Subject: Re: NA27 sigla in a true-type font

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 08:03:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, [email-masked] wrote:
 
 >Does anyone know of a True-type font (PC, not Mac) that contains the
 >signs (e.g, add, omit, substitute, ktl.) from the apparatus criticus of
 >NA27?

Linguist's Software has a font called LazerGREEK for Windows. It seems to 
have all the signs you are looking for.
Contact them at
PO Box 580
Edmonds, WA 98020-0580
(206) 775-1130
FAX (206) 771-5911
====================================================
James D. Price, Ph.D.
Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament
Temple Baptist Seminary
Chattanooga, TN 37404
e-mail [email-masked]
====================================================

---

From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 13:18:34 +0100

At 15:33 30/06/97 -0500, 
Jeff Cate ([email-masked]) New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
>signs (e.g, add, omit, substitute, ktl.) from the apparatus criticus of

These sigla come as part of the SGreek font contained in the Bible Windows
program, now in v.5, which is also available separately as shareware [ they
are entered with ALT + 0144 upwards ]

The program's fonts are described thus on the Silver Mountain Software home
page: http://www.silvermnt.com/fonts.html 

" basic Greek, Hebrew, Latin and Coptic fonts with a Right to Left Utility
for MS-Windows for typing Hebrew is available as shareware. These fonts are
available as both TrueType and Type 1 fonts. Registration is $20. Download
sfonts11.exe "

There is also available a FREE font with the sigla in the same range,
available for download at the same site as SGFIXED.ZIP
This, as the name indicates, is a non--proportional font made available by
Silver Mountain for use with Netscape and similar browsers for on-line
viewing of the Perseus pages.

Enjoy!

Maurice A. O'Sullivan  [ Bray, Ireland ]
[email-masked]

[using Eudora Pro 3   and Trumpet Winsock 3.0d ]