Subject: codex Phillips 1388?

From: "Mr A.J.A. LABOUCHERE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 05:23:25 -0400

Re Jean Valentine's question about Phillipps 1388, I would take it to be in
the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin, where Phillipps 1707 is.  Jean, you will
probably have access to *Die Handschriften-Verzeichnisse der Königlichen
Bibliothek zu Berlin,* ed. V. Rose (Berlin, in the 1890s, multiple
volumes), which should lead you to the location precisely.

For our Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies (NIAS) project on the
Diatessaron this next year, Ulrich Schmid has, if I am not mistaken,
ordered MSS from Berlin;  check with him as to street addresses and costs.

--Petersen, Penn State Univ.

---

From: "David G.K. Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:37:20 GMT

I presume that it is in the Staatsbibliothek preussischer 
Kulturbesitz (formerly the Koenigliche Bibliothek), 
Stauffenbergstrasse 41, 1000 Berlin 30.

Yrs,

David Taylor

*********************************************************************
Dr David G.K.Taylor               email: [email-masked]
Department of Theology,       tel:   0121-414 5666
University of Birmingham,    fax:   0121-414 6866
Birmingham B15 2TT,
U.K.
*********************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 97 16:28:17 +0100

Jean,

Sorry for lately dealing with your request, but I was away for some days.

Codex Phillipps 1388 should be kept at the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin. There are 
two buildings of the Staatsbibliothek, one "Unter den Linden" and the other at 
the "Potsdamer Platz". Most likely the MS is kept "Unter den Linden", for I 
recently consulted codex Phillipps 1707 (Latin Harmony) at that place. However, 
just use the mailing address covering MS requests from both buildings:

Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
Preussischer Kulturbesitz
Handschriftenabteilung

D-10102 Berlin

They deliver microfilms within roughly four weeks. They charge 1 DM per image (= 
1 fol.) plus shipping costs. If your MS covers the whole NT, it might well 
amount to 150 DM. BTW-- It is possible to ask for the prospected costs in 
advance.

Hope this helps.

Ulrich Schmid, Muenster