Subject: Re: tape attack

From: "DC PARKER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:06:42 GMT

With regard to P66:

This is untrue:  what is true is

1.  the scribe occasionally corrects his own error by placing dots over 
a word which he'd included, as at 2.11 _proten_.

2.  he uses diaeresis/trema over initial iota in e.g. _ioudaios - a 
widespread practice.

Maybe someone who knows nothing has misunderstood one or other 
or both of these facts.

With regard to % agreements of 'the papyri': this claim is 
meaningless.  P75, as we all know, has a text very similar to that 
found later in B, the MS which WH preferred most frequently.  Other 
papyri are quite different.  There is no pattern.
DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]