Subject: Re: tc-list Re: Textual Harmonies between Text Types

From: Troy DeJongh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:30:04 -0400

Nelson D. Roth writes:
> 
> Recently I viewed a series of debates which dealt with, among other issues,
> the degree of textual harmony that exists between the recognized text types.
> One participant mentioned that it had been documented, by Dr. Daniel B.
> Wallace, of Dallas Theological Seminary, that the textual harmony between the
> Western, Byzantine, Alexandrian, etc. types was as high as 98%.
> I've read various attempts to provide reasonable estimates of the harmony that
> exists. This is my first exposure to a reference of textual harmony so high.
> Can anyone provide additonal information regarding this figure.
> 
> Blessings,
> 
> Nelson Roth, Dayton, TN, USA
> 

For the benefit of the other members of this list, the paper where 
Wallace makes this statement is located at:

                 http://www.bible.org/docs/soapbox/91b2.htm

                 (Search for the word "percent").

Additionally, a list of 13 of his papers on NT TC is at:

                 http://www.bible.org/docs/soapbox/soaptoc.htm

--
Troy DeJongh            [email-masked]          http://www1.euler.com/~troyd

---

From: Troy DeJongh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:10:26 -0500 (CDT)

Please disregard the message below.  I was assuming it was in the bit bucket
when I resent a modified version of the message below several days ago.  I 
don't know why "the lost version" just showed up now...