Subject: Western version of Acts

From: Steven Carr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 11:47:48 +0100

I've read that the Western version of Acts, which is about 10 percent
longer, was quoted in the early second century. Could someone tell me
where and by whom please?

-- 
Steven Carr [email-masked]

---

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 97 22:25:03 +0200

>where and by whom please?

There's a much probable allusion to Acts 2.24 D in Polycarp (around 110 
AD) to the Philippians 1.2:
Ihsou Christou... on hgeiren o Theos lusas tas wdeinas TOU ADOU.
TOU ADOU is the text of D (with d e g p r t vg syr.p boh mae and other 
fathers like Irenaeus which is also very early, as well as a medieval 
Provencal version) while B has TOU THANATOU (with P74vid ! A B C E P 
etc... Byz syr.h sah arm eth geo .
I don't see in his apparatus that there would be Fathers on the B-side 
that are as early as those of the D-side.

________________________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - 58/7 rue Van Kalck - 1080 Bruxelles - BELGIQUE
________________________________________________________________
email : [email-masked]   ***   netmail : 2:291/780.103
________________________________________________________________
Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complique est 
inutilisable.
What's too simple is wrong, what's too complicated is unusable.
Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar.