Subject: an omission in Jn 15.27 ?

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mar, 19 Ao� 97 23:53:55 +0200

In one of my arabic manuscripts, I find that in Jn 15.27 the words "with 
me" (met' emou) are omitted. I have searched in my greek, versional and 
diatessaronic editions and found this nowhere. May be it's purely scribal 
(after all, it's a short words of three letters in Arabic) but given the 
possible theological dimension of such a variant, I would just like to 
make sure that nobody has seen this variant anywhere else before. So if 
one of you knows about it, please let me know. Thank you.

Jean V.

_________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail: [email-masked] /// netmail: 2:291/780.103
_________________________________________________
"Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est 
inutilisable"
"What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
_________________________________________________
NISUS WRITER - the multilingual word processor for the Macintosh.
Find more about it at:
http://www.nisus-soft.com
http://www.humnet.ucla.edu/humnet/nelc/grads/maschke/nisus_overview/toc.htm
l
_________________________________________________