Subject: tc-list 0149 (second time)

From: Ronald Minton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 23:10:40 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I received no replies to the last post, so I want to recycle these
questions.  I am having difficulty because the two sources below seem to
conflict.  If anyone can give assistance, please do.

Does 0149 = 0187?  No note in NA27, pp. 689ff., but Aland _Text_, pp.
123-4 says so. (I forgot my books but, I think those are the pages.)

Does 0194 = 0124?

What is the century date of uncial 0300?

Any help is appreciated.

--
Prof. Ron Minton: [email-masked]   W (417)268-6053  H 833-9581
Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803

---

From: "Ronald L. Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:02:48 -0500 (CDT)

I know that Aland, _Text_, p. 83 says there are 2,361 mss that contain
all or part of the gospels.  I do not have sources with me, but can anyone
tell me approximately how many mss contain all or part of Matthew.
how many mss contain all or part of Mark.
how many mss contain all or part of Luke.
how many mss contain all or part of John.

---

From: Bruce Morrill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 17:45:15 -0500 (CDT)

> how many mss contain all or part of John.

For IGNTP work, I'd come up with counts as follows:  Matt: 2121, Mark: 
2034, Luke: 2077, John: 2083.  These are Greek continuous text mss; but
these counts don't account for mss whose unique G/A numbers have now been
stripped in the 2nd ed Kurzgefasste Liste since they are now identified as
part of another ms, mss which have a G/A number but are lost, etc (so my
criteria likely don't match those behind the 2361 count you cited). But
certainly these are approximate counts. 

Bruce Morrill   [email-masked]