Subject: OT in NT

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 11:53:00 -0500 (EST)

I am sorry if I repeat something already said on this topic; I was gone and
unsubscribed.

There are far more than 19 OT quotations in the NT.  There are literally
hundreds of quotations, allusions, and verbal parallels. 

A good place to start is E. Earle Ellis' "The Old Testament in Early
christianity.

He has loads of info and excellent bibliography.

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West
Adjunct Professor of Bible
Quartz Hill School of Theology

[email-masked]

---

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 19:31:09 -0600 (CST)

> hundreds of quotations, allusions, and verbal parallels. 

But there are only 19 quotations that also have a textual variant in the 
NT at that place, which is the criterion I noted when I mentioned the 19.

--
Prof. Ron Minton: [email-masked]   W (417)268-6053  H 833-9581
Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803