Subject: Du tillet text of Matthew - Revised reply

From: Mark Gipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 22:59:21 -0700

Jean Valentin wrote about the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

>What are your conclusions about that text ? I'm working on it too and my 
>impression is that it's translated from an old latin text.

Mark Gipe's revised reply is

NICE to know that you are working on the text!! Maybe you can be of help to
me and I to you?

About the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

Where did it come from? From a Hebrew original, translation from Greek, from
Latin, 
from Aramaic? Well I have been working on this project for some time now. I
have the 
whole Hebrew text entered into my computer. I have the English translation
on the facing 
page. I still have questions.....maybe someone can be of some help?

What other text of the NT book of Matthew has all 42 names in the genealogy?
I know 
the Curetonian has ")bywr" = "Aviur" which is a combination of "Avihud and
Avner" 
which the Du tillet text has in Matt 1:13.

Why does the text use Aramaic phrases in places that no other manuscript
does, such as in 
Matt 11:12 where you find "mkryxyn gwzlyn" meaning ( the forceful are
robbing). Why 
use Aramaic in this verse when most of the text is in Hebrew? No other text
that I know 
of has Aramaic in this verse. 

What other text has "My God my God why have you forgotten me" in Matt 27:46
in place 
of "My God my God why have you forsaken me" ? 

If you can answer these 3 questions. Which texts? Which language?
I have a lot more questions that I would like answers too.

Sorry I do not have the time to write more now. See you later LEHITRAOT

Todah Rabah

BeYeshua

Mark Gipe
[email-masked]