Subject: Technical help

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 09:21:22 -0400 (EDT)

Colleagues,

I am transcribing P75 (Luke) for the ENTMP.  And I have a question about
computer software (I hope this is not too far afield).

As P75 is an uncial, I am having to type it all in (which is, as you can
imagine, quite time consuming)- and I was hoping to  use the Greek text I
have on my computer already and simply capitalize all the letters.

I have NA 26 on my computer, in miniscule type.  P75 is an uncial (!).  I
cannot seem to "select all" and change my miniscule to an Uncial.  Does
anyone know how to change small letters to capitals in Word for Windows 4.0
(running under Windows 95)?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
Professor of Biblical Languages
Petros Tn

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 18:27:24 -0400

Hi Jim:
In a message dated 96-10-16 09:28:00 EDT, you wrote:

<< I have NA 26 on my computer, in miniscule type.  P75 is an uncial (!).  I
 cannot seem to "select all" and change my miniscule to an Uncial.  Does
 anyone know how to change small letters to capitals in Word for Windows 4.0
 (running under Windows 95)?>>
 
No. But a simple transliteration program can be written to accomplish the
task.
Ask one of your programmer friends to write one for you. If not I could write
one.

Another way of doing the task is to use the Find-Replace feature of the word
processer a character at a time. It takes a little time, but the replace
function is fast.

Jim Price
====================================================
James D. Price, Ph.D.
Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament
Temple Baptist Seminary
Chattanooga, TN 37404
e-mail [email-masked]
====================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Jean Valentin)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 02:27:41 +0200

>(running under Windows 95)?

Why not select evreything and replace by a Coptic font? It's uncial and you
have chances to find one with the same keyboard mapping as your Greek.

Jean Valentin - Brussels - Belgium

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 22:31:26 -0400 (EDT)

>Ask one of your programmer friends to write one for you. If not I could
There ought to be no need for a program/macro to do so. Word 2.0 can change
capitalization on selected text to lower case/mixed case/upper case by
using one of the function keys. I cannot locate my template or the manual
but it should be indexed in help under keyboard shortcuts or function keys.

--Mick Brown ([email-masked])