Subject: tc-list The Greek NT

From: Wieland Willker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 17:19:47 +0100

GNT-NA-26:
http://www1.uni-bremen.de/~wie/GNT/books.html

I have changed the font to "Symbol" which is a standard font on many
computers, so there is no need for a licence. 
Unfortunately it doesn't work for Unix-users, but I assume them to be a
minority. 

I don't know if the NA-26 text is "free". It is always copyrighted by
the Bible Societies. 
I have once asked the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft for presenting the
Luther Bibel in German online. They gave the permission but asked me to
add a copyright symbol. 
So I added the copyright to the NA-26 Greek text, too. 

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom..."
(Paul, Col.)

Best wishes
    Wieland

PS: Btw, what will be the third name after Nestle-Aland-...?

-------------------------------------
[email-masked]
http://purl.org/Willker/index.html
Secret Mark Homepage:
http://purl.org/Willker/Secret/secmark_home.html
Egerton 2 Homepage:
http://www1.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Egerton/Egerton_home.html
-------------------------------------

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:19:22 -0600

>PS: Btw, what will be the third name after Nestle-Aland-...?

Will it not be "Aland"? :-)

If you look on the title page of NA27, it reads

Apparatum criticum novis curit elaboraverunt
          Barbara et Kurt Aland

I assume Barbara Aland will maintain the edition for at least
one more edition, and perhaps two (obviously this depends
on the length of time between editions :-). Probably too early
to speak of a third name.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)