Subject: Re: Equidistant letters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 07:16:37 -0500 (EST)

Ron Minton:
You wrote:
<< Is anyone familiar with an article in Statistical Science (Aug 94) or in 
 Bible Review (Oct 95) or The Journal of the Royal Statistical Society 
 152:1, 1988)?  I have received claims that amazing statistical sequences 
 in the Hebrew proves (even supernaturally so) the accuracy of the Masoretic 
 text and/or certain translations.  This seems mystical to me, but I have
 not seen the arguments.  Has anyone evaluated such claims?

Yes. I have the article and other literature on the subject. I am in the
process of evaluating the article by replicating the data and software. I am
in contact with others who are working with me. There is a lot of wild stuff
going on as a result of this article, most of which has no statistical
validity. 
James D. Price
====================================================
James D. Price, Ph.D.
Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament
Temple Baptist Seminary
Chattanooga, TN 37404
e-mail [email-masked]
====================================================

---

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 21:09:18 -0600 (CST)

> going on as a result of this article, most of which has no statistical

Thanks, and I await your results.  DR. Riplinger uses it to prove the 
M.T. and KJV are supernatural   :)

--
Prof. Ron Minton: [email-masked]   W (417)268-6053  H 833-9581
Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803