Subject: Re: manuscripts in Brit. Mus

From: "Harold P. Scanlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:58:16 -0400

To see the actual MS of Bezae, rather than a facsimile, at Cambridge
requires the same kind of "approvals" as the viewing of MSS at the British
Library.  The last time I was there it was under lock and key, although
they did have a nice exhibit of Hebrew MSS.

Harold P. Scanlin
United Bible Societies
1865 Broadway
New York, NY  10023
[email-masked]

---

From: Nichael Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:11:15 -0400 (EDT)

Harold P. Scanlin wrote:

> To see the actual MS of Bezae, rather than a facsimile, [...]

Which brings another question to mind.

Many people have mentioned the facsimiles that circulate rather than the
actual manuscripts themselves.  What is the status of these facsimiles? 
Are these one-of-a-kind productions?  Or they more generally available?  
Could someone actually get (i.e. buy) a copy of one of these? 

(Well, I can dream can't I?   ;-)

N