Subject: Swanson specifics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 May 1996 10:34 -0500 (EST)

Just for other readers' general information, Swanson lists the 
     following manuscripts as being cited in the introduction of all four 
     volumes:
     
     Papyri:
     p1,p2,p5,p6,p19,p22,p25,p35,p36,p37,p39,p46,p52,p53,p59,p60,p62,p63,p6
     6,p75,p76,p82
     
     Uncials:
     Aleph,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,K,L,M,N,P,Q,S,T,U,W,Y,Gamma,Delta,Theta,Lambda,P
     i,Psi,Omega,071
     
     or otherwise
     01,02,03,04,05,07,09,012,013,017,019,021,022,024,026,028,029,030,032,0
     34,036,037,038(in Swanson there is type of Theta = 037 as well as 
     Delta),039,041,044,045,0171
     
     Minuscules:
     1(f1),2,13(f13),28,33,69(f13),118(f1),124(f13),157,565,579,700,788,107
     1,1346(f13),1424,1582(f1)
     
     Church Fathers:
     Clement of Alexandria (Cl)    ca.200

     GNT editions:
     u = UBS 4th ed./Nestle-Aland 27th ed.
     
     w = Westcott/Hort, The New Testament in the Original Greek, 1935
     
     tau = H KAINH DIAQHKH, Reproduced by photographic offset at the 
     University of Chicago Press from H KAINH DIAQHKH (Oxford, 1873).
     
     =======================
     
     Quite an impressive list and work. The inclusion of the GNT editions 
     is also quite a nice bonus.
     
     Hope this helps! Attribute any errors here to scribal oversight!

     Paul O'Rear
     
     %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
     %% Paul A. O'Rear                     %  [email-masked]        %%
     %% International Translation Dept.    %  [email-masked] %%
     %% Summer Institute of Linguistics    %  [email-masked]         %%
     %% 7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd.            %  CIS: 100341,2131           %%
     %% Dallas, TX 75236                   %                             %%
     %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

---

From: [email-masked] (Nichael Lynn Cramer)
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 12:51:12 -0400

At 10:34 AM 5/1/96, [email-masked] wrote:
> [...]

Paul

Thanks for clearing this up.

I was the one who originally raised this question.  As a specific example,
the sample page included in the flier that was sent around seems to imply
that only one of the papyri was included.  It's good to know that this
representative of the books as a whole.

(And thanks to everyone who responded to my query about Swanson.  I ordered
my copies yesterday.   ;-)

Nichael
[email-masked]                                               __
http://www.sover.net/~nichael              Be as passersby   -- IC