Subject: Re: John 14:14

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 18:37:54 -0500 (EST)

>Joh 1:1 EN ARXH HN O LOGOS KAI O LOGOS HN PROS TON QEON KAI QEOS HN O LOGOS 
>Joh 1:1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, 
>and the Word was a god. 
>
>Joh 1:18 QEON OUDEIS EWRAKEN PWPOTE MONOGENHS QEOS O WN EIS TON KOLPON TOU
PATROS
>EKEINOS ECHGHSATO 
>
>Joh 1:18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who 
>is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him. 
> 
>Joh 10:33 APEKRIQHSAN AUTW OI IOUDAIOI PERI KALOU ERGOU OU LIQAZOMEN SE
ALLA PERI
>BLASFHMIAS KAI OTI SU ANQRWPOS WN POIEIS SEAUTON QEON 
>
>Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him: "We are stoning you, not for a fine work,
but for 
>blasphemy, even because you, although being a man, make yourself a god."  
> 
>-lars
>

That these texts are tendentiously translated is self evident and needs no
further comment.  That the Greek text relies on WH is also unsupportable.
In short, the NWT is a doctrinaire, tendentious and therefore useless
translation is self evident to all.
That a translation should be suggested as the basis for a text-critical
discussion is unrealistic and silly.

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology
[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Repurk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:47:47 -0700

> discussion is unrealistic and silly.

It is my perception that your criticisms are long on rhetoric and short on
evidence :)

-lars