Subject: tc-list New Book Notice

From: [email-masked] (William L. Petersen)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:11:56 +0100

Friday saw the publication (and presentation) of the Baarda FS.
Bibliographic info and the TOC follow.

*Sayings of Jesus: Canonical and Non-canonical.  Essays in Honour of Tjitze
Baarda,* edd. W.L. Petersen, J.S. Vos, and H.J. de Jonge, Supplements Novum
Testamentum 89 (Leiden: Brill 1997).  Pp. xxvi + 344.  Price: check with
Brill (about US$70-80.00 is my recollection)  ISBN:  90 04 10380 5.

Table of Contents:

1. J. Neville Birdsall (Birmingham): "The Marcosians' Text of Jesus' Cry of
Jubilation (Matt 11:26 parr. Luke 10:21) in Irenaeus *Adv. haer.* I.20.2"

2. Sebastian P. Brock (Oxford): "The Gates/Bars of Sheol Revisited"

3. Joel Delobel (Louvian): "Luke 23:34a: A Perpetual Text-critical Crux?"

4. J. Keith Elliott (Leeds): "Mark and the Teaching of Jesus: An
Examination of LOGOS and EUAGGELION"

5. Eldon Jay Epp (Case Western Reserve): "The New Testament Papyri at
Oxyrhynchus in their Social and Intellectual Context"

6. Jan Helderman (Free Univ. Amsterdam): "Die Herrenworte ueber das
Brautgemach im *Thomasevangelium* und im *Dialog des Erloesers*"

7. Pieter W. van der Horst (Utrecht): "'The Finger of God.' Miscellaneous
Notes on Luke 11:20 and its *Umwelt*"

8. Henk Jan de Jonge (Leiden): "The Sayings on Confessing and Denying Jesus
in Q 12:8-9 and Mark 8:38"

9. Marinus de Jonge (Leiden): "Mark 14:25 among Jesus' Words about the
Kingdom of God"

10. Helmut Koester (Harvard): "The Sayings of Q and Their Image of Jesus"

11. Andreas Lindemann (Bethel): "Die Endzeitrede in *Didache* 16 und die
Jesus-Apokalypse in Matthaeus 24-25"

12. Gerard Mussies (Utrecht): "Double Vocatives"

13. William L. Petersen (Penn State): "OUDE EGO SE [KATA]KRINO. John 8:11,
the *Protevangelium Iacobi,* and the History of the *Pericope adulterae*"

14. James M. Robinson (Inst. for Antiquity and Christianity): "*Galilean
Upstarts*: A Sot's Cynical Disciples?"

15. Wolfgang Schenk (Saarbrucken):  "Die rhetorische Funktion der
Fastenwarnung Mk 2,20"

16. Johan S. Vos (Free Univ. Amsterdam): "Das Agraphon 'Seid kundige
Geldwechsler!' bei Origenes"

A full bibliography of Baarda's scholarly publications are found on pp.
ix-xix;  the volume also contains full indices (author, subject, locorum).

--Petersen, Penn State University,
Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies.

---

From: Bart Ehrman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 15:26:00 -0400 (EDT)

Bill,

   Congratulations, to both you and Tjitze!  The book looks terrific!  I'm
looking forward to seeing it.

-- Bart