Subject: Re: tc-list World English Bible

From: "Mr. Helge Evensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 02:12:15 -0700

Harold P. Scanlin wrote:
> 
> The World English Bible (WEB)
> 
> The World English Bible is a 1997 revision of the American Standard Version
> of the Holy Bible, first published in 1901. It is in the Public Domain.
> 
> For the latest information, to report corrections, or for other
> correspondence:
> 
>         Michael Paul Johnson
>         http://www.ebible.org/bible
>         [email-masked]

Dear TCers,

Let me add the following: (Just a short note for those of you who may not 
have turned to the WEB website yet).
The WEB is a literal translation; in language it is a revision of the 
ASV, but in textual foundation (as to the NT) it is based on the Majority 
Text (not the TR). However, there are a few deviations from the MT, but 
they are not intentional. They will be corrected in accordance with the 
MT. It is still a project under development (as far as I can tell).

-- 
- Mr. Helge Evensen