Subject: Re: tc-list Mt 23:26

From: "Ulrich Schmid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 16:25:38 +0200

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Mark Goodacre wrote:
 
> On  7 Oct 98 at 21:44, Carlton Winbery wrote:
> 
> > I wonder also if Luke 11:39 might have influenced a scribe or the
tradition
> > behind both Luke and Matt (maybe Q?). In Luke there a different word
for
> > plate, TOU PINAKOS. Perhaps someone will also straighten out the fact
that in
> > Luke, they are commanded to give those dirty things inside the cup for
alms.
> 
> On the first point, the IQP's Critical Text of Q 11.39b reads THS
PAROYIDOS 
> with Matthew rather than TOU PINAKOS with Luke.  I am interested by the 
> suggestion that Q might have influenced a scribe of Matthew (if I read
the 
> words above correctly) -- on what grounds could one establish the
likelihood of 
> that?

No way! Assimilation to the immediate context (Mt 23.25) seems the most
likely explanation (if I read the words above correctly).

Ulrich Schmid