Subject: p64+67 available on net?

From: "Perry L. Stepp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 07:12:08 -0600

A question: is there a transcription or .gif of p64+67 available anywhere
on the net?  (I'd certainly prefer a transcription, given the choice.) 
I've looked at the Duke collection on Perseus--it's possible that p64+67 is
there, and I've just missed it.  Or is it somewhere else?

Grace and peace, 

Perry L. Stepp

************************************************************
Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. candidate, Baylor University

"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional
values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception 
which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                                Phaedo 69b
***********************************************************

---

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 10:18:23 -0500 (EST)

>there, and I've just missed it.  Or is it somewhere else?

Check out http://www.entmp.org.  They are an excellent source for such.

>Perry L. Stepp

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology
[email-masked]

---

From: "Stephen C. Carlson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 21:13:32 -0500

>there, and I've just missed it.  Or is it somewhere else?

These are not on-line resources, but there is a black-and-white picture
of P64 (verso) and P67 (one side) in the latest issue of New Testament
Studies.  See T.C. Skeat "The Oldest Manuscript of the Four Gospels?",
NTS 43 (1997): 1, 10.  A transcription of P64 (both sides) within a
reconstruction of whole pages is found on pp.11-12.

Also, Tiede & D'Ancona, EYEWITNESSES TO JESUS? Amazing New Evidence
About the Origin of the Gospels (New York: Doubleday, 1996), have a
B&W photographic plate of P64 verso and recto.

Stephen Carlson
--
Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,
[email-masked]              : and songs chant the words.
http://www.mindspring.com/~scarlson/ :               -- Shujing 2.35