Subject: Addresses query

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Lun, 29 Sep 97 22:46:44 +0200

I need two addresses, maybe some members of the list can help me:

(1) For my work on the Arabic gospels, I need to get a microfilm of a ms 
of the Borgia collection. If I'm right, that's in the Vatican Library. 
Where whould I write to ask for this reproduction?

(2) I'll be in Holland next week-end for a family visit. On the way I 
would like to stop in Leiden and visit Brill's bookstore. All I have here 
is a postal address with a P.O. Box, can anybody tell me their "real" 
address?

Thanks for your help,

Jean Valentin - Brussels

---

From: Curt Niccum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:49:44 -0500

Jean,

For reproduction of mss located in the Vatican Library write:

Reparto Fotografico
Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
00120 Vatican City State

Curt Niccum

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Jean VALENTIN [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Monday, September 29, 1997 3:47 PM
	To:	Liste TC-List
	Subject:	Addresses query

	I need two addresses, maybe some members of the list can help
me:

	(1) For my work on the Arabic gospels, I need to get a microfilm
of a ms 
	of the Borgia collection. If I'm right, that's in the Vatican
Library. 
	Where whould I write to ask for this reproduction?

	(2) I'll be in Holland next week-end for a family visit. On the
way I 
	would like to stop in Leiden and visit Brill's bookstore. All I
have here 
	is a postal address with a P.O. Box, can anybody tell me their
"real" 
	address?

	Thanks for your help,

	Jean Valentin - Brussels

---

From: [email-masked] (William L. Petersen)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 23:53:01 +0100

Re Jean Valentin's requests:

(1) Yes, the Borgia collection is in the Vatican Library.  An address of:
Vatican Library, Vatican City, should get there.

(2) Brill is simply a publisher, and no longer has a retail outlet (in the
past--about 20 years ago--the did have a bookstore, but it was sold;  then,
for some years, they still had an antiquarian shop, but that has also been
sold).  The best theological collections are in regular university
bookstores, of which they are numerous in Leiden, Utrecht, etc.

In Belgium, Peeters (Bondgenotenlaan, Leuven--near the Central Station) has
a good, broad collection of books, esp. deep in their own publications, of
course (which are among the leading Oriental series [CSCO, etc.] in the
world), but not ignoring other houses.

--Petersen, Penn State University,
Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies

---

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mar, 30 Sep 97 15:43:48 +0200

>bookstores, of which they are numerous in Leiden, Utrecht, etc.
OK, I won't go to Brill's then... But I'll go around in Leiden and see if 
I find other bookstores. Do you have any good address?

>world), but not ignoring other houses.
I go quite often there! :-) And they also have a smaller house in 
Louvain-la-Neuve.

_________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail: [email-masked]
_________________________________________________
"Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est 
inutilisable"
"What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
_________________________________________________

---

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mar, 30 Sep 97 15:44:02 +0200

>Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
I will, thank you.