Subject: Re: Antiquity

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 97 16:11:52 +0200

>Third, we have no hard proof that any of these documents existed until the
>oldest manuscript of them which we possess.
>Fourth, these oldest manuscripts are the earliest evidence of these 
>documents.
>Therefore, these oldest manuscripts are the most important witnesses to
>these documents.
Jim, you reason as if patristical quotations simply didn't exist. What's 
too simple...

Jean V.

________________________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - 58/7 rue Van Kalck - 1080 Bruxelles - BELGIQUE
________________________________________________________________
email : [email-masked]   ***   netmail : 2:291/780.103
________________________________________________________________
Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complique est 
inutilisable.
What's too simple is wrong, what's too complicated is unusable.
Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar.