Subject: Stephanus 1550 print edition?

From: Scobie Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 17:28:02 -0700

Hello,
I'm looking for a print edition of the Stephanus 1550 NT.  Does anyone
know if there is a reprint available, in or out of print?  I realize
there is an electronic edition; I'm looking for a print edition on which
this was based.
Thanks in advance,
Scobie Smith

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 01:29:18 -0400 (EDT)

> there is an electronic edition; I'm looking for a print edition on which

So far as I know, the closest printed edition to the original Stephens
1550 TR text which is currently available is that found in the
Bagster/George Ricker Berry Interlinear.  It claims to be Stephens 1550
with very minor differences, usually following Mill.  Very close but not
identical to the Oxford 1873 TR used as the basis for many collations.

The electronic text form of that Stephens 1550 TR is that found in the
Online Bible computer program, and corresponds exactly to the Berry
printed edition.  Other electronic versions of the Stephens 1550 TR text
may vary due to typographical (e.g. the CCAT version) or other errors. 
Some electronic versions also may be based on an early version of the
Online Bible Stephens 1550 TR text containing some typos which have long
since been corrected. 

So far as I know, no other edition of Stephens 1550 is available in
printed form. Fascicles of the Oxford 1873 TR do exist in print, but in
what quantity or availability I do not know. If anyone knows of any other
TR edition currently in print purporting to be the Stephens 1550 text,
please inform the list. 

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Professor of Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~