Subject: tc-list Peter Katz (Walters)

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:48:34 -0400 (EDT)

Since his name was mentioned in a recent post to this list, and since
traffic on the list has been rather light lately, I'm reminded that I've
wondered for several years what the story was behind the name change (or
whatever) from Peter Katz to Peter Walters (he was a LXX scholar). Does
anybody on the list know? 

Jimmy Adair
Manager of Information Technology Services, Scholars Press
    and
Managing Editor of TELA, the Scholars Press World Wide Web Site
-------------> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu <--------------

---

From: Bernard Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:02:01 -0700

> anybody on the list know?

Jimmy,

My understanding is that he took refuge in England from the Nazis, and
started a new life complete with a new name.

Regards,

Bernard Taylor