-)

Mike A.

---

From: Don Wilkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:03:12 +0000

> right around that time, therefore was unable to show up for the debate.

That's unfortunate. Chambers seemed to have a lot of difficulty 
answering questions etc. and at one point admitted that he had not 
adequately read her book. I personally wanted to get her answers 
to a number of misquotations and misrepresentations.
 
> (you could mention the fact that he's quite popular these days on the TC-LIST)

Thanks, Mike. It might be fun to talk with Waite, so if you happen 
to have his address or number please let me know.

Don Wilkins