Subject: tc-list Lectionary 866

From: "Mark and Wendy Proctor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:23:40 -0600

I need a little help locating a critical edition of lectionary 866.  Does anyone know if there is a critical edition of this lectionary available?  In particular, I'm looking for this lectionary's readings for Mark 1:40-45; Matt 8:1-4; and Luke 5:12-16.  I would greatly appreciate any help any of you could provide me with.  If you know of an edition of this text, please include as much bibliographical data as possible so as to assist me in locating it.

Sincerely,

Mark Proctor

---

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:26:20 -0500

At 04:23 PM 1/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I need a little help locating a critical edition of lectionary 866.  Does
anyone know if there is a critical edition of this lectionary available?  In
particular, I'm looking for this lectionary's readings for Mark 1:40-45;
Matt 8:1-4; and Luke 5:12-16.  I would greatly appreciate any help any of
you could provide me with.  If you know of an edition of this text, please
include as much bibliographical data as possible so as to assist me in
locating it.
>Mark Proctor

I think your best bet would be to contact the Ancient Biblical Manuscript
Center in Claremont, CA.  I am away from my office and cannot give the email
address now- but someone surely has it.  If not, I will send it along in the
morning.

Best,

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible
Quartz Hill School of Theology

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Francois Racine)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:35:15 -0500 (EST)

>address now- but someone surely has it.  If not, I will send it along in the
Lectionary 866 is listed in the 1992 edition of the 2.0 edition of the
_Ancient Biblical Manuscript Center_ in Claremont. email: [email-masked].

______________________________________________________________

  Jean-Francois Racine    |      Tel: (418) 626-4583          
  265, 65e rue Ouest      |      FAX: (418) 626-8271          
  Charlesbourg, QC        |      internet: [email-masked]  
  G1H 4Y5                 |                                    
  CANADA                  |

---

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:42:25 -0500

>_Ancient Biblical Manuscript Center_ in Claremont. email: [email-masked].

I have that edition, am looking at p. 66 (where the lectionaries are listed)
and do not see it.  Could you please give the page number?

Thanks.

Jim

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Francois Racine)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:28:51 -0500 (EST)

>and do not see it.  Could you please give the page number?
Listed in Section II: Holdings On Indefinite Loan to the Center, pp. 45-46.
These microfilms nevertheless belong to IGNTP and may be incomplete.

JFR

---

From: DC PARKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:36:50 -0500

So far as I know, there is no collation of this MS (Sinai Gr 232, 
dated 1174).  Elliott, Bibliography of Gr NT MSS is the source for 
information on these things - he cites Plates 128-31 of Harlfinger, 
Reinsch and Sonderkamp, Specimina Sinaitica (Berlin, 1983).  I expect 
you will have to get a microfilm and collate it yourself.

DC PARKER
DEPT OF THEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
TEL. 0121-414 3613
FAX  0121-414 6866
E-MAIL [email-masked]