Subject: RE: tc-list 1 Cor. 14.34-35 and the Western Tradition

From: Curt Niccum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:02:33 -0500

The manuscript was edited by Souter in 1922. By the way, in my previous
posting I noted the ms lacked the folio containing 1 Cor 14.34-5. It
actually is missing an entire quaternion.

Curt Niccum

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Robert B. Waltz [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Monday, September 21, 1998 8:52 PM
	To:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	Re: tc-list 1 Cor. 14.34-35 and the Western
Tradition

	On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, [email-masked] wrote, in part:

	>I am particularly stuck on Old Latin a and b. It seems to me
that Fee
	>lists it in the NICNT but not in his later book. Am I
misreading the
	>presentation of the evidence? Any suggestions would be helpful.
For that
	>matter, why does UBS 4 include b, while UBS 3 leave it out?

	UBS3 does not cite b at all. The manuscript is a relatively
recent
	discovery; I don't think it was properly edited when UBS3 was
	first published. So the lack of citation in UBS3 means nothing.

	For what it's worth.

	-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

	                        Robert B. Waltz
	                     [email-masked]

	Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
	Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
	(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:21:36 -0500

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Curt Niccum <[email-masked]> wrote:

>The manuscript [b/89] was edited by Souter in 1922. By the way, in my previous

Thanks for the information. This is *not* evident from any of the
sources I consulted (NA27, Metzger's manual).

The most interesting thing is that NA27 lists b as being *complete*.
>From the previous post, I assume the editors filled it out from other
sources. But I find myself wondering what the lacunae in the
actual manuscript are. Anyone have a list?

Thanks.

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]