Subject: new review, TC vol. 2

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 12:38:07 -0500 (EST)

I am pleased to announce the appearance of a new book review in TC.  The 
book is Gert J. Steyn, Septuagint Quotations in the Context of the 
Petrine and Pauline Speeches of the Acta Apostolorum, and the reviewer is 
Johann Cook of the Department of Ancient Near Eastern Languages, 
University of Stellenbosch.  This review is the first item in TC volume 2 
(1997).  

TC 1 (1996) finished with four articles and eight reviews, a very good
first year, in my opinion.  I hope that 1997 will see even greater success
for TC, but that will only be possible with more participation from the
community of scholars and students interested in textual criticism, many
of whom are on this list.  I want to thank everyone who contributed
articles or reviews in 1996, as well as those who offered helpful
suggestions and encouragement.  I especially want to thank the TC
editorial board for their willingness to embark in uncharted waters with
this electronic journal.  In particular, Leonard Greenspoon, the TC book
review editor, has been an enormous help and has put in an extraordinary
amount of time in the midst of the other responsibilities of his schedule. 
I look forward to seeing what TC will become in 1997. 

Jimmy Adair
General Editor of TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu/scripts/TC/TC.html <-----

---

From: [email-masked] (Carlton Winbery)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:39:18 +0400

Thanks, Jimmy, for all your hard work.  It has benefitted us all.

Carlton L. Winbery
Fogleman Professor of Religion
Louisiana College
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
Fax (318) 442-4996
Phone (318) 487-7241