Subject: Analyzed collation available

From: Vincent Broman <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 May 1997 23:58:52 -0000

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I will soon make available at http://www.znet.com/~broman/nabydiff.zip
a collation of the NA26/27 text against the Robinson-Pierpont Majority text
in machine-readable form.

The texts are simplified in that diacritics and punctuation are
omitted and bracketed words or letters are fully accepted as part of
the text (except the shorter ending of Mark).  The differences are
labeled with book-chapter-verse and supplied with enough context to
identify the point of variation.  The differences in verse division
are identified separately from the verbal differences.  Variants are
factored so that widely spaced but correlated variants are combined,
while nearby but independent variants are separated, insofar as this
can be done without making the variants overlap.  The variants are
also classified as: addition, deletion, transposition, movable nu, etc.
The collation is accurate, because after fat-fingering in the information
requiring human judgement, I corrected all errors found by machine checking,

    so that:    NA26 + VerbalCollation + VerseDivCollation => R-P.

Python scripts for rechecking or polishing the results are supplied.
I will probably do more polishing when time permits.

Vincent Broman         Email: [email-masked],[email-masked]     =   o     
2224 33d St.             Phone: +1 619 284 3775                    =  _ /- _   
San Diego, CA  92104-5605  Starship: 32d42m22s N 117d14m13s W     =  (_)> (_)  
___ PGP protected mail preferred.  For public key finger [email-masked] ___