Subject: Re: tc-list Collations

From: Ian H Thain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:14:33 -0400

Dear TC-ers,

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Bob Waltz wrote:

>So, no trivial variants.

As a lurker on this list I should not normally presume to comment on the
discussion, 
but as a software engineer I have to say I'm with Mike Billingham on this.

Database size simply isn't an issue today, and a custom RDBMS can be
written
by any competant programmer to do whatever you want. (I've made a good
living 
at it for years, and when I started in the industry I had 4k RAM and hard
disks 
weren't invented). 

So pitch in with your variants, no matter how trivial. History will be
grateful!

Ian H Thain
Software Engineer
Banbury, UK.