Subject: tc-list Majority text and papyri

From: "Mark Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:49:46 -0500

I thought that none of the papyri represented the alpha text. Which papyri
is the quote speaking of? Could anyone give me a reference that deals with
these late, Byzantine papyri?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Johnson

------------------------------

From: "Steve Carson-Rowland" <[email-masked]>

[...]

<begin quote (p.92)>
The "A" text cluster, that is, the 'accepted' text of the Koine or later
Byzantine textual group, need not be further considered here, for the early
papyri are not involved (although a few papyri of the 6th and 7th centuries
do represent the "A" text). Furthermore, everyone recognises that this
textual group exists, though not until the 4th century- that is, after the
period of the earliest papyri. Moreover, everyone also acknowledges that
this can actually be called a "text-type". The recognised constituent
members can be found in standard handbooks.
<end quote>

[...]

------------------------------