Subject: tc-list new Hebrew Bible list

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:20:54 -0500 (EST)

Some on this list might be interested to know about the creation of a new
e-mail discussion list devoted to the academic study of the Hebrew
Bible/Old Testament.  The list is called Miqra, and it is sponsored by the
Society of Biblical Literature.  Listowners are Michael V. Fox and Ronald
L. Troxel.  The list is closed, but all members of the SBL and the AAR may
join automatically.  Others may apply to Ron Troxel
([email-masked]) for membership.  To join, go to the Web page
at http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu/cgi-bin/miqra-app.pl and enter your
e-mail address and AAR/SBL Member ID number (it's on all the mail you get
from the AAR/SBL or Scholars Press, as well as on many catalogs and
mailers from booksellers).  If you don't know your member ID number, you
can send a message to Ron Troxel and ask him to add you (for the sake of
his sanity, though, please make an effort to find your member ID number
first!).  All topics related to the _scholarly_ discussion of the Hebrew
Bible/Old Testament are fair game.  Please respond off-list if you have 
any questions or comments about Miqra.

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
-------------> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu <--------------