Subject: Mt 6:19 in Codex Bezae

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Francois Racine)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:58:02 -0400 (EDT)

On the one hand, Scrivener's edition of Codex Bezae (p. 429C) mentions the
addition of a "kai" after "kleptai" by a reviser in Mt 6:19.
On the other hand, Parker, _Codex Bezae_, Cambridge UP, 1991, p. 140
mentions the addition of a "kai" before "kleptai".

I would like to know who is right, either Scrivener or Parker.  Perhaps is
the "kai" located exactly above the word "kleptai"?  The only manner I could
check would be to look at photographs or to other collations that I do not
have at hand.
There is no textual theory nor theology at stake here.  The only issue is
the accuracy of my collation of Basil of Caesarea' quotations of Mt against
a spectrum of MSS.

You may answer me off-list.

Jean-Francois Racine
Ph.D. Candidate
University of St. Michael's College
Toronto School of Theology

______________________________________________________________

  Jean-Francois Racine    |      Tel: (418) 626-4583          
  265, 65e rue Ouest      |      FAX: (418) 626-8271          
  Charlesbourg, QC        |      internet: [email-masked]  
  G1H 4Y5                 |                                    
  CANADA                  |