Subject: KJV

From: "Vinton A. Dearing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:56:49 PST

See David Norton, "John Bois's Notes  on the revision of the King 
James Bible New Testament: A New Manuscript," The Library, 6th ser., 
XVIII:4, 328-346. "John Bois's notes taken during the final revision 
of the epistles and Revelation for the King James Bible (KJB) are now 
well known to scholars of English Bible translation. They give a 
unique insight into the way the translators worked, and they show 
above all the translators' sensitivity to the nuances of the Greek 
and the level of scholarship they brought to their work." The 
original notes have disappeared, but at least two copies of them have 
survived. The article describes the second copy and lists its 
differences from the first copy, together with photographs of some 
parallel pages.
     In connection with some recent answers to queries, would it not 
be better to refer enquirers to Bible dictionaries where they may 
find full explanations, the respondents only specifying any 
objections they may have to details in the published sources?
     Vinton A. Dearing