Subject: Re: Majority text?

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 97 07:48:48 +0100

>>Incredible! 24 messages in one connection! These Americans are there 
>>again with their "Majority text"!
>>So typical...
>>Sorry friends, it was just a remark, I couldn't withhold it...
>
>Conceding the humour, and the differences between American and European
>opinions, I think this is slightly exaggerated.
>
Of course there's humor in my remark! But the sudden raise in the amount 
of messages remains symptomatic... ;-)
>
>However, I believe that the Byzantine text *must* be studied,
>because of the vast amount of influence it had on all manuscripts
>after the fourth century.

I agree with you. ALL the manuscripts must be studied, and we must all 
confess that there remains much work to be done. BTW, this is one of the 
reasons why I study some "obscure" versions... I can but agree with you.

_______________________________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - Brussels - Belgium

Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est 
inutilisable.
What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable.
Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar.