Subject: tc-list note from the listowner

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:55:32 -0500 (EST)

In order to avoid unwanted spam to the list, I recently tightened the
security mechanism to ensure that only list members can post to the list. 
The e-mail addresses of many of you have changed since you subscribed, and
although you have continued to receive messages (because your Internet
service provider set up an alias from your old address), you can no longer
post to the list.  From time to time I get a message indicating that a
non-member is trying to post to the list.  If I suspect that someone's
e-mail address has changed and I can determine what the old one was, I
simply unsubscribe the old address and re-subscribe the new one.  One
result of doing this is that you will receive another welcome message from
the list.  If you know that your e-mail address has changed since you
subscribed to the list, please send me a note containing your old address
and your new one, and I will take care of resubscribing you (you probably
won't be able to unsubscribe your old address, since that's no longer the
address you're sending from).

Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
-------------> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu <--------------