Subject: tc-list Large edition/apparatus of John ?

From: "Mr A.J.A. LABOUCHERE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:10:05 -0400

RE the IGNTP of John:

Work is underway on John, along the lines of the IGNTP Luke volumes.  When
it will appear is unknown;  it is possible that it might be available in
electronic form (a web site?) before it makes it into print.  Bits and
pieces are also appearing as time goes on--for example:

David Parker's volume on the papyri of John (published last year or 2 years
ago?) is part of the project;  the NIAS Diatessaron project of this last
year will also result in an independent publication (we hope) with the text
of John in the various Diatessaronic witnesses.

Time lines for such a task--which relies heavily on volunteer work--are
difficult to project.

--Petersen, Penn State University.

---

From: Vincent Broman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:34:54 -0400

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>                                           Is there any 
> instrument for the Gospel of John that compares to Legg's editions...

The IGNTP John Project has published the papyri only,
the rest will take some years.  Muenster may have started some
sample collating in the Gospels, but I would expect them to
leave John for last, if ever, due to the IGNTP.

The largest apparatuses available for John are probably
Von Soden, Tischendorf, Nestle-Aland, and Swanson.

Vincent Broman                                       San Diego, California, USA
Email: broman at sd.znet.com (home)       or spawar.navy.mil or nosc.mil (work)
Phone: +1 619 284 3775                       Starship: 32d42m22s N 117d14m13s W
=== PGPv2 protected mail preferred. For public key finger me at np.nosc.mil ===