Subject: Re: Re: "in ras"

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:00:56 -0400 (EDT)

At 08:37 PM 9/10/96 +0000, you wrote:

>Does anyone have any other suggestions of texts/articles that have already
>ANALYZED the treatment of David in both the books of Samuel and Chronicles OR
>an analysis of the comparisons and differences between the two books in
>general? The books that I have been referred to do not contain any
>analysis.....
>
>Any ideas would be very helpful.
>
>Joe Adler
>

You may want to look at Gerhard von Rad's Theology of the Old Testament, as
he discusses the Chronicler and the Deuteronomist; as well as Julius
Wellhausen's
work on the History of Israel.  Both of these do what you are looking for.

Jim West
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West
Professor of Biblical Languages, CCBI
Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology