Subject: tc-list new publication

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:23:36 -0400 (EDT)

Baker has published a new book that I think will be of interest to many
readers of the list.  Although this list is purposely academic and not
commerical in nature, notices of other new books _related to textual
criticism_ are welcome.  Also, if you know of a new book in the field, or
better yet, if you've written one, please have the publisher send a copy
to Leonard Greenspoon, our book review editor.

Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
-------------> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu <--------------

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

NEW PUBLICATION

Baker Book House announces the publication of Takamitsu Muraoka's
*Hebrew/Aramaic Index to the Septuagint*. Muraoka critically examines all
of the Hebrew-Greek and Aramaic-Greek equivalences assigned by the
Hatch-Redpath *Concordance to the Septuagint*, particularly with an eye
toward lexicographic and text-critical advancements in the study of both
the Septuagint and the Hebrew Bible in the last century. Instead of viewing
merely a list of page/column references, as in Hatch-Redpath's original
Hebrew index, users can see at a glance a complete listing of the Greek
equivalents for every Hebrew and Aramaic term in the Hebrew Bible, Sirach,
and I Esdras.

For a full explanation of the index, see Muraoka's article "A New Index to
Hatch and Redpath" in *Ephemerides Theologicae Lovanienses* 73.4 (Dec.
1997) 257-276.

The 160-page index sells for $19.99 until July 1, when the price increases
to $24.99. The index is also printed in Baker's new edition of
Hatch-Redpath's *Concordance to the Septuagint* (retail $125.00).

Both publications are available from
Baker Book House
P.O. Box 6287
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49516-6287
1-800-877-2665
http://www.bakerbooks.com/catalogs/academic/new.html

David Aiken
Editor, Academic and Reference Books
Baker Book House
[email-masked]