Subject: tc-list Syriac hunger strike (off-topic)

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mar, 28 Avr 98 20:00:49 +0200

I am sorry to post something off-topic, but I thought that some of you 
who study Syriac culture could be interested about knowing this.

As you know, I live in Brussels (Belgium), precisely in the area where 
Assyrian and Syriac people are living. Some of them have begun a hunger 
strike in the church that is a few hundred meters from here, where also 
the Chaldean community celebrates the liturgy on sundays. This hunger 
strike, to say it in their words, is "to blame the 1915 genocide against 
the Assyrian-Syriac people", as they have put it on a banner in front of 
the church. 

If you want to express any encouragement and solidarity to them, just 
feel free to send an e-mail that I will print and bring to the church 
where they are staying. Also, if you know other people that might want to 
do the same, feel free to give them my e-mail address so that they can 
send their message to them through me.

Thank you,

Jean VALENTIN - Brussels - Belgium
e-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:35:55 -0300

I'm not sure I really understand why they are doing this.  Can you explain
it to me again?  

in Christ,
Jonathan

>e-mail: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If any man thinks that he knows anything, he knows not yet as he ought to
know; but if any man loves God, the same is known by him." (1 Cor. 8:2-3) 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonathan M. Dixon
(Student, Atlantic Baptist University)

c/o Atlantic Baptist University
Box 6004 Moncton, NB, Canada
E1C 9L7

[email-masked]
[email-masked]

ICQ# 7216071

My Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/3342/
My Online Bible Site:  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/8373/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------