Subject: tc-list Jn 13.19

From: Jean VALENTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mer, 26 Ao 98 17:58:56 +0200

Dear TC'ers

A little variant in an Arabic ms: "oti egw eimi" at the end of the verse 
is omitted. I haven't been able to find this omission in other greek or 
versional witnesses. Has any of you met it before?

Thanks,

Jean V.

_________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail: [email-masked]
_________________________________________________
"Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est 
inutilisable"
"What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
"Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar"
_________________________________________________

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:20:52 -0500

>versional witnesses. Has any of you met it before?

It doesn't show up in any of my books (though I don't have access to
anything particularly unusual).

On the other hand, Merk cites 13 712 983 1689 2193 as reading
EIPON UMIN for EIMI.

For whatever that's worth.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)