Subject: tc-list How to contact Anne-Marie Guesny

From: "Harold P. Scanlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:34:22 -0400

I do not have any contact information for Weil's widow, but it may be worth
checking with several people who worked closely with Weil.  They are:

M. Serfaty, who is at Paris VI (or U. Nancy 2 et Pierre et Marie Curie)

Philippe Cassuto, Universite de Provence at Aix-en-Provence

I may be able to find email addresses.  Please contact me offlist.

I do not know what your specific interests are, but the following resources
may prove helpful.  The introductions to the published volumes of Critique
textuelle de l'Ancien Testament by D. Barthelemy, especially Vol. 3,
contain a great deal of information on biblical Hebrew MSS.  An English
edition of these introductions will be published (by Eisenbrauns/UBS) in
about a year.

The Institut de Recherche et d'Histoire des Textes, CNRS Paris, in
cooperation with the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities has
undertaken an extensive catalog of Hebrew manuscripts.  The first volume,
covering MSS written up to 1020 CE was just published by Brepols.  You may
have to sell your house if you want to buy the entire series, but major
research libraries with a Judaica specialty will probably be a good source.

Harold P. Scanlin
United Bible Societies
1865 Broadway
New York, NY  10023
[email-masked]

---

From: "Amy Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:20:17 GMT

I am interested in locating any archival material of Kirsopp and/or 
Silva Lake (also published as Silva New).  One lead I am already 
following up is the possibility that there are archives for him/them 
at Harvard's Pusey Library.  I have a normal address for the library 
but not an email address.  If someone can give me any hints and/or 
information I would greatly appreciate it.

Amy Anderson
45 Bournville Lane
Stirchley
Birmingham  B30 2LP
UK

0121/459 1562

email: If the address in Reply To does not work, try

[email-masked]