Subject: tc-list early church fathers

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:32:21 -0600 (CST)

I need to locate two or three books or Journal articles that discuss the
early church fathers' use and citation of biblical texts.  If you have
found any to be particularly useful for the non-specialists, but informed
reader, I would appreciate information on them.

--
Prof. Ron Minton: [email-masked]   W (417)268-6053  H 833-9581
Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803

---

From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 18:06:27 +0000

>reader, I would appreciate information on them.

A good introduction is:
Simonetti,Manlio: Biblical Interpretation in the Early Church: an
Historical Introduction to Patristic Exegesis ( T. & T. Clarke, Edinburg 1994
ISBN 0 567 09557 6 (HB_
                    29249 5 (PB)

Regards,

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan  [ Bray, Ireland ]
[email-masked]

[using Eudora Pro 3   and Trumpet Winsock 3.0d ]