Subject: Japanese Text

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 22:10:57 -0500 (CDT)

I need help in locating sources that discuss the history and textual base
of the Japanese New Testaments.  They can be in English or Japanese.

I received no help the first time, so I will try again.  If you cannot
help, can you suggest a possible source that may be useful?

--
Prof. Ron Minton: [email-masked]   W (417)268-6053  H 833-9581
Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803

---

From: [email-masked] (William L. Petersen)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:33:28 +0100

You might try Prof. Gohai Hata at (if I recall correctly) the Sophia
University in Tokyo.  He has edited some volumes on early church history,
is Japanese, and a Christian.  He regularly attends the SBL, and so Jimmy
may have access to an e-mail address for him.  He co-edited *Eusebius,
Christianity, and Judaism* (Brill and Wayne State UP) in 1990 or so, and
also a volume on Josephus.  I am sure he could give you a very competent
answer.

--Petersen, Penn State University,
Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies.

---

From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:16:52 -0400

Ron:

The Baptist Biblical Heritage volume 2 Number 4 has as it's cover story,
"How People are Saved in Japan Without the KJV or the The Textus Receptus."
It includes a letter printed on Trinitarian Bible Society letterhead
testifying to the fact that there is no Japanese Bible that is based upon
any printed edition of the Greek New Testament falling within the the
Received Text Tradition. If you can supply me with a fax number, I'll be
happy to fax the article and letter to you.

Kevin W. Woodruff
Tennessee Temple University

At 08:26 AM 9/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks ahead of time.

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Cierpke Memorial Library
Tennessee Temple University/Temple Baptist Seminary
1815 Union Ave. 
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
United States of America
423/493-4252 (office)
423/698-9447 (home)
423/493-4497 (FAX)
[email-masked] (preferred)
[email-masked] (alternate)
http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~kwoodruf/woodruff.htm