Subject: Re: Mac collation program

From: [email-masked] (j. g. v. d. tak)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:20:00 +0100

Dear Mr. Warren,

The collation programme you are hinting at is probably "Collate", now in
its version 2.1. It can be obtained in a scholar and a student edition.
Contact

The computers and variant texts project
Research officer: Peter Robinson
Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road
Oxford OX2 6NN (UK)
Tel (+44) 865 273200
EMAIL [email-masked]

Here in Amsterdam we are using this programme with big success for
collating Slavic NT texts already four years, including previous versions
(from 1.1 onward). My colleague Bakker - from whom you might get a similar
response to your tc-list posting -  and I are quite enthousiastic about it:
collations of some 15 pages A4 in 25 MSS are processed flawless by this
programme. Non-latin alphabeths (Old Church Slavonic and Greek, in our
case) are no problem at all and you can eliminate from the output all kind
of orthographic or other not-textual divergence in the witnesses. We will
be glad to provide you with detailed information about our experiences - as
will be Peter Robinson who made the whole thing.

Wish you a lot of success. What are you planning to collate, by the way?

Johannes van der Tak

Johannes G. van der Tak
Slavic Seminar, University of Amsterdam
Spuistraat 210,
1012 VT Amsterdam
Private:
Icaruslaan 18,
NL-1185JM Amstelveen
Tel/Fax: (+31) 20 641 45 28
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: "L. Mark Bruffey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:29:25 -0800

Is there any such program for PC users?

Thanks,

Mark Bruffey

-- 
***********************************************************************
CBTS Library
1380 S Valley Forge Rd			215 368 7538 (tel)
Lansdale  PA  19446			215 368 1003 (fax)
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Good WORD of the day:  "In the way of righteousness is life,
and in its pathway there is no death" -- Solomon, 1000 BCE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------