Subject: comfort's work

From: Bart Ehrman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

Several people have mentioned Phil Comfort's work; I don't recall if
this has been mentioned before, but anyone wanting to read a penetrating
assessment should consult Bill Petersen's _JBL_ review from a couple of
years ago, the single most devastating review of any book I've ever seen
in the journal. 

-- Bart D. Ehrman, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:19:47 -0400 (EDT)

The exact reference for Petersen's review is JBL 113,3 (1994):529-531.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---

From: Dave Aiken <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:25:35 -0400

Jim: thought you might want to know that Phil Comfort is getting trashed
(again) on the text-criticism discussion group. :-( Dave