Subject: Electronic Texts?

From: "ROLAN, BRET R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 97 13:42:09 -0500

I have been interested for some time in creating a verse-by-verse 
database of the early NT texts.  I am, however, dreading typing them in 
myself, as well as picking the individual manuscript text out of the 
apparatus!  Therefore, I would like to know if there are already text or 
database files available of individual manuscripts?  Any help would be 
appreciated.

Bret R. Rolan
[email-masked]

---

From: Vincent Broman <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Sep 1997 16:46:34 -0000

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

> I would like to know if there are already text or 
> database files available of individual manuscripts?
p
The IfNTTF in Muenster evidently has substantial files of
that sort, but they treat them as commercially valuable secrets.

The ENTMP has a few files, but there is more stuff on people's
desks somewhere than there is polished up for public access.

Swanson's apparatus of the Gospels exists on disk, but there
are permission problems in making it public.  Swanson
had a friend of his write a program that would extract from the
big apparatus document the text of any individual MS covered therein.

Clint Yale is working on scanning the Tischendorf8 apparatus.

There are one or two other people thinking about making similar
typed-in materials available.

There is a good selection of modern editions at my WWW site,
http://www.znet.com/~broman/gnt/editions .

Vincent Broman         Email: [email-masked],[email-masked]     =   o     
2224 33d St.             Phone: +1 619 284 3775                    =  _ /- _   
San Diego, CA  92104-5605  Starship: 32d42m22s N 117d14m13s W     =  (_)> (_)  
___ PGP protected mail preferred.  For public key finger [email-masked] ___