Subject: Birmingham Colloquium

From: DC PARKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:55:37 GMT

THE FIRST BIRMINGHAM COLLOQUIUM ON THE TEXTUAL CRITICISM 
OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

The first Birmingham Colloquium on the Textual Criticism of the New 
Testament will be held at Chamberlain Hall, The University of 
Birmingham, from 14 to 17 April 1997.

The meeting will be under the presidency of J. Neville Birdsall, 
Emeritus Professor of New Testament and Textual Criticism in the 
university.  His address will be on the theme 'Language and Text of 
Homer and of the New Testament; Analogies and Influences in Ancient 
and Modern Times'.  The other main speakers will be Professor Larry 
W. Hurtado, who has been appointed to the chair of New Testament
 in Edinburgh, Jeff Childers, who has recently completed a study of 
the Syriac versions of John Chrysostom, and Dr David Taylor, of 
Birmingham University, who will speak on New Testament citations in
 Syriac patristic commentaries.

There will also be:

SEMINARS.  Suggestions for theme are invited.  Invitations to lead 
sessions will be made once the subjects have been determined.

 a 'WORK IN PROGRESS' session, at which colloquium members will 
be invited to describe any current projects in which they are involved.

SHORT PAPERS

Offers of papers on any aspect of the discipline are invited.  The short 
papers will each be allotted 30 minutes, of which 10 will be available 
for questions and discussion.

The cost will be approximately 140 pounds, including board and 
lodging.

Requests for Registration Forms, suggestions for seminars, and 
applications to give a short paper should be sent to

Birmingham Colloquium on the Textual Criticism of the New 
Testament
Dept of Theology
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT

Tel. 0121-414 5666
Fax 0121-414 6866
E-Mail	[email-masked]
	[email-masked]

Applications to read a short paper and seminar proposals should be 
sent by October 31, and should include a brief (150-300 word) 
summary of it.
DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]