Subject: LXX Paper Prize (fwd)

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 09:32:25 -0400 (EDT)

This post is courtesy of Robert Kraft, University of Pennsylvania.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------
******************************************************************************

Please cross-post as appropriate.

Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 09:40:56 -0400
From: "Benjamin G. Wright"  <[email-masked]>

ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZE FOR OUTSTANDING PAPER IN SEPTUAGINT STUDIES

The International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies is
offering an annual prize of $250 to be awarded for an outstanding paper
in the field of  Septuagint Studies. This field is construed broadly,
and a paper may focus on  any aspect of the study of the Greek
translations of the Jewish Scriptures.  The IOSCS wants to encourage the
study of these translations by younger scholars,  and eligibility is
thus limited to advanced graduate students or recent Ph.D.  recipients
(3 years or less after receiving the degree). The papers will be  judged
by a committee constituted of IOSCS members, and papers receiving prizes
 will be published in an appropriate form in the following Bulletin of
the IOSCS. The committee reserves the right not to award the prize in
any given year. The  deadline for submission is July 1, 1996, and should
be sent to Benjamin G.  Wright, Department of Religion Studies, Maginnes
Hall, 9 W. Packer Ave., Lehigh  University, Bethlehem, PA 18015.

//end//