Subject: tc-list In need of some bibliography

From: Mark and Wendy Proctor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 11:32:14 -0500

If anyone is aware of some bibliography on the OL codices a, ff2, and r1, please pass this information on to me.  I'm working on the textual variant concerning Jesus' emotional response to the leper at Mark 1:41, and am in need of some direction with regards to this material.

Sincerely,

Mark Proctor

---

From: "Perry L. Stepp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 13:50:59 -0500

Marcus Aurelius Proctologist III--

Hope all is well.  I'm not going to San Francisco, but if you're still in
need of a room mate, I know that Brad Green is in similar straits.

The carrell is not the same without you.  Still working with Talbert on
preliminary work toward my dissertation.  Prelims in August--I'm not
nervous *yet*.

PLStepp

****************************************************************
Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. candidate in New Testament, Baylor University
Keeper of the Top-10 List, alt.fan.letterman
#1 Dallas Cowboy Homer
Check out the Hardline page 
                       at http://hardliners.com

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect.

          Ahoooooooooooo!
****************************************************************

---

From: "DC PARKER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:02:14 GMT

> From:          Mark and Wendy Proctor <[email-masked]>
> To:            "'Textual Criticism Discussion Group'"
>                <[email-masked]>
> Subject:       tc-list In need of some bibliography
> Date:          Wed, 22 Oct 1997 11:32:14 -0500
> Reply-to:      [email-masked]

> If anyone is aware of some bibliography on the OL codices a, ff2, and r1,
 please pass this information on to me.  I'm working on the textual variant
 concerning Jesus' emotional response to the leper
> at Mark 1:41, and
 am in need of some direction with regards to this material.
> Mark Proctor

You don't say what kind of information you want.  There are 
palaeographical descriptions in Lowe, Codices Latini Antiquiores & in 
P. McGurk, Latin Gospel Books from 400 to 800.  There are 2 editions 
of a: Belsheim, 1894 (not good); Gasquet, 1914; ff2 was edited  by 
Buchanan in OLBT, 1907; r1 by Abbott, 1884.  On the text-types, 
Fischer on the Latin versions in ANTF 5.

That's a start, and I hope it helps.

DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]