Subject: Re: Byz or M text translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 12:05:46 -0500

Dear colleagues:

In light of the discussion of Mike Arcieri and Julian Goldberg Re. the Maj.
text, has anyone any comments on a volume that I have found somewhat at odds
with itself;  the title is: THE INTERLINEAR GREEK - ENGLISH NEW TESTAMENT
 The Nestle Greek text with a Literal English Translation. 

The margianal text is the King James (as is the interlinear yet the Greek is
Nestle!).
So, go figure.  By the way the author is Alfred Marshall D. Litt.  Samuel
Bagster & Sons 1959.

Any Comments?

Rich Elliott ([email-masked])

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 11:17:56 -0700

>So, go figure.  By the way the author is Alfred Marshall D. Litt.  Samuel

There are any number of these Marshall volumes. I have a Marshall text
with the RSV alongside. There's also one with the NIV, and I believe there's
one with the NIV and NRSV. It just seems to be a publishing trick: Take the
Marshall interlinear, put another text alongside of it, and see if you can
get somebody to but it....

On the other hand, I think the Marshall interlinear is fairly good.
I personally like it better than the other NRSV interlinear --
though I wish they would re-typeset it.

My humble opinions, of course.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                  Robert B. Waltz
               [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn