Subject: tc-list text problems in Galatians

From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:10:14 -0800

I am about to embark on writing a commentary on Galatians and need some
help on text critical issues. Since part of my brief is to deal with how
text critical matters have a bearing on exegesis, I am intent to become
aware of all the text critical issues that the text history of Galatians
exhibits. In the light of this, I wonder if list-members might be kind
enough to send me text critical issues or notations of variants in the
text tradition of the Epistle that you know are not discussed, or which
you view as inadequately discussed, by Metzger in his textual
commentary.

Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson 
-- 
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
Chicago, Illinois 60626
e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Ryder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:35:41 +0000

> Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.

Is this library entry any use?

Author:      O'Neill, J. C.
Title:          The recovery of Paul's letter to the Galatians/ [by] J. C.
O'Neill
                        London: S.P.C.K, 1972
                        viii, 87p; 23cm
Notes:       Bibliography: p. 16-18
Subjects:   Bible. N.T. Galatians--Criticism, Textual

J.P.Ryder

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:00:40 -0500

Gordon Fee could probably give you some pointers for your project too.
--Rod Mullen