Subject: RE: Alternatives

From: Ed Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:45:39 +-1000

Greetings from Australia,

I have sat on the side of TC list now for about 8 months and have not made 
a single reply. Today I have broken the ice. To me it has been both 
profitable and frustrating to see the discussion. At times I feel almost 
angry that some take so much space to say so little, as well as being so 
dogmatic. One insight that may be worthwhile is that the more one is 
assured as a person, the less they have to be dogmatic in their assertions. 
Furthermore, if the bible is worth anything at all it does not need defence 
that smacks of being unethical (unchristian if you like)!

TC is a very interesting subject, and I for one would like access to the 
scholarly debate. When we have world ranking scholars from USA, British 
Isles, South Africa, Germany, Scandanavia etcetera, it enhances my level of 
thinking and my methodological finesse. If there are levels of entry to the 
debate, at least keep access to the discussions open to all.

Thankyou for the insights that I have gained over the last two thirds of a 
year.

Yours

Ed Parker, Old Testament and Hebrew lecturer, Avondale College, Cooranbong, 
NSW,  2265, Australia.

----------
From:  Matt Bell[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:  Wednesday, 24 September 1997 1:51
To:  [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: Alternatives

Hi all

Hope you don't mind a newbie adding to this thread. I hope that
accessibility to this list will remain open to people like myself who
mainly lurk and learn, but occassionaly need to find information on a
particular subject relevant to the list. I look on the list like and
interactive resource just like my concordance or Online Bible etc. Spare a
thought for people in my position.

Thanks

Matt Bell