Subject: Re: TC course

From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 13:21:39 -0400 (EDT)

The American Bible Society has the _Biblia Sacra: Utriusque Testamenti_
which is the _Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia_ bound with Nestle's _Novum
Testamentum Graece_ (27th ed.) It retails for around $59.95 (hardback). I've
had mine rebound in leather. You may contact the  American Bible Society at
1-800-32-BIBLE (phone orders) or fax at 1-212-408-8765

Kevin W. Woodruff
Reference Librarian
Cierpke Memorial Library
Temple Baptist Seminary
Tennessee Temple University
1815 Union Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37404
423/493-4252
[email-masked]

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 22:36:00 -0400 (EDT)

> 1-800-32-BIBLE (phone orders) or fax at 1-212-408-8765

Since our seminary requires a year of both Greek and Hebrew, all of us 
who teach the languages have decided to require this one volume instead 
of making the students buy N27 and BHS separately.  It is convenient, 
handy, and saves in overall cost as well.  It may not be the textual 
criticism dual text which Jim West enquired about, but it provides the 
basic OT and NT data upon which to build such a study.

I don't know about paying to get it rebound in leather, but I would like 
to offer a strong suggestion to the UBS that they consider moving to a 
far better binding for this volume as well as for the separate N27 and 
BHS editions.  The poor quality of the current bindings deteriorates 
fairly quickly with constant use.  Some lessons might be well learned 
from the major hardback publishers in this regard -- quality binding does 
not require that much more added cost (unless of course the poor quality 
binding is deliberate, to ensure planned obsolescence).

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Assoc. Prof./Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~