Subject: LXX in the 1st century CE & Gundry & Stendahl

From: [email-masked] (William L. Petersen)
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 18:12:40 +0100

Gundry undoubtedly references Stendahl, as his is a classic work.  I can't
recall having seen Gundry, but it should be OK.  Try to get Stendahl via
interlibrary loan, as it is a an exemplary piece of scholarship (it got him
a post at Harvard as a young man;  he's now retired).

--Petersen, Penn State University,
Netherlands Institute of Advanced Studies

>
>STEVE CR
>Stendahl's book is not in my library. I found instead 'The Use of the OT in
>St. Matthew's Gospel' by Robert H. Gundry (1975). It's the only book I've
>found on Matthew's use of the OT. Do you know of it? and if so, how does it
>compare with Standahl's work?
>
>Steve Carson-Rowland
>Brisbane, Australia
>"Surfing's the source, it'll change your life, swear to God", Point Break
>(1991)