Subject: tc-list Latin Bibles

From: Mark Gipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:24:37 -0400

I am by no means a Latin Scholar. I only have 2 copies of the Bible in
Latin. One is "Biblia Sacra Vulgata" by Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft 4th
printing 1994. The other is a copy of Matthew which has different readings
from what the  "Biblia Sacra Vulgata"  does. The "Biblia Sacra Vulgata" does
not even have these readings in it's footnotes at all.

My question is this "Does anyone know where I may find other texts of the
Bible in Latin still in print? 
Which state which manuscripts it quotes.

Thanks much

Mark Gipe
[email-masked]

---

From: Johan Lust <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:55:21 +0200

Dear,

A critical edition of the Vulgar latin text has been published in Rome:
Typis polyglottis vaticanis (18 vols. Gen 1976 - 1&2Macc 1995).
Greetings
Johan Lust
------------