Subject: Manuscripts

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 19:46:10 -0400 (EDT)

Colleagues,

In Theology we are constantly told that we must deal directly with the
sources themselves.  In text criticism this is particularly important.
Yet, if the manuscripts are not widely available, how can we do our own
collations?  Is there a collection of photographs of the papyri available?
The Uncials?  If not, then, again, how can we do independent research in
this exceedingly important field; and why can't such a collection be
produced (as has been done for the vast majority of the Dead Sea Scrolls)?

Just some questions I hope someone can answer.

Yours,

Jim West
Petros TN
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD                                             +
Professor of Biblical Languages, CCBI            +
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies, QHST    +
PO Box 310                                                  +
Petros TN 37845                                           +
USA                                                             +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---

From: "James K. Tauber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:44:23 +0800 (WST)

> produced (as has been done for the vast majority of the Dead Sea Scrolls)?

This is the very aim of the Electronic New Testament Manuscripts Project 
which moves very slowly because it is entirely voluntary. God willing, 
the overall framework will be set up by the end of this year and we will 
be displaying images and accepting transcriptions.

James K. Tauber <[email-masked]> 
Associate Director, Electronic New Testament Manuscripts Project

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 23:26:38 -0700

If this project is voluntary, how does a person "volunteer" to assist?

Paul Lorenzen
Northern Sierra Bible Institute
Sparks, Nevada
=======================

>Associate Director, Electronic New Testament Manuscripts Project
============================
Paul Lorenzen -- Sparks, Nevada
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ptl/lorenzen.htm

Only one life, 'twill soon be past; 
only what's done for Christ will last!
============================