Subject: Published DSS

From: "Vinton A. Dearing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 15:18:24 PST

I was working from memory when I said the Huntington's set of DSS 
photos had been published. I probably had in mind the transcriptions
that came out as soon as the Huntington Library said it would make 
the photographs available to those who wished to examine them. On my 
way to our library, I met a friend who tells me that digital images 
of the scrolls can be found on the Web, and recommended contacting 
Bruce E. Zuckerman at the University of Southern California, Los 
Angeles 90089; e-mail [email-masked]. I somehow have the 
feeling that Prof. Zuckerman is again in Israel protographing 
scrolls, so he may not be able to respond at once to e-mail.Those who 
know how to browse the Web will presumably be able to find the site; 
my friend thought that the Library of Congress was the best site and 
that the Huntington Library had a site or a link. The address of the 
Huntington Library is 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA (I'm sorry, 
you'll have to ask at your Post Office for the zip code). My friend 
informs me that the Library has produced a brochure explaining how 
the scrolls there can be accessed.
     Vinton Dearing

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 21:15:16 -7000

The address of the 
> you'll have to ask at your Post Office for the zip code).

91108.  Their web address is www.huntington.org, but there isn't any 
info there on the DSS photos that I could find.
Dave Washburn
[email-masked]
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/home.html