Subject: Re: Apocrypha

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 97 03:30:47 +0200

As to recently discovered Apocrypha, I don't remember having seen a 
mention of the Didache (if it is to be considered as an apocrypha - is 
there a definition of the term?).
Unfortunately, I'll soon be moving and several of my books are already in 
boxes... but if I remembered, it was discovered by an orthodox bishop in 
the middle east (?) in a manuscript of the XIth century.

________________________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - 58/7 rue Van Kalck - 1080 Bruxelles - BELGIQUE
________________________________________________________________
email : [email-masked]   ***   netmail : 2:291/780.103
________________________________________________________________
Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complique est 
inutilisable.
What's too simple is wrong, what's too complicated is unusable.
Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar.

---

From: Huey Bahr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 02:10:17 -0700

Jean VALENTIN wrote:
> mention of the Didache 

"Apart from two miniscule fragments . . . the Greek text of the Didache 
has survived in only one manuscript [Codex Hierosolymitanus (AD 1056)]
 . . . discovered by Bryennios in 1873" 

J.B.Lightfoot, J.R.Harmer, M.W.Holmes
_Apostolic_Fathers_2nd.ed. 1989 Baker, page 147