Subject: Electronic texts

From: Timothy John Finney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 16:19:13 +0800 (WST)

Bret Rolan asked whether there were any electronic texts of manuscripts.
He was pointed to entmp, which was set up for the encouragement of
electronic texts of the New Testament. If any of you have one sitting on
your desk top send it to us!

I have updated the transcription guide which I will send to you if you
email me. It's  a rehash of the transcription method I used for
the papyri and uncials of Hebrews (Peter Robinson's Collate method), with
a bit of SGML awareness mixed in.

How many electronic texts do we have? The ones Jim West has done for us
(i.e., P1 to P4). So after three years we have about one page worth. Sigh.

There are also my transcriptions of Hebrews which I promise to make freely
available as soon as I hand in my thesis. Two months? Oh wonderful day!

Tim Finney.

---

From: "ROLAN, BRET R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 97 07:38:27 -0500

>your desk top send it to us!
. . .
>(i.e., P1 to P4). So after three years we have about one page worth. 
Sigh.

Alas, the ENTMP site only displays the following message:
"The site is currently being renovated and will be available again 
shortly. "

Bret Rolan

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 06:20:35 -7000

> (i.e., P1 to P4). So after three years we have about one page worth. Sigh.

?????  Last year I posted transcriptions of 071, 0166, P10 and P22 
here and also sent sgml-ready versions to James Tauber.  Did he never 
get around to including them?  If that's the case, Tim, contact me 
off-list and I'll get them to you.
Dave Washburn
[email-masked]
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/
If you don't know where you're going, don't lead.