Subject: Technical questions about your web browsers

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 10:27:00 -0700

Dear TCers --

For your possible edification and amusement, I am putting together another
potential Encyclopedia article. This one, on how various scholars
have assessed manuscripts, will necessarily include a lot of tables.
(Or, at least, one very large table.)

A table can, of course, be implemented in two ways: Using the HTML
table command, or by lining up everything laboriously in the monospaced
KEYBOARD style (the latter approach will also be uglier).

The question therefore becomes, How many of you have table-capable
browsers (recent versions of Netscape, Internet Explorer, the AOL
browser, others)? How many of you CANNOT read tables (e.g. you
use old versions of Mosaic, Lynx, etc.)?

If you'll let me know (preferably off-list), I will try to make an
intelligent choice of approach.

Thanks!

Bob Waltz
[email-masked]