Subject: fonts now display on Windows 95

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:33:16 -0500 (EST)

The problem with some fonts, including the fonts we use in TC articles,
not displaying in Netscape for Windows 95 has apparently been solved.  If
you are a Windows 95 user who has been frustrated because Netscape
wouldn't display the Hebrew, Greek, and other fonts used in TC articles,
you can now download a beta copy of Netscape 4 (also called Communicator)
from the Netscape home page (http://home.netscape.com).  Be aware that beta
copies of software often contain bugs or incomplete implementations of
certain features.  Still, I'm glad to see that Netscape has fixed this most
distressing problem with its browser.  Of course, Windows 95 users can
also use Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which has always displayed the
fonts properly.  If anyone knows of another browser that displays fonts 
using the FONT FACE tag (on any platform), I would appreciate knowing 
about it offlist.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------