Subject: New Journal: call for papers

From: "George Kiraz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 16:57:48 -0400

HUGOYE: JOURNAL OF SYRIAC STUDIES
=================================

The Syriac Computing Institute (SyrCOM) is proud to announce its new electronic
journal, **Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies**

For more info: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/gk105/syrcom/Hugoye/index.html
               P.S. if the mirror site is still under construction, please use
               the U.K. home site.

CALL FOR PAPERS:
================

Articles, squibs, project reports and book reviews on all topics related
to Syriac studies in all its aspects are welcome. Four copies of all
submissions should be sent to the General Editor in hard-copy form
(i.e., printed on paper) at the following address:

                        George Anton Kiraz (Hugoye Journal)
                        c/o Bell Laboratories
                        700 Mountain Avenue
                        Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
                        Fax: +1 (908) 582-3306
                        E-mail: [email-masked]

The first page must contain:
 (1) paper's title.
 (2) author's name and address. Please include email and fax if possible.
 (3) keywords representing the subject of the paper (e.g., biblical,
     hagiography, feminine theology, linguistics, etc.).
 (4) one paragraph abstract (c. 500 words) summarising the paper's main
     contribution.

All submissions are subject to peer-review by the Editorial Board . If
accepted for publication, authors will be notified and requested to
submit articles in electronic form.

Editorial Board
================
                General Editor
                   George Anton Kiraz
                   Bell Laboratories,
                   Lucent Technologies

                Editors:
                   Sebastian Brock
                   University of Oxford

                   Sidney Griffith
                   Catholic University of America

                   Amir Harrak
                   University of Toronto

                   Susan Harvey
                   Brown University

                   Gregorios Y. Ibrahim
                   Mardin-Edessa Publishing House

                   Konrad Jenner
                   The Peshitta Institute

                   Hubert Kaufhold
                   Oriens Christianus

                   Kathleen McVey
                   Princeton Theological Seminary

                   William Petersen
                   Pennsylvania State University

                   Lucas Van Rompay
                   Leiden University

                Technical Editor:
                   Thomas Joseph

-- 
           _        _
            \\\||///                             George Anton Kiraz
  ___________\||||/___________           Language Modeling Research
  \___\___\___/  \___/___/___/                    Bell Laboratories
   \___\___\_ ARAM _/___/___/                           Room 2D-513
    \___\___\_\__/_/___/___/                       700 Mountain Ave
     \___\___\_||_/___/___/                   Murray Hill, NJ 07974
              ||||                
              ||||                             Tel. +1 908 582 4074
           |\_//\\_/|                          Fax. +1 908 582 3306
            \_/  \_/           Email: [email-masked]