Subject: German Bibliography (fwd)

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:46:38 -0400 (EDT)

If you are interested in responding to the message below, please do so
off-list.  I will ask Eric to summarize the responses he gets and send me
a copy in a week or two, which I will then post to the list for those who
are interested.  If there is interest in discussing the results of his
survey, we can do so at that point.

Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:11:59 -0500
From: Eric Weinberger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: German Bibliography

Dear Professor Adair:

I am a translator from German to English and vice versa with over two
decades of professional experience, most of it acquired in Germany. Much of
that experience has been in the field of theology.

Recently a theology professor at an east-coast university sent me a list of
German theological books written in the nineteenth and early twentieth
centuries, saying that they really needed to be translated into English.

Before I approach publishers with the idea, I would like to get some input
from other professors as to what German books they think need translating.

I wonder if you would like to poll the members of your TC editorial board
and possibly even subscribers to your service on this issue. You can have
them write to me directly, if you wish. I would especially appreciate it if
the respondents could justify their choices, to equip me with some
persuasive arguments vis-a-vis publishers.

Thank you very much for your trouble!

Eric Weinberger
German Language & Liaison Services
S.78 W.18425 Lions Park Drive #12
Muskego, WI 53150-8703

Tel	(414) 679-8244
Fax	(414) 679-8242.