Subject: Apocrypha

From: "Mr. Helge Evensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 00:19:52 -0700

I have tried a couple of times before, but I try again!

Please don´t give me any book reference this time. At the present I do 
not have much time to search in books concerning the apocrypha. (Don´t 
misunderstand me, I _love_ to study books).

My question is (to form it differently): Can anyone give me some concise 
information regarding the OT and NT apocrypha, as to which of them were 
(archeological) discovered in the 19. or the 20. century?

Thanks in advance!

-- 
- Mr. Helge Evensen

---

From: [email-masked] (HILL R KAPLAN)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 12:09:48 EDT

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997 00:19:52 -0700 "Mr. Helge Evensen" <[email-masked]>
writes:

>
>My question is (to form it differently): Can anyone give me some 
>concise information regarding the OT and NT apocrypha, as to which of 
>them were (archeological) discovered in the 19. or the 20. century?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
> Mr. Helge Evensen
>

Suppose you explain what you mean by the  word Apocrypha ?

You ** do ** know that the Protestant definintion is different from that 
of the Roman Catholics , DON'T  YOU ?

BTW most Jews do not consider the Deuterocanonicals as part of the
Hebrew Bible.  Even Macabees  is outside the Jewish Canon.

As to Christian Apocrypha, I would imagine that the entire collection 
of  manuscripts recovered from Nag Hammadi in 1947(?) might meet
everyone's defintion.

HILL

---

From: "Mr. Helge Evensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:00:08 -0700

> of  manuscripts recovered from Nag Hammadi in 1947(?) might meet

Thanks for your reply.

I should have qualified what I meant by the term "apocrypha". However, my 
question was really not that difficult. It simply means: Is there _any_ 
apocrypha that have been discovered in the 19. or 20. century? No one, I 
suspect, would have called the OT Hebrew canon or the NT Greek canon 
"apocryphal"!?

-- 
- Mr. Helge Evensen