Subject: Re: tc-list Jude 5

From: "Roderic L. Mullen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:24:29 -0400

What do you mean no Greek manuscripts for the variants?  I see K, A, B, 33
P72, etc listed in various ways at Jude 5.  So far as I'm aware bno one has
shown clear evidence of a "Western" text anywhere in the Catholic epistles--
see Metzger, TEXT on this.  For the Johannine epistles, see W. L. Richards,
CLASSIFICATION OF THE GREEK MANUSCRIPTS OF THE JOHANNINE EPISTLES.  The same
holds true for JAMES if you check the NOVUM TESTAMENTUM GRAECUM EDITIO
CRITICA MAIOR. --Rod Mullen

At 09:07 AM 5/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am looking at the placement of hAPAC in Jude 5 and noticed that UBS and
>NA did not list any Greek manuscripts as witnesses for any of the
>variants.  Are there any Greek manuscipts in the Western text that have
>the book of Jude?  If so, does anyone know what they read here?
>
>I also noticed that the critical Greek texts placed hAPAC later in the
>verse than the English translations (NASB, NIV).  What are the thoughts
>out there on the placement of hAPAC?
>
>Thanks for your responses.
>
>John Russell
>ThM student 
>Baptist Bible Seminary, PA
>
>_____________________________________________________________________
>You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
>Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>