Subject: Re: Sinaiaticus

From: [email-masked] (Carlton L. Winbery)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:44:13 -0500

If you want a copy of the Sinaiticus, contact the British Library and find
out if the Facsimilie copy by Lake is still available.  I think that it is.
I've seen ads for used copies in one or more of the used book houses
catalogs.  I know there are copies of it in the N.O. Baptist Seminary
Library and the Southwestern Baptist Seminary Library.  I took inventory of
the Kilpatrick library when it was sold to Southwestern and know that there
a copy in it and also of the Vaticanus.

Carlton Winbery
Fogleman Professor of Religion
Louisiana College
[email-masked]

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 18:09:23 -0400 (EDT)

> a copy in it and also of the Vaticanus.

Southeastern Baptist Seminary also has the Lake edition from around 1911; 
however the pages are extremely brittle and some have broken from the 
binding.  Do you know whether the British Library edition was a reprint 
of Lake, or is it likely the same acidic brittle paper as we are stuck with?

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Assoc. Prof./Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: george howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 96 08:22:05 EDT

I have a copy of Sinaiticus by Tischendorf. The title: Novum Testamentum
Graece. Ex Sinaitico Codice. By A. F. Const. Tischendorf. Lipsig: F. A.
Brockhaus, 1865. It gives the readings of the correctors in a critical
apparatus. It, of course, does not include the Old Testament.

                                             George Howard
                                             UGA