Subject: tc-list a method of textual criticism

From: "Vinton A. Dearing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:14:51 PST

Dear listers and lurkers,
     I am at work on a revised edition of my Manual of Textual 
Analysis and have prepared a 16-page summary of the text-critical 
method I espouse. I shall be happy to send a copy on request PROVIDED 
the requester undertakes to review the summary carefully and send me 
(a) the solution to the test problem posed at its end or (b) notes of 
errors of any kind, from unsatisfactory axioms to typos, or (c) both. 
All responses will be acknowledged in print. The test problem can be 
solved with pencil and paper. Application of the method to the 
biblical texts requires a computer. Even so, my own project limits 
itself to the Greek text of the New Testament before the tenth 
century. Please e-mail me direct: [email-masked].
     Vinton A. Dearing

---

From: "Mark O'Brien" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:53:22

>century. Please e-mail me direct: [email-masked].

I would be interested in reviewing your summary.  I'm happy to undertake
the conditions you note.  I studied TC at Dallas Seminary under Dan
Wallace, so hopefully I can make some positive contribution.

Regards,

M.

-----
Rev. Mark B. O'Brien
Subiaco Church of Christ
260 Bagot Rd
Subiaco, WA 6008
Australia

(Hm) 08-9344-3327     (Fx)  08-9388-1042
(Wk) 08-9388-1030     Email:  [email-masked]