Subject: Electronic Critical Apparatus

From: Mike Bossingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:58:56 -0400

Hi,

>And while we might disagree on the pricing structure of certain e-text
>versions of tools, I think the basic principle that "a workman is worthy
of
>his wages" applies to these enterprises as well...though I must admit I'm
>frustrated by the situations I all to often see of the software producers
>making tremendous amounts of money from texts they did not create, while
>the folks who did create the texts get little benefit to allow them to
>continue the work...but that sermon will have to wait for another day...

This may be a valid criticism of others, but not of me. I have done that -
I created and ran my own software house for many years - God did not call
me into the ministry to do it again - I am prepared to distribute this
software as freeware.

This software is principally a piece of software for my doctorate - to show
that such a piece of software can be created and it is possible to have an
electronic critical apparatus and that it offers a better option than the
printed page - just as printing books was better than writing manuscripts. 

It is then up to those who publish critical data to decide which format
they will use and how much they will charge for the information.

Mike Bossingham
Maidenhead (by the Thames) in England.