Subject: TC course

From: [email-masked] (Jim West)
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 12:31:02 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know of a TC text which incorporates both testaments?

Thanks,

Jim West

---

From: Andrew Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 12:51:31 -0400 (EDT)

> Does anyone know of a TC text which incorporates both testaments?

The American Bible Society just put out a volume that has BHS and Aland 27
together.  I believe you can get it from Eisenbrauns as well (and probably
CBD).  I forget the actual name, but I'm sure it won't be difficult to 
find.

andrew gross

---

From: Nichael Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 13:37:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Does anyone know of a TC text which incorporates both testaments?

Jim

This is almost certainly not what you want, but Kenyon's "Text of the 
Greek Bible" studies the entire Bible in Greek.

But I suspect that what you want is a single volume does TC for the HS in 
Hebrew and the NT in Greek.  Given the radical difference in the problems 
in TC in the respective testaments, it seems very unlikely that a single 
volume could do justice to both topics.

Essentially what would be needed was a single book that combined both 
(say) Tov and Metzger.  Granted, there would be some reduction as the 
basic, definitional material wouldn't have to be repeated; but OTOH not 
much would be gained, as that non-topic specific material accounts for a 
small fraction of either book.

N