Subject: Substitutes for the Tetragrammaton - Hurtado

From: Mark Gipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 12:21:24 -0700

I am new to the TC list. I have only been reading it for about a week now.
I find it interresting.

Could you please tell me what PAAJR stands for in the posting about the book
"Substitutes for the Tetragrammaton". I am working on a book about an old
Hebrew manuscript of Matthew known of the Du Tillet text. In this manuscript
it uses the substitute of three yods. I am looking for the oldest known
manuscript that uses three yods. If any one can help with this ----Thanks alot.

Mark Gipe
[email-masked]

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Mark Gipe wrote:

> "Substitutes for the Tetragrammaton".

Proceedings of the American Academy of Jewish Research.  For this and
other common abbreviations, see http://purl.org/TC/TC-abbrev.html,
accessible from the Instructions for Contributors page, linked to on the
TC home page.

Jimmy Adair
General Editor of TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
-------------------> http://purl.org/TC <--------------------