Subject: Re: autographs versus archetypes

From: [email-masked] (Carlton L. Winbery)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 19:56:29 +0400

I sense that we are drifting off into a discussion that caused a lot of
flame throwing a few weeks back on the b-greek list.  (I threw my share.)
May we get back to the Greek and Hebrew text that we can all have before us
and leave these discussions to other lists.  Please.
Carlton Winbery
END

Carlton L. Winbery
Prof. Religion
LA College, Pineville, La
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 01:20:19 -0500 (EST)

> and leave these discussions to other lists.  Please.

I concur with Carlton, and I intend to avoid further discussion on the
inspiration/inerrancy/autographs theme, even though from differing
theological persepctives this will affect one's view of and approach to NT
textual criticism in varying degrees, as does all theological opinion. 
Discussion of various theological perspectives simply is NOT the substance
of NT text-critical views, regardless of the vehemence of the advocacy. 

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Assoc. Prof./Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~