Subject: Enclosures/Attachments [was: lists of NT MSS]

From: [email-masked] (Nichael Lynn Cramer)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:40:08 -0500

> * This message contains the file 'TC-LIST', which has been
> * uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use
> * the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents
> * out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message
> * and uudecode it manually.
>
>
>Attachment converted: Dallas:TC-LIST (????/----) (00000AB9)

Please do not send enclosures or attachments to this (or any other) mailing
list.

Certainly few free to announce the availability of such information (e.g.
on a web-page) or to invite people to e-mail requests for such information.
However 1] the amount of bandwidth consumed in broadcasting such items
makes this of questionable netequette and 2] in any case, the effort is
almost surely wasted because it is very likely that a sizable fraction of
the recipients don't even have the application needed to open the darn
thing!

Thanks

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 13:39:32 -0700

>Please do not send enclosures or attachments to this (or any other) mailing

Nichael is right; this is considered a violation of list etiquette, since
many people use mailers that cannot read such files.

Also, for those who send e-mail privately, it is probably better to
use the Base64 format for enclosures, since more mailers (e.g.
Eudora Light) can use it.

BTW -- if it helps anyone, the file was (according to my translators)
in WordPerfect 5.1 format. It didn't show any formatting, though,
and could have been posted as text.

Hope this helps.

Bob Waltz
[email-masked]