Subject: tc-list Mailing list for ENTTC?

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:21:50 -0500 (CDT)

TCers --

Believe it or not, I do *not* like being the source of controversy.
But some of us have controversy "thrust upon us" (as, e.g., when
we pervert quotations such as that one :-).

But I am managing the site for the Encyclopedia of NT TC until
such time as Rich Elliot can turn it into a real book. And that
means that I sometimes need to ask for opinions and make
announcements. (I need an opinion right now, in fact.)

Rather than burden the TC list with these, it seems to me that
I should start a mailing list devoted to the ENTTC. It won't
be a "real" mailing list -- I don't want to set up a LISTSERV --
but if you want to send me your e-mail addresses, I will add
your name to the list I am compiling for release information
and announcements.

And then the list won't have to hear any more of my silly
announcements. Thereafter I will be able to confine myself
to silly PROnouncements. :-)

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)

---

From: "Francisco Orozco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:26:06 -0600

Robert B. Waltz wrote,

> your name to the list I am compiling for release information

Please add me to the List. And, thank you for your labors in this regard.
I have profited much from your web site.

Francisco Orozco

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:01:50 -7000

> I have profited much from your web site.

What he said.  Add me too, please.  And while you're at it, ignore 
the grumblers.
Dave Washburn
[email-masked]
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/
If you don't know where you're going, don't lead.

---

From: Michael Holmes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 12:44:11 -0600 (CST)

Robert,
If & when you do create a mailing list for the ENTTC, please include me on it?

Thanks,
Mike Holmes