Subject: Cologne fragment

From: "Professor L.W. Hurtado" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:28:47 +000

In a letter T.C. Skeat tells me I should know of "a small fragment of 
the Egerton Gospel [that] turned up in Cologne some years ago", and 
is thought to be a part of the same MS as the more well known 
Papyrus Egerton 2 ("The Unknown Gospel").  In light of some 
palaeographical features of this Cologne fragment, Skeat hints that 
it might be necessary to re-think the 2nd cent dating of Egerton 2.  
Skeat doesn't mention exactly *where/who* in Cologne to contact, 
and I've not yet been able to pick up any refs to publications on 
this fragment.  I can always write back to him, but I wonder if 
someone out there more quickly can point me to a publication or to 
where it is in Cologne that this fragment is held.
Larry Hurtado

L. W. Hurtado
University of Edinburgh,
New College
Mound Place 
Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2LX
Phone: 0131-650-8920
Fax: 0131-650-6579
E-mail:  [email-masked]

---

From: Jack Kilmon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:50:32 -0500

Professor L.W. Hurtado wrote:

> Larry:

        I believe this is P.Koln 255 and was published by Michael
Gronewald 1987
and later by Jon B. Daniels.  I am sorry I don't have my reference handy
but I
am sure that Koester mentions it in his ACG.

Jack

Jack Kilmon
[email-masked]