Subject: Re: New dates for papyri

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 18:08:01 -0500 (EST)

At 05:10 PM 4/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi tc-listers:
>I just gleaned the following from the B-Hebrew list and thought you guys
>might be interested in case some may not have seen it before.
>James D. Price
>
>

The outrageous theories of Thiede have been well known to Qumran scholars
for several years now.  This is nothing new.  In fact, Thiede has been
thoroughly debunked by Qumran experts (which Thiede, by his own admission,
is not).

Further, the Greek fragments can hardly be considered NT fragments.  In
point of fact, they are most likely LXX fragments.

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology
[email-masked]