Subject: Electronic texts etc.

From: [email-masked] (Don Wilkins)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:23:33 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to get a machine-readable morphologically analyzed NT text by
FTP or other (free) electronic means. The PHI originally had the Friberg
(?) text on their Latin/Bible CD rom but no more. Does anyone know where
this (or hopefully a better) text of this kind can be obtained? I know
about Gramcord, etc. but I just want the text, not the program to read it,
and it would be great to get a morphed text that up to date regarding tc (I
suspect such a text does not yet exist as public domain).
Also, I sent a short post previous to this, which may have gotten garbled,
in which case I apologize in advance.

Don Wilkins
UC Riverside

Don Wilkins
UC Riverside

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 01:35:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Don Wilkins wrote:

> this (or hopefully a better) text of this kind can be obtained? 

The CCAT site has a morphologically analyzed UBS text available for 
downloading, though I am not sure of the address (I accessed it via a 
link through the Library of Congress gopher).

> suspect such a text does not yet exist as public domain).

The CCAT UBS text is of course claimed not to be p.d., nor, I suspect, the 
morphological analysis (which might be Westminster's).  However, my own 
TR text and Byzantine/Majority text are both available in fully 
morphed/parsed form from Vincent Broman's site, as well as from the 
current (April) pressing of the Online Bible CD-ROM.

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Assoc. Prof./Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 09:27:21 -0400 (EDT)

CCAT at the University of Pennsylvania has both the morphologically 
analyzed LXX and the parallel aligned MT-LXX available from their gopher 
site.  There is also a searchable (although not browsable) 
morphologically analyzed MT there.  For all these, start at 
gopher://ccat.sas.upenn.edu:3333/11/Religious/Biblical, then follow the 
menus.  You can use your Web browser to see these pages if gopher is not 
available.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---

From: Don Wilkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:12:21 +0000

My sincere thanks to all of you who have offered suggestions of 
sources for the electronic texts!

Don Wilkins