Subject: tc-list TLG Software

From: BillCombs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:36:53 EDT

This is not exactly on topic, but I wonder if someone could give me some info
on software for use with the TLG database. I got the TLG Engine from
Linguistics Software for the Macintosh and am pretty disappointed. I am not
exactly sure what I was expecting, but apparently all it can do is display
text. Can anyone give me info on which software is best for the Mac, and I am
also interested in Windows 95 if someone has info on that platform.

Bill Combs
Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary

[email-masked]

---

From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:35:41 +0100

>also interested in Windows 95 if someone has info on that platform.
Bill:
Have a look at the Silver Mountain Software page at:
http://www.silvermnt.com/

for details and prices of the TLG Workplace ( and also the PHI Workplace_

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
[email-masked]

To attack a man for talking nonsense is like finding your mortal enemy
drowning in a swamp and jumping in after him with a knife.  --Karl Popper

---

From: "Perry L. Stepp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:30:54 -0400

Hello, all.

> also interested in Windows 95 if someone has info on that platform.

At Baylor, we use the TLG with Pandora, a Mac Hypercard-based program.  It
works well on searches--you have to learn the tricks, some of which I've
figured out.  I've never tried to print from Pandora, but I've used it to
generate .rtf files and printed them through MS Word.  There are several
free Greek fonts that one can print with, once you've figured out the
configuration.

PLStepp