Subject: TC for Theo Illiterate

From: Steve Gunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 18:21:11 -0500 (CDT)

Friends,

   Just a brief word to say i came to the list for learning and not to
watch folks flame each other. I hope the list will continue to provide
light for illiterates like me who want to listen, to learn, and to go out
to the libraries and read more about these matters. So from one who has
not the vaguest clue about Hort or anybody else keep sending enlightenment
to the curious and hungry minds who come to you. Thanks and Peace to you.

::::P:e:a:c:e::in:::e:v:e:r:y::S:t:e:p::thich:nhat:hanh:: ::
============================================================
Steve [email-masked]|Room 257 Where kids are kings!
Gunter|members.tripod.com/~surrealist|comp.uark.edu/~sgunter         
============================================================
::::K:e:e:p::On::Thinking:::F:r:e:e:!:::: :::: :::: :::: :::

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 19:47:11 -0700

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Steve Gunter <[email-masked]> wrote:

>watch folks flame each other.

Believe it or not, it's not much fun for us, either. At least,
I don't like it much....

>I hope the list will continue to provide
>to the libraries and read more about these matters.

Do you perhaps have any questions for us? Maybe we can find something
non-controversial to talk about. :-)

TC content: Remember Friday when I asked about 1506 and its omission
of Romans chapter 16? I was reading in Zuntz about Clement of Alexandria,
and observed some similarities between Clement and the text of 1506.
Now my list is short enough that it proves *nothing*. But it's interesting.
And I have no way to go further; I don't have copies of any part of
Clement. So: Does anyone know anything about Romans 16 and the text
of Clement?

Thanks for anything you can tell me.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)