Subject: Books for Review

From: [email-masked] (Leonard Greenspoon)
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 12:32:24 -0500

It is clear that TC was becoming a recognized "force" in biblical text
criticism, even before the actual publication of our first volume.  I say
this because we have already received several batches of books for review.  At
the moment, Jimmy Adair, Johann Cook, Bill Petersen, and myself have books
to review.  As book review editor, I am now soliciting reviews from list
members.  We  are hoping to distinguish ourselves in rapid turn-around time
(reviews to be done within six weeks of receipt of book and published as
soon as
possible thereafter), as well as in the fact that reviewers are not bound
by space-constraints.  So, if you have interest in one of these volumes,
let me know as soon as possible.  They are all from SCHOLARS PRESS:

Jones, Barry Alan. THE FORMATION OF THE BOOK OF THE TWELVE: a study in text
and canon

Geer, Jr., Thomas C. FAMILY 1739 IN ACTS

Greenspoon, Leonard and Olivier Munnich, eds. VIII CONGRESS OF THE
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR SEPTUAGINT AND COGNATE STUDIES PARIS 1992

Sollamo, Raija.  REPETITION OF THE POSSESSIVE PRONOUNDS IN THE SEPTUAGINT

Wevers, John W.  NOTES ON THE GREEK TEXT OF DEUTERONOMY

Gentry, Peter J.  THE ASTERISKED MATERIALS IN THE GREEK JOB

Jobes, Karen H.  THE ALPHA-TEXT OF ESTHER  ITS CHARACTER AND RELATIONSHIP
TO THE MASORETIC TEXT

I hope at least some of you are interested in at least one of these.  I
look forward to hearing from you and shipping all of these out, Leonard
Greenspoon