Subject: tc-list New software: Bible Reader

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Lun, 31 Ao 98 21:08:45 +0200

To all those interested:

There's a new shareware that allows to read and search the text of the 
Bible. Several Greek, Hebrew and Latin modules are available. The 
program's name is Bible Reader. It exists in French but an English 
version is in development. There are versions of the software for 
Macintosh and Windows.

I participated to the development as a beta-tester and find it really 
user-friendly. If you want to know more, look at:

http://member.aol.com/lsoufflet

Greetings,

Jean V

_________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail: [email-masked]
_________________________________________________
"Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est 
inutilisable"
"What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
"Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar"
_________________________________________________

---

From: Steven Carr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:26:50 +0100

Apparently there is an article in Nature (vol 394, p 839) giving details
of a new text critical program which was applied to Canterbury Tales.

It seems this new program is based on methods used to find common
ancestors of DNA strings.