Subject: Sirach

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:40:57 -0500

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Ben Sirach in Hebrew?

Thanks,

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
Professor of Biblical Languages
Petros TN

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:34:33 -0500 (EST)

> Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Ben Sirach in Hebrew?

The parallel-aligned Hebrew and Greek texts from CATSS contains the 
Hebrew text, although it's not a continuous text (i.e., one word 
typically per line, aligned with its Greek counterpart).  That's the only 
online copy I know of, but maybe someone else knows of a continuous text 
version.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---

From: george howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 96 14:01:48 EST

For Ben Sira in Hebrew see:
    Y. Yadin, The Ben Sira Scroll from Masada.  Jerusalem: Israel Exploration
              Society, 1965.
    Israel Levi, The Hebrew Text of the Book of Ecclesiasticus. Brill, 1904.
    A. A. di Lella, The Hebrew Text of Sirach.  The Hague, 1966.
                                 George Howard
                                 UGA

---

From: [email-masked] (HILL R KAPLAN)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:04:45 EST

>Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Ben Sirach in Hebrew?
Sirach in Hebrew was one of the manuscripts which Schechter uncovered at
the Genizah as Fosta circa 1896.

Most of the MSS which he recovered have been cataloged.
You should find it listed there.

If however, you are seeking the entire ancient document....
you are  OOL.

HILLEL