Subject: Electronic Texts?

From: "ROLAN, BRET R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 97 08:00:24 -0500

>>I have been interested for some time in creating a verse-by-verse 
>>database of the early NT texts.  I am, however, dreading typing them in 

>>myself, as well as picking the individual manuscript text out of the 
>>apparatus!  Therefore, I would like to know if there are already text 
or 
>>database files available of individual manuscripts?  Any help would be 
>>appreciated.

Jim West said:
>TELA (the Scholars Press web site) has an electronic canon which 
consists of
>several texts like BHS and NA  as well as the Vulgate and the LXX.    
Also,
>the Electronic NT Ms Project is actively transcribing various mss and 
will
>soon be making them available on the net.

Maurice Robinson said:
>I would suggest gettinfgg the Online Bible CD-ROM, which contains the TR
>Stepghens 1550, TR Scribvvener 1894, Westcott-Hort, and my own
>Byazantine/Majority text.  These can be easily cut-and-pasted into a 
word
>processor, and then use one of these as a base from which to edit the 
text
>containined in a given MS.

Thank you, gentlemen, for responding.  I already do have NA and the OLB 
texts electronically, and am presently working on importing them into a 
database structure, where I also hope to put the texts from individual 
manuscripts.  Human nature being what it is, however, I was hoping to 
avoid editing to reproduce the individual manuscripts.  Does anyone know 
when the ENTMP will have some MSS available?  I also have Robinson's 
books of the mss texts of the gospels, which would seem to be a much 
easier source for mss reconstruction than a standard apparatus. (ugh!)  
Does anyone know the expected publication date of his book for Acts? (p?) 
(c?) (r?)

Thank you,

Bret R. Rolan
[email-masked]

---

From: Maurice Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 06:45:03 -0400 (EDT)

> Does anyone know the expected publication date of his book for Acts? (p?) 

Although I would like to take credit for such, the work is by Swanson.  He
last told me the Acts volume was due out this Fall sometime,

_________________________________________________________________________
Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D.           Professor of Greek and New Testament
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary     Wake Forest, North Carolina
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~