Subject: Re: KJV-onlyism and Talmud of Jmmanuel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 03:11:46 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-09-17 17:16:59 EDT, you write:

<< In just the little that you presented from Verga's web site, Jimmy, there
 are three terrible falsehoods, one plain error and a misimpression.  There
 are web sites that speak out for the truth of Mr. Eduard A. Meier's
 experiences, which a sincerely interested person could visit >>

And yet you offer no evidence to back up what errors Jimmy may have
committed.
I don't wish to offend any, especially Mr. Meier, but since when does
experience and sincerity equal truth as your statement (that begs the
question) implies?  Mormons make the same fatal error.  Let's leave these
things and continue on with scholarly examinations and exchanges of ideas in
the area of NT TC.
Thanks You
Rich Elliott

---

From: Jim Deardorff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 10:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

> question) implies?

Rich,

I didn't expand on the falsehoods & misimpressions because the rest of the
TC-List who spoke out aren't interested in any more discussion of text
evidence that emerged only recently, lacks the origins scrolls, or that is
sensational in character.  The errors weren't Jimmy's fault; he was just
paraphrasing from a debunker's website.  In fact, I'm quite surprised you
re-raised the issue.  If you're sincerely interested, e-mail me privately
and I'll give you the web sites and follow-up info.

   Jim Deardorff