Subject: Re: A Call for Help

From: "DC PARKER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:33:27 GMT

Mr Waltz

You don't indicate the purpose of this material on the Fathers that 
you have written, and without that knowledge one cannot offer any 
opinion on your undertaking.  In any case, are you sure that it's wise to offer 
information based, as you yourself say, on limited knowledge and
limited resources?  You might mislead the ignorant and win the
opprobium of the learned.

DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:22:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, "DC PARKER" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>opinion on your undertaking.

It's part of the Encyclopedia site, just like everything else I've
made reference to. I have good (if incomplete) articles on the
Greek manuscripts, and a tolerable one on the versions. I thought
that information on the Fathers was also necessary.

>In any case, are you sure that it's wise to offer 

I'm sure there are many who would say I'm *already* doing that. :-)

The introduction to the Encyclopedia says that this is not
necessarily the final form. But I felt that there had to
be something there. The information on the site should all
be accurate; it is taken from reputable sources. The
problem is not accuracy, but *completeness.*

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)