Subject: C-14 dating assumptions

From: [email-masked] (KULIKOVSKY, Andrew)
Date: 27 Aug 96 09:39:03 EDT

The most significant problem with C-14 dating is the
assumption that C-14 decays at a constant rate.

It has been shown in a laboratory (I can't remember
the guys name off hand but I can look it up) that when
C-14 is placed across a potential difference ie. in an
electrical field, the rate of decay speeds up significantly

This means that everytime an electrical storms passes
by the C-14 is decayed much more rapidly than usual.

Therefore, the dates obtained always indicate older ages.

cheers,
Andrew

+------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Andrew S. Kulikovsky B.App.Sc(Hons) MACS                   
|	                                       
| Software Engineer             
| British Aerospace Australia
| Technology Park, Adelaide
| ph: +618 343 8211	 
| email: [email-masked]
|                                                            
| What's the point of gaining everything this world has  
| to offer, when you lose your own life in the end?          
|                                                          
|                                   ...Look to Jesus Christ
|                                                           
|                           hO IESOUS KURIOS!                  
+------------------------------------------------------------------------