Subject: New Electronic Journal

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:48:14 -0500 (EST)

Although this new journal doesn't address textual criticism specifically,
I think that many on the list might be interested anyway.  The new
electronic _Journal of Hebrew Scriptures_ has just announced the
availability of its first article.  The URL for the journal is
http://www.ualberta.ca/ARTS/JHS/jhs.html.  I have had some people tell me,
usually very politely and somewhat condescendingly, that electronic
journals like TC will never command the kind of respect that the more
traditional print journals do.  I believe, on the contrary, that
electronic journals, particularly peer-reviewed journals like TC and JHS,
will only grow in their usefulness to scholars.  Certainly they do not now
have the prestige of many print journals, but in a few years, who knows? 
It is usefulness to scholarship more than prestige that is important in
any case.  As always, I will remind readers of this list that TC solicits
high quality, original work in the area of biblical textual criticism, and
we are also interested in reviewing books on the subject and in receiving
information about ongoing projects in the field. 

Jimmy Adair
General Editor of TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu/scripts/TC/TC.html <-----