Subject: Re: Electronic Texts?

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:09:00 -0400 (EDT)

At 01:42 PM 9/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been interested for some time in creating a verse-by-verse 
>database of the early NT texts.  I am, however, dreading typing them in 
>myself, as well as picking the individual manuscript text out of the 
>apparatus!  Therefore, I would like to know if there are already text or 
>database files available of individual manuscripts?  Any help would be 
>appreciated.

TELA (the Scholars Press web site) has an electronic canon which consists of
several texts like BHS and NA  as well as the Vulgate and the LXX.    Also,
the Electronic NT Ms Project is actively transcribing various mss and will
soon be making them available on the net.

>
>Bret R. Rolan
>[email-masked]
>

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West

Adjunct Professor of Bible,
Quartz Hill School of Theology

[email-masked]