Subject: Re: Substitutes for the Tetragrammaton - Hurtado

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Lun, 6 Oct 97 23:37:02 +0200

>I am working on a book about an old
>Hebrew manuscript of Matthew known of the Du Tillet text. In this manuscript
>it uses the substitute of three yods. I am looking for the oldest known
>manuscript that uses three yods.

What are your conclusions about that text ? I'm working on it too and my 
impression is that it's translated from an old latin text.

_________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail: [email-masked]
_________________________________________________
"Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est 
inutilisable"
"What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
_________________________________________________

---

From: Mark Gipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 22:51:02 -0700

Jean Valentin wrote about the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

>impression is that it's translated from an old latin text.

Mark Gipe's reply is

About the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

Where did it come from? From a Hebrew original, translation from Greek, from
Latin, 
from Aramaic? Well I have been working on this project for some time now. I
have the 
whole Hebrew text entered into my computer. I have the English translation
on the facing 
face. I still have questions.....maybe someone can be of some help?

What other text of the NT book of Matthew has all 42 names in the genealogy?
I know 
the Curetonian has ")bywr" = "Aviur" which is a combination of "Avihud and
Avner" 
which the Du tillet text has in Matt 1:13.

Why does the text use Aramaic phrases in places that no other manuscript
does, such as in 
Matt 11:12 where you find "mkryxyn gwzlyn" meaning ( the forceful are
robbing). Why 
use Aramaic in this verse when most of the text is in Hebrew? No other text
that I know 
of has Aramaic in this verse. 

What other text has "My God my God why have you forgotten me" in Matt 27:46
in place 
of "My God my God why have you forsaken me" ? 

If you can answer these 3 questions. Which texts? Which language?
I have a lot more questions that I would like answers too.

Sorry I do not have the time to write more now. See you later LEHITRAOT

Todah Rabah

BeYeshua

Mark Gipe
[email-masked]