Subject: computer problems with the list

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:28:13 -0500 (EST)

Since our move to the new computer earlier this week, we have been
experiencing occasional problems related to the mailer programs that run
this list.  Most people seem to be able to post to the list and get
messages from the list without any problem, but others have experienced
difficulties, ranging from messages being returned with an indication that
they have entered an invalid address for the list to receiving error
messages from majordomo (our mailer program) that only the listowner ought
to be receiving.  If you are having any of these problems, try changing
the address you use for this list to

[email-masked]

Likewise, send administrative requests to

[email-masked]

These will become the official addresses for the list, although
scholar.cc.emory.edu ought to work as an alias.  If you are experiencing
problems with the list, please write me off list.  Thank you.

Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---

From: "Jim Mendelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 08:32:57 -0800

> this list.   

James--The "unsubscribe" is also not working for either server.  I need to
unsubscribe for awhile, but majordomo is unwilling.  Thanks,

                                                                 Jim