Subject: Re: postgraduate courses

From: "DC PARKER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:08:15 GMT

Anybody who is considering pursuing studies in textual and manuscript 
studies may be interested to know of the courses that we offer at the 
University of Birmingham.

The M.A. in Biblical Studies is a 1 year course, with particular 
emphasis on language and text studies.

We offer the opportunity for this taught course, and for research degrees
 to Masters or doctoral level, specialising in

text and MSS studies of the Hebrew Bible, including Qumran, the LXX, etc.

New Testament textual criticism, MS studies and palaeography, including
the early versions

Syriac versional and patristic studies

Opportunities to learn relevant languages - in addition to the Greek, 
Hebrew and Latin, we are running courses this year in Syriac and 
Armenian.

Synoptic Gospels studies

Further details or queries may be addressed to me.

DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]