Subject: Re: question

From: Sari Slater <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:13:15 -0500

At 11:21 AM 11/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>With regard to Tim Ward's question concerning the biblical perspective on 
>sex and advertising, since this is clearly not a topic related to textual 
>criticism, please direct your responses (if any) to Tim directly (at 
>[email-masked]) rather than to the list.
>
>Jimmy Adair
>Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
>    and
>Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
>---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------
>
>
>
Jimmy -

        I'm not 100% sure that I agree it's not related to textual
criticism.  By it I mean "sex" in the bible.  Advertising, clearly not
textual criticism related.  But sex?  Yes.

        I posted only because one of the immediate responses to the Ward
question read ill-informed and prejudiced to me.  In addition, the religious
content contained in both of the posts is totally inappropriate to a
scholarly list.  IMHO.

        If my post upset you, please let me know.  

        Thanks,

        Sari