Subject: tc-list Greek lexicons

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:14:16 -0500

Is Lampe's _A Patristic Greek Lexicon_ worth the $295 to buy?

The context of this question is that I am a professor of theology in a
Seminary in Caracas, Venezuela.  The seminary does not have the library
facilities that a normal seminary in the States would have.  In my
personal library, I have Bauer's Lexicon (2nd ed., not the new one soon
to be released) and Liddell, Scott, Jones' Lexicon as well as various
other theological dictionaries such as Kittel complete set and Colin
Brown's set.  Also, with the internet resources such as Thesaurus Gracae
(sp?) available, would I be just as well off getting the newer version of
Bauer, rather than Lampe's?

I am finishing up my MA in Theological Studies while on furlough and will
soon be finished.  My next project will be to do an indepth study of
Galatians from the Greek text.  While I do not consider myself a
professional textual critic, I am interested in being able to
independently evaluate the textual variants.

Sincerely,

Rev. James A. Gehman
Missionary in Residence, Brookside Community Church
[email-masked]
Web site: http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/gehmangateway

___________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]