Subject: LARGE attachment:19 variants with OT quotes (fwd)

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:08:28 -0500 (EST)

Ron originally sent his messages with large attached WordPerfect files.
They surpassed the default length limit of messages to the list, so I
moved them to our ftp site.  They can be downloaded from
ftp://scholar.cc.emory.edu/pub/TC/Minton1.wpd and
ftp://scholar.cc.emory.edu/pub/TC/Minton2.wpd

Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:07:36 -0600 (CST)
From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
To: Textual Criticism list <[email-masked]>
Subject: LARGE attachment:19 variants with OT quotes

[first message]
This [Minton1.wpd] is a Word Perfect 6.1 file.  It illustrates the 19 NT
places that contain a textual variant and quote the OT.  I will try to
send the narrative details in another post. 

[second message]
This file [Minton2.wpd] is a Word Perfect 5.1 file.  Enjoy!

--
Prof. Ron Minton: [email-masked]   W (417)268-6053  H 833-9581
Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803

---

From: Nichael Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:34:57 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to James for putting on the web-site.

But more generally, please, please, plase *NEVER* send attachments to 
this (or any other) mailing list. 

In the first place, most people do _not_ want these e-mail-bomb dropped in
their in-box.  Second, what you are sending is primarily gibberish to most
people (unless they happen to have exactly the same software on the
receiving end, or some way to decode it).

Certainly, feel free to invite people to send you e-mail requesting the
bundle (hint:  specify that they put a special word in their "Subject"
line so that you can identify these messags).  Better yet, set up a
website where folks can pick up the message at their leisure. But
broadcasting attachments in this way is --at best-- bad net.manners. 

N

---

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:53:15 -0600 (CST)

I had always thought that the current KJVs were based on the 1769 
revision.  I recently saw where one person said it was from the 1873 
Cambridge paragraph Bible by Scrivener, and not the 1769 Blayney 
edition.  Does anyone have documentation on this?

---

From: ANDREW SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 20:36:55 -0500 (EST)

I think that there is a thing called the "1833 Webster update" which
modernized the spelling of the 1769 version.

***********

---

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:32:09 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, ANDREW SMITH wrote:
> > Cambridge Paragraph Bible by Scrivener, and not the 1769 Blayney 

Yes, but were the corrected spellings incorporated?  I do not think so.