Subject: Request for help.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 07:12:14 -0400 (EDT)

>From Charles Croll, England.
Email: CLeM [email-masked]

I wonder if any readers of the TC List can help me solve a practical problem.

1.	Does anyone know of any published or unpublished collations of MSS of the
Apocalypse? The MSS I am interested in are those that were not available to H
C Hoskier. I am particularly looking for collations of the Apocalypse in MSS
1140, 1424, 1685, 1769, 1857, 1870, 1872, 2201, 2323, 2377, 2428, 2429, 2431,
2432, 2434, 2495, 2554, 2625, 2626, 2638, 2643, 2648, 2672, 2716, 2723, 2794.

2.	Getting copies of microfilms of some of these MSS for collation purposes
is not always straightforward. Does anyone know of existing microfilms I
might be able to borrow of the following MSS: 1140, 1769, 1857, 1870, 1872,
2323, 2377, 2431, 2554, 2625, 2626, 2638, 2648, 2672, 2716, 2794?

3.	Josef Schmid collated a good number of these MSS but published them in
families in a form that makes them inaccessible for my project. Does anyone
know whether his archive still exists? I have tried his old faculty at
Munchen without success.

I am a reader of the TC List digest (ministers don't have enough spare time
to keep more up to date!), so please don't expect instant responses if you
reply through the list, or you could reply directly to my Email address.

Charles Croll
(Reading part time for a PhD at the University of Birmingham under David
Parker)

---

From: "Richard D. Weis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 10:26:10 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

This note is a reply to the following portion of Charles Croll's set 

> might be able to borrow of the following MSS: 1140, 1769, 1857, 1870, 1872,

If you have not already done so, I'd suggest contacting the Ancient 
Biblical Manuscript Center in Claremont, California, about microfilms 
of these mss.  I don't have their list of holdings handy, but they 
manage the IGNTP collection of ms microfilms, and so may have at 
least some of the ones you seek.  Contact information is as follows:

Ancient Biblical Manuscript center
1325 N. College Avenue
Claremont CA 91711 USA

telephone: 1-909-621-6451
FAX: 1-909-621-1481
e-mail:  [email-masked]

The Director of the ABMC is Michael Phelps.

Best wishes,
Richard Weis
*******************************************************************************
Richard D. Weis                                          [email-masked]
New Brunswick Theological Seminary        phone: 1-908-246-5613
17 Seminary Place                                       FAX: 1-908-249-5412
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1196 USA
*******************************************************************************