Subject: tc-list (off-topic) French-English Bible

From: "Francisco Orozco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:12:28 -0600

TCers,
    Please excuse the off-topic request. I am searching for a French-English
Bible (side by side translations). If someone can direct me to a source I
will be most grateful.
Thank you,

Francisco Orozco
[email-masked]
TC lurker

---

From: Mike & Jeanne Arcieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 00:25:19 -0400

> Bible (side by side translations). If someone can direct me to a source I

Francisco,

I'm deducing that this parallel Bible is to be used in "matching" the English and French. 
I'm not quite sure of what purpose such a parallel Bible would be, since it will most likely 
be the KJV text and Louis Segond text. Besides the fact that both were translated from 
different Greek texts, any attempt at "matching" the English and French would be futile. If 
your query is on what the French Bible says, then a recently published French Interlinear 
(1993) would be of much better use. It contains the NA text, a literal interlinear french 
translation, and the TOB (Traduction Oecumenique de la Bible)  and FC (Bible en Francais 
Courant) in the margins. I suspect that this wonderful undertaking is the ONLY French 
interlinear done, and it is certainly praiseworthy. The work was the undertaking of Maurice 
Carrez, a very well known and respected French biblical scholar. The BFBS has it, and so 
does the Alliance Biblique Universelle. Hope this helps... ;-)

Mike