Subject: tc-list P1 - Use of Nomina Sacra?

From: Mark Gipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:00:34 -0400

Can anyone help me in this question?

Greek NT Manuscript P1 contains Matthew 1:1-9,12&14-20.

I did not have a photo of it!

In Reuben Swanson's book "New Testament Greek Manuscripts" - vol #1 Matthew
he does not site it as using the Nomina Sacra for "Iesou Xristou". Does any
one know if this is correct? ( I am waiting for P. Comfort's new book with
photos )

Also does anyone know of other old Greek NT manuscripts which do not used
Nomina Sacra for either "God, Lord, Jesus, or Christ" ? or ones that are hit
and miss?

Please let me know 

Thanks much

Mark Gipe

---

From: Andrew Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 07:16:37 -0500

Are you interested in the presence or absence of Nomina Sacra in the
Gospel of Matthew only?  Recently I did some collation in Gregory 1192
in the second half of the Gospel of John and it occasionally spelled out
Iesou Xristou and Theou as well, although the overwhelming majority of
the time it used Nomina Sacra.

Andrew Payne