Subject: new review on TC, changes to home page

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 00:40:07 -0400 (EDT)

Another new review has appeared on the pages of TC:

Review of Leonard Greenspoon and Olivier Munnich, eds., VIII Congress of the
International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies: Paris 1992

Also, the TC home page has undergone a major facelift, bringing old 
information up to date and adding new information.  Some of you may be 
particularly interested in the list of links to other sites dealing with 
textual criticism.  The list is far from exhaustive.  I have a few more 
to add, but I would appreciate hearing from any of you if you know of 
other links you think should be added.

You may have noticed that the links in TC articles to the Bible Browser 
no longer work.  As Richard Goerwitz, the author of Bible Browser, notes on 
the Bible Browser Web page, the Bible Browser experienced a system crash 
a few weeks ago.  I've continued to put in links to the Bible Browser in 
new articles and reviews, even though I know they are temporarily 
non-functional.  Richard has given us the source code to the Bible 
Browser, and we're working on a customized TC version of it that I think 
everyone who uses it will appreciate.  It's slow going, however, 
considering we're all engaged in this project in our "spare time," so 
please bear with us.  You'll just have to settle for the limited 
functionality of a print journal for a while longer ;-).

Finally, a bit of trivia for OT scholars reading the review of Greenspoon 
and Munnich's book.  You may wonder why the official TC abbreviation for 
the Syrohexapla is SyrHex instead of Syh (as in BHS).  The reason, as any 
NT text critic could tell you, is that Syh (with the h as a superscript) 
is the abbreviation for the Harklean Syriac version of the NT in NA27!  
In TC, we'll use the UBS4's syrh (with the h as a superscript) for that 
version.

Jimmy Adair
General Editor of TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu/scripts/TC/TC.html <-----