Subject: new stuff on archimedes.nosc.mil

From: [email-masked] (Vincent Broman)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 96 11:24:22 PDT

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Later today I am putting on archimedes.nosc.mil (for FTP or HTTP)
mirror copies of the IGNTP John TR text from scholar.cc.emory.edu,
along with copies reformatted and transliterated to conform to
the other texts already present on archimedes.

I have already made available the following files in the "gnt" directory.
swanson-errata.txt
AndHeSaid.txt
IGNTP.groups.txt
IGNTP.mss.txt
IGNTP.bydate.txt

The swanson-errata.txt is my start at an Errata (with Erotemata, too I guess)
For Reuben J Swanson's NT Greek MSS 4-volume book.  Contributions welcome!

IGNTP.groups.txt lists the MS groups in Luke represented by three or more
MSS in the IGNTP apparatus, according to Wisse's profile results.
This I've altered by splitting group B in half by age, lumping all
the Pi groups "related to PIb" together as PIc, adding to M27 the M clusters
related to it, and to M106 the M clusters related to it, and I split the
Kx group into the hard cores and the more peripheral members.  My K1 is
actually Kx cluster Omega, which happens to be very similar to Von Soden's K1.
I supplied some chapter numbers for defective MSS and MSS with block mixture.

IGNTP.mss.txt and IGNTP.bydate.txt document in a table all 278 witnesses
cited in IGNTP Luke, omitting the fathers, sorted by citation order or by date.
For each witness there appears (if known):
    Gregory/Aland/IGNTP siglum, date, Von Soden classification,
    Wisse profile classification in chapter 1, chapter 10, chapter 20,
    Aland category, and Textwert statistics.
Dates look exact (saec. IX = 850), and the date of a version is that of
its oldest substantial MSS.  Aland's dates are preferred when the IGNTP
preface disagrees, except the Old Latin dates are the middle of the road
among the dates Metzger quotes in "Versions...".
Von Soden's column includes version and lectionary info obtained elsewhere.
I would appreciate knowing more about where he classified the versions.
The category and Textwert come from Aland's introductory book, which explains
the intended meaning.  Some of Von Soden's and Aland's data relates to
all four gospels, not just Luke.

I might develop interest in adding uncials to the list the ENTMP has
on where the MSS are extent.

The AndHeSaid.txt file statistically compares author preferences in the NT
for expressing "and he said/says" in 15 different ways, with no participle.
Counts come from both the Westcott-Hort text and the Robinson-Pierpont
Byzantine text.

Vincent Broman             Email: [email-masked]                    =   o     
2224 33d St.               Phone: +1 619 284 3775                  =  _ /- _   
San Diego, CA  92104-5605  Starship: 32d42m22s N 117d14m13s W     =  (_)> (_)  
___ PGP protected mail preferred.  For public key finger [email-masked] ___