Subject: Von Soden

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 16:30:52 -0500

In an earlier posting it was mentioned that one should look at von Soden and
Tischendorf first, and then the "handbooks".  Are these still available
somewhere?  If so, where?

Thanks,

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim West, ThD
Professor of Biblical Languages, CCBI

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 15:12:18 -0500 (EST)

> Tischendorf first, and then the "handbooks".  Are these still available

Tischendorf's 1869 two text + apparatus volumes were reprinted in 1965 by
Akademische Druck -u. Verlagsanstalt, Graz, Austria.  I suspect some of 
those still remain in print, though I do not know at what cost.

Von Soden's Greek NT was never reprinted, though some of the original
prolegomena volumes from 1911-1913 can still be had from the original
publisher, Vandenhoeck und Ruprecht, Goettingen, Germany (sorry --the last
copy of Von Soden's text + apparatus volume was sold to my co-editor in
1975; even my own copy of von Soden is a xerox).  I know the Munster 
Institut has von Soden's own copy of his text + apparatus with 
corrections and supplements noted in the margins in anticipation of a 
second edition, but his death in a 1919 subway accident precluded that 
edition from ever coming into print. 

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Assoc. Prof./Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~