Subject: Re: The Original Text

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:48:06 -0500 (EST)

Bob Waltz,
At 08:47 AM 1/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, "Mirkovic, Alexander" <[email-masked]>
>wrote:

>
>Let me second Hurtado's comment in response to this letter: We need to
>take a deep breath before responding. But, having done that, and read
>the rest of my mail, I *still* feel the need to respond.
>

Bob is absolutely correct here.  Derrida and his egomaniacal views have
rightly been abandoned by everyone but grad students.  To imply that his
work is useful for text criticism is really unfortunate.

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim West, ThD
Petros TN

[email-masked]