Subject: tc-list Apology (fwd)

From: Bart Ehrman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:37:46 -0400 (EDT)

I have been asked by Charles Landon to post this note of his to the
list.  He claims that he is unable to get on the list and/or resubscribe,
and suspects that someone is preventing him from doing so for personal or
professional reasons.  Let me add that I do not know Mr. Landon, that this
morning is the first time I've had any communication with him on any
matter whatsoever, and that my agreement to post this note (the subject of
which is a mystery to me, I might add) is not an endorsement of any kind.
(And those are all the caveats I can think of!)

-- Bart Ehrman

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 06:29:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Charles Landon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Apology

APOLOGY TO PROFESSOR Dr R. GRYSON

From: Charles Landon
To: tc-list members

I am writing to apologise to Professor Dr R. Gryson, a distinguished
text critic, for not addressing him by his correct title in a recent
letter to him connected to a proposed visit to the Vetus Latina
Institute. The text of my letter may have been misinterpreted, but I
cannot go into that here. All I wish to do is apologise for my bad
manners, and for the unacceptable delay in writing this.
 
Charles Landon

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:36:35 -0500

Lest any conspiracy theories start, let me report that I personally added
Charles Landon to the tc-list on September 18, 1998, and I have now removed
him from the list at his own request.  I did a review of Landon's book _A
Text-Critical Study of the Epistle of Jude_ in TC 2 (1997), and he posted a
response to my review a week or so ago on the tc-list.  There have been no
attempts to keep him off this list (there is nothing that anyone other than I
can do to prohibit people from participating on the list), and I'm not aware
of anyone who has something against him personally or professionally, although
anything is possible.

Jimmy Adair
Listowner, tc-list