Subject: Re: tc-list Re: Textual Harmonies between Text Types

From: "Roderic L. Mullen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:19:30 -0400

What is meant by "textual harmony"?  Is it the same as "percentage of
agreement at points of variation"?  It would be hard to imagine a 98% level
of agreement between the text types you mention.  Perhaps the 98% figure
refers to the level of agreement WITHIN families such as Fam.1 and Fam.13?
--Rod Mullen

At 11:13 AM 8/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Recently I viewed a series of debates which dealt with, among other issues,
>the degree of textual harmony that exists between the recognized text types.
>One participant mentioned that it had been documented, by Dr. Daniel B.
>Wallace, of Dallas Theological Seminary, that the textual harmony between the
>Western, Byzantine, Alexandrian, etc. types was as high as 98%.
>I've read various attempts to provide reasonable estimates of the harmony that
>exists. This is my first exposure to a reference of textual harmony so high.
>Can anyone provide additonal information regarding this figure.
>
>Blessings,
>
>Nelson Roth, Dayton, TN, USA
>