Subject: tc-list review article in TC

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

William Petersen has written a review article that discusses George
Howard's _Hebrew Gospel of Matthew_ in quite a bit of detail.  This
article is now available in TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism 
volume 3. Here's the abstract:

*******
George Howard's Hebrew Gospel of Matthew deals with an interesting
medieval New Testament version which Howard claims has roots in the first
or second century. While Howard's edition of the text (extracted from
Shem-Tob's Even Bohan)  provides scholars with access to a valuable New
Testament witness, as well as a serviceable translation into English, his
novel theory concerning the ancient origins of the translation are
suspect, particularly in light of comparisons with the Western
Diatessaronic tradition. 
*******

Members of this list are invited to read the review and offer comments on
the list.  As always, let me remind you that TC welcomes submissions of
articles on any aspect of biblical textual criticism.  I'll be glad to
answer any question that readers of the list may have about possible
submissions.

Jimmy Adair
General Editor of TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
-------------------> http://purl.org/TC <--------------------