Subject: Need Heb. MS readings

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 22:23:01 -7000

Zech 12:10 in BHS reads )"LAY )"T but has a textual note that says 
"var lect" and then suggests a couple of other readings.  Could 
someone tell me what the Hebrew mss read here, i.e. what the variant 
readings actually are and how they are distributed?

Thanks,
Dave Washburn
[email-masked]
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/home.html

---

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Lun, 21 Jul 97 13:36:07 +0200

>readings actually are and how they are distributed?
The edition of Gintzburg gives some details, though not references to 
manuscripts. 

Text is "elay et" "according to the Occidentals" (Ma(arbaye), but the 
"orientals" (MadinHaye) have "elayw". "Other books" (which one?) have 
"elay" as ketiv, "elayw" as qere. The Soncino edition of the prophets 
(1485-1486) has "elayw" as both ketiv and qere as have "other books".

I noticed also that BHK suggests reading 'aley met ("to a dead one") and 
refers to 13.7-9.

_________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail: [email-masked] /// netmail: 2:291/780.103
_________________________________________________
"Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est 
inutilisable"
"What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
_________________________________________________