Subject: tc-list Re: MS 1346 and Swanson

From: "Richard D. Weis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:40:27 +0000

Dear Prof. Robinson (and TC-List Members);

Maurice Robinson wrote:

> I so far have not identified which MS pertains to Swanson's 1346, but am
> wondering if (assuming Swanson got his microfilms from Claremont) whether
> the one in the 1346 box might have been the wrong one.  Is there anyone in
> or around Claremont who might be able to check on this possibility?

If Swanson got his films from Claremont, they probably were part of 
the IGNTP collection on permanent loan to the Ancient Biblical 
Manuscript Center.  As the custodians of the collection, the ABMC 
will surely be interested in clarifying whether 1346 has been 
misboxed, and if so, in correcting the situation.  I'd suggest that 
you send a message to the center's director, Michael Phelps, at the 
ABMC's new e-mail address:  [email-masked]

Regards,
Richard Weis
*******************************************************************************
Richard D. Weis                                          [email-masked]
New Brunswick Theological Seminary        phone: 1-732-246-5613
17 Seminary Place                                       FAX: 1-732-249-5412
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1196 USA
*******************************************************************************