Subject: Re: celar evidence

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 97 23:11:46 +0200

>>>Its not a hard and fast rule.  As to switching off the brain- that happens
>>>only when one refuses to accept celar evidence.
>>>If something is clearly right- it is clearly right and does not need to be
>>>voted on to be proven right.
>>
>>**Now THAT'S "clear" - celar evidence  ;-)  ;-)  ;-)
>>
>>(Sorry Jim, but I couldn't resist  :-)  )
>
>Thats ok- I had accidentally slipped into Byzantine scribe mode!
>
Do you mean that you too copy old text in a dark cell ? :-)

Shlama!

________________________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - 58/7 rue Van Kalck - 1080 Bruxelles - BELGIQUE
________________________________________________________________
email : [email-masked]   ***   netmail : 2:291/780.103
________________________________________________________________
Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complique est 
inutilisable.
What's too simple is wrong, what's too complicated is unusable.
Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar.

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 01:59:15 -0500 (EST)

> Do you mean that you too copy old text in a dark cell ? :-)

Since I think that I am the only one on this list who has actually copied
out the entire Greek NT by hand (typing it into the computer for the
Online Bible in four different editions), I can testify that I do _not_ do
that type of work in a dark cell (though the room is a small 10'x10'), but
a well-lit room which has a glowing computer screen to "illuminate my
manuscript". :-) 

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Professor of Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~