Subject: MANUSCRIPTS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 10:00:22 -0500

Jim West wrote:

 > Yet, if the manuscripts are not widely available, how can we do our 
 > own collations?  Is there a collection of photographs of the papyri 
 > available?  The Uncials?  If not, then, again, how can we do independent 
 > research in this exceedingly important field; and why can't such a 
 > collection be produced (as has been done for the vast majority of the Dead 
 > Sea Scrolls)?

Well, if a university has a good religion department and a good library (Baylor
comes to mind), it should have *some* facsimiles, reproductions, etc.  I know
that Metzger's *Manuscripts of the Greek Bible* has bibliographical information
on many of the "most important" ms.  And many ms are available on
microfiche/microfilm, if one knows where to look.  (I don't know where to look,
but I know who to ask!)

Maybe someone else knows about resources on the net: I imagine that the present
forum is the place to ask?  (Consider the question tendered.)

Grace and peace, 

Perry L. Stepp, Baylor University