Subject: Re: Tape Attack/Better tapes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 05:12:12 -0500 (EST)

TC'ers
There are a set of tapes that are much better than the "Riplinger ramblings".
The John Ankerberg show produced a two tape (~4-6 hours) of a debate that
included much discussion about Riplinger ,her book, claims, etc.  
It has hosted by Ankerberg and included: Dr. Kenneth Barker (NIV), James
White, Dr. Art Farstad (NKJV, MT), Dr. Don Wilkins (NASB) and Dr. Dan Wallace
 vs
Dr. Samual Gipp, and two others whose names escape me now, all three are KJV
only.  If you are interested in this contact the John Ankerberg Show.

Rich Elliott
ENTTC

---

From: ANDREW SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 06:37:29 -0500 (EST)

O.K., I'll bite: what does "AV" stand for, if not "authorized version"?

The last I heard, the KJV had never been "authorized" by anybody for any
purpose. King James himself merely contracted for it to be produced, but
he didn't "authorize" it.

---

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 21:05:50 -0600 (CST)

> he didn't "authorize" it.

Actually, the KJV probably was authorized.  However, no such authorization 
by the king or pr. council is extant.  In the days of early English Bibles, 
authorized meant appointed for use in Anglican churches.  I do not know 
that it meant any more than that.

--
Prof. Ron Minton: [email-masked]   W (417)268-6053  H 833-9581
Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803