Subject: RE: Alternatives

From: Mike Bossingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:32:36 -0400

Hi,

I, too, as a post-graduate part-time student have benefitted greatly from
being able to read this list. At times it has been frustrating because of
the volume of Emails arriving down my 14.4k line.

I generally listen only, because I know my limitations and in most areas I
do not feel qualified to make a valuable contribution.

However in one area I do feel qualified to speak. As a Computer Science
graduate and someone who has worked in the software business for 20 years I
do feel that I can be valuable to TC professionals in this one area.

The provision of a TC-pro list would prevent me from making a contribution 
where it matters when the discussion wanders in my "home territory". TC
does not exist in a vacuum, but is reliant on other disciplines, the
current thinkings for the TC-pro list does not acknowledge this.

Conversely, we all have to learn to refrain from contributing unless we are
on "home territory".and can make a real and valuable contribution.

Regards

Mike Bossingham
Maidenhead and Birmingham University.