Subject: Re: Birmingham Colloquium

From: "DC PARKER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:19:40 GMT

The First Birmingham Colloquium on the textual criticism of the New 
Testament is to be held 14-17 April this year.  If you have not received 
information, and would like to come, then there are still places.  For 
general information, I give a list of the speakers, with an indication of 
their theme:

Main papers
J.N. Birdsall, Recent developments in the t.c. of Homer and their 
significance for NT t.c.
L.W. Hurtado, The present state and directions of NT t.c.
G. Childers, The Georgian versions of the NT
D.G.K. Taylor, Pre-Peshitta Citations in the Syriac corpus of Basil of 
Caesarea

Shorter papers
T. Baarda, Lk 6.21b in the Diatessaron
K. Clarke, Letter-Ratings of v.ll. in UBS
WJ. Elliott, Tachygraphy and Nomina Sacra
G. Farthing, Using Probability Theory as a key to unlock textual history
E. Guting, Literary and t.c., in relation to Synoptic traditions of John the 
Baptist
J.L. North, The Oxford Debate on NT t.c. of 1897
C.D. Osburn, Text of Acts in the Greek lectionaries
S. Pickering, The significance of non-continuous NT materials in papyri
J. Read-Heimerdinger, An aspect of discourse analysis in relation to 
the D text of Acts
J. Rius-Camps, Prophetic quotations in the texts of Acts

David Parker

DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]