Subject: tc-list German Bibliography

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 12:55:20 -0400 (EDT)

You may remember that Eric Weinberger asked a couple of weeks ago about
classic books in German that people thought ought to be translated.  Here
are the books that were submitted by people on this list.  Note that he
has changed umlauts to "e," as in u-umlaut = ue, etc. 

EDUARD NORDEN

<italic>Agnostos Theos</italic>

GUENTER KLEIN

<italic>Die Zwoelf Apostel</italic>

HANS-JOACHIM SCHOEPS (spelt the same way even when special characters
available)

<italic>Theologie und Geschichte des Judenchristentums</italic>

RUDOLF STECK

<italic>Der Galaterbrief nach seiner Echtheit untersucht nebst kritischen
Bemerkungen des Christentums</italic>

HEINRICH EBERHARD GOTTLOB PAULUS

<italic>Das Leben Jesu als Grundlage einer reinen Geschichte des
Urchristentums</italic>

KARL HEINRICH VENTURINI

<italic>Natuerliche Geschichte des grossen Propheten von Nazareth</italic>

CHRISTIAN HERMANN WEISSE

<italic>Die evangelische Geschichte kritisch und philosophisch
bearbeitet</italic>

JULIUS HOLTZMANN

<italic>Die synoptischen Evangelien</italic>

BRUNO BAUER

<italic>Kritik der Evangelien</italic>

BRUNO BAUER

<italic>Kritik der paulinischen Briefe</italic>

BRUNO BAUER

<italic>Christus und die Caesaren: Der Ursprung des Christentums aus dem
roemischen Griechentum</italic>

SIGMUND MOWINCKEL

<italic>Psalmenstudien</italic>

ALFRED RAHLFS

<italic>Lucians Rezension der Koenigsbuecher</italic> (+ other volumes in
the Septuaginta-Studien series)

E. SCHURMANN

<italic>Das Lukasevangelium</italic>

F. REHKOPF

<italic>Die lukanische Sonderquelle - ihr Umfang und Sprachgebrauch</italic>

J. SCHMID

<italic>Matthaeus und Lukas: Eine Untersuchung des Verhaeltnisses ihrer
Evangelien</italic>

ADOLF JULICHER

<italic>Die Gleichnisreden Jesu.</italic>

Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
---------------> http://scholar.cc.emory.edu <-----------------

---

From: Bart Ehrman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:58:02 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, I missed Weinberger's initial request.  But if someone's
thinking about a translation project, I'd like to put in a huge (supply
your own superlative for that) plug for Walter Bauer, _Das Leben Jesu im
Zeitalter der neutestamentlichen Apokryphen_ (Darmstadt, 1967).  It's
brilliant -- and has significant text-critical discussions.

-- Bart Ehrman
   University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill