Subject: Re: versions

From: DC PARKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:32:31 GMT

RE Elliott wrote
> 
> Yes, I do agree with these points, especially regarding the 
historical aspects.  I was simply saying that I don't believe that a 
version or patristic quote can supersede the Greek MS evidence.  
Yes, the versions and fathers play an important role in NTTC, but 
there is a hierarchy in the evidence and the way it should be used.
> Rich Elliott

I do not see how you can agree with my opinion and then speak of a 
hierarchy.  It is precisely that way of thinking which I was criticizing!  
Certainly, all kinds of evidence need interpreting in a way that is 
appropriate to them.  But that piece of commonsense does not 
indicate a hierarchy.
DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]