Subject: JACK HYLES AND KJV-ONLYISM (fwd)

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 17:29:25 -0600 (CST)

I forward this post for your textual evaluation.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 20:37:24
From: Bob Ross <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: JACK HYLES AND KJV-ONLYISM 
....
Jack Hyles is obviously seeking to be "head" of such a cult, as
he has the "ear" of thousands of so-called "Fundamentalists" who 
follow him, attend his conferences, listen to his cassettes, and 
read his writings.  He long ago departed from the position held by
DR. JOHN R. RICE, who is no doubt "turning over in his grave" at
the heresies now being taught by former associate Hyles.  Anyone
today who dares to maintain Dr. Rice's position, and thus differ
with Hyles, is allegedly "opposed to soul-winning and the KJV
Bible."  And this is reason-enough for "Hylesites" to refuse to even
listen to or read any cricitism of Hyles' ideas.  A "cultic mentality"
is such that it will always find a "reason" which will vindicate, 
justify, and clarify any alleged wrong or error in the cult leader's 
teachings and behavior.

		THE KJV AND SALVATION 

In this cassette by Hyles, he presents to his listeners what he says
they have "never heard" before -- namely:

	"Don't leave me now, for I am going to get down to
	something you've never heard.  That means, the King
	James Bible is necessary for anybody to be saved in the
	English language."
	
If Hyles is correct, here is what is involved:

	1.  No one was saved "in the English language" before the
	appearance of the KJV in 1611.
	
	2.  The necessary requirements for salvation "in the English
	language" did not exist until 1611; thus, salvation was not
	possible in the English language until the translation of
	the KJV.

	3.  English people who professed salvation under earlier
	Bible translations, such as the Geneva Bible, Bishops
	Bible, Matthew Bible, Coverdale Bible, the Great Bible,
	Wycliffe Bible, Tyndale's, Taverner's or any other English
	translation of Scripture were deceived.

	4.  The Pilgrims, who brought the Geneva Bible with them
	to America, believed a "corrupt Bible" and did not have the
	true Word of God with them.

	5.  No one since 1611, or a later date of a KJV revision,
	has been saved thru use of any other English translation.
	
	"NEW BIRTH"  BY  OTHER  VERSIONS  PRODUCES
	        "CHILDREN  OF  THE  DEVIL,"  SAYS  HYLES

According to Hyles, the KJV is the pure, or uncorrupted, "seed." 
The "pure seed" is essential to being born of God.  Hyles says if
you are not born again under the "pure" seed, then you are "born
again" of the Devil via some other  "corrupt" translation.  Hyles
says you can be "born again" under other versions than the KJV,   
but it is a "new birth" that makes you a "child of the devil."
This is what Hyles calls a "shocker."  He explains that a man is
born a "child of Adam,"  but is not born a "child of the devil."  He
becomes a "child of God" via salvation thru the pure Word of God,
or he becomes a "child of the devil" by a "corrupt word." He says
that any other English version than the KJV is impure and corrupt,
and when another version is used produces a "new birth" which
makes men "children of the devil."

Among other "shockers" in this cassette is Hyles' questioning the
salvation of "Bible translators;"....

If you interested in further "documentation" of Hyles' views, I
suggest you contact Dr. James Singleton about getting the cassette.
I believe in due course of time this KJV-Only cult may become the
most vicious of any cult to arise in this century, and the views of
Hyles, Ruckman, Riplinger, Beebe, Waite, Gipp, Marrs, and their
kind churn the mash from which the cultic doctrine is fermented.

  [Permission  is  granted  to  quote  or  reproduce  the  above]
          WWWebsite:  http://members.gnn.com/pilgrimpub
                 >>>  [email-masked]  (Bob Ross)
*********************************************************************
*********************************************************************

Sorry, I promise not to do this again  :)
I thought you might not have heard of the KJVO revival.