Subject: Re: tc-list Quote by Bruce Metzger

From: RE Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 21:54:07 EDT

Tc'ers
I just got off the phone with Bruce Metzger and he informed me that he wrote
NO such paper!  In regards to the dating of P 64 and 67  he referred to the
dating put forth by Nestle-Aland of about 200 CE.
This should put an end to this supposed quotation.
Rich Elliott

p.s. perhaps the next step in finding the truth to this quotation (if any) is
to contact SBL and ask for a copy of this paper.  Perhaps it does exist, and
somewhere along the line Metzger's name was incorrectly used.  I look forward
to checking the list and see what transpires.

---

From: Steven Carr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 06:57:32 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, RE Elliott <[email-masked]>
writes
>This should put an end to this supposed quotation.

The owner of http://www.jude3.org/ insists that the source has been
verified and checked and will not withdraw his article which claims that
Professor Metzger regards the scholarly dating of 200 AD for p64 and p67
as wrong.

--