Subject: Re: kjv only

From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:13:18 -0400 (EDT)

Jim:

That particular subject is a hobby of mine. I would recommend these books:

Carson, Donald A. _The King James Version Debate: A Plea for Realism._ Grand
Rapids: Baker, 1979. 123 pages.

Custer, Stewart. _The Truth About the King James Version Controversy._
Greenville, South Carolina: Bob Jones University Press, 1981.

Lewis Jack P. _The English Bible From KJV to NIV: A History and Evaluation._
Grand Rapids: Baker, 1982. 451 pages. (there's also a second edition of this
out) See especially Lewis's chapter on " Doctrinal Problems in the King
James Version"

Pirkel, Estus. _The 1611King James Bible: A Study._ Southhaven, Misssisspppi
1994. 674 pages.

Price James A._The King James Only Controversy in American Fundamentalism
Since 1950._ Chattanooga, Tennessee: Temple Baptist Seminary (Doctoral
Dissertation), 1990.

Walker, Ronald L. _The King James Controversy._ Little Rock, Arkansas:
Heritage Baptist Temple, 1988.

White, James R. _The King James Only Controversy: Can You Trust the Modern
Translations?_Minneapolis, Minnesota: Bethany House Publishers, 1995.

In addition, Dr. James D. Price, Professor of Old Testament and Hebrew, here
at Temple Baptist Seminary and Old Testament Editor of the New King James
Version  has written extensively concerning this subject and would be more
than willing to steer you to other materials. His number is 423/493-4246
(office) and 423/ 894-6197 (home)

Hope these help, if you need any more let me know

Kevin W. Woodruff

At 09:36 PM 6/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I would appreciate any bibliography anyone could offer debunking the KJV
>only idea.  If there is an electronic version this would be even better
>(speed is of the essence here).
>
>thanks,
>
>jim
>
>+++++++++++++++++++++++
>Jim West, ThD
>Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology
>Managing Editor, "The Journal of Biblical Studies" at
>http://web.infoave.net/~jwest/index.htm
>
>[email-masked]
>
>
>

Kevin W. Woodruff
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Cierpke Memorial Library
Tennessee Temple University/Temple Baptist Seminary
1815 Union Ave. 
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
423/493-4252 (office)
423/698-9447 (home)
423/493-4497 (FAX)
[email-masked] (preferred)
[email-masked] (alternate)
http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~kwoodruf/woodruff.htm