Subject: Re: tc-list OT scripture

From: "Steve & Jules Carson-Rowland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 07:47:12 +1000

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, "Steve & Jules Carson-Rowland" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>I am sorry if this is a little off-topic. It it is and anyone can help
with the question please reply to me off list.
>
>In Book 2 of 'Against Apion', Josephus writes:
>'..for, says the Scripture, "A woman is inferior to her husband in all
things." '
>
>(This is the internet version of Against Apion. My library doesn't have
the Loeb Classic of this work, but the numbering of this reference in the
internet version is Book 2:25.)

Bob Waltz
Can you check that number? I'm looking in the Loeb Josephus, and AA 2:25 is
about the Sabbath, not the relations between a woman
and her husband.

Is it possible that this should be II.ii.5, or some such? If not, can you
give us a larger quotation to work from?

STEVE CR
It is approx 2/3 of the way through book 2. That section (in the internet
version) begins with: