Subject: Re: Question "Christs Words" - Accurate transmission?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:07:16 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-24 20:31:49 EST, you write:

<<      If any one wishes  ... a recent group of "scholars" who are
 challenging the authenticity of Jesus ... examined the validity of his
 spoken words ... such as - " ...were his words consistant with the
 thought, language, and geographical componants of his generation?" "We
 believe only 5% of his words are accurately passed down to us today
 ...". >>

If this has anything to do with the "Jesus Seminar", I will give them the
benefit of the doubt and read their findings (I suppose, of their second
book).
If, however, it is as their first book (that I subsequently did a review of)
I'll venture to say that much less than 5% of their presuppositional findings
are accurate!
R.E. Elliott

---

From: Raymond Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:46:36 -0800

> I'll venture to say that much less than 5% of their presuppositional findings

        Hello, 

          Thanks for you comments .. could you "briefly" summarize your
thoughts on this???? Thanks .. I would be interested in what you have to
say!
                           Ray Williams
                       [email-masked]