Subject: James

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:02:38 GMT

Could someone please tell me where I can find a copy of James from D (on the
net).

Thanks,

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
Professor of Biblical Languages, CCBI
Petros TN

[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 12:00:33 -0700

>Could someone please tell me where I can find a copy of James from D (on the

If I interpret this correctly, you're looking for a copy of the book of
James from either Codex Bezae or Codex Claromontanus. Unfortunately,
such does not exist. Claromontanus, of course, does not contain the
Catholics. Bezae contained part of them (since a small portion of
the Johannine Epistles survives on the Latin side), but there is
no Greek text. Indeed, it has been theorized that Bezae never
contained James or the Petrines; space considerations argue that
it contained the Apocalypse instead.

I hope this helps. If I misunderstood your request, you should
obviously ignore this.

Robert B. Waltz
[email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn