Subject: tc-list J.A. Spranger's Collation of 565

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Francois Racine)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:17:59 -0500 (EST)

In a one-page article ["Codex 565 of the Gospels," Theologische Zeitschrift
25 (1969): 130], the late George D. Kilpatrick alludes to "a recent
collation of Cod. 565 by J. A. Spranger".  Since Kilpatrick does not add a
bibliographical footnote to this allusion I wonder whether such a collation
has ever been published.  J.K. Elliott mentions Kilpatrick's article in his
_Bibliography of Greek New Testament Manuscripts_ (Cambridge UP, 1989) 144,
but does not mention Spranger's collation.  I have found no mention of it in
bibliographical publications such as Biblical Studies [CD-Rom], NTA,
Elenchus, Bibliographie biblique, Annee philologique (a few years prior to
1969) nor in the bibliographies of several works of NT Textual Criticism.

Has anyone on this list ever seen or heard of Spranger's collation of MS 565?

Jean-Francois Racine
Lecturer
Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi

______________________________________________________________

  Jean-Francois Racine    |      Tel: (418) 626-4583          
  265, 65e rue Ouest      |      FAX: (418) 626-8271          
  Charlesbourg, QC        |      internet: [email-masked]  
  G1H 4Y5                 |                                    
  CANADA                  |