Subject: tc-list ms reference please

From: Jean Valentin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mer, 6 Jan 99 02:11:46 +0100

Dear tc-ers,

I need to know the reference of a ms in the current Gregory/Aland system. 
It is a Greek-Arabic bilingual lectionary, I supposed it is referenced in 
that system as it has Greek text. Its library quote is Jerusalem Staurou 
26. Does anybody know its references in Greek apparatuses (the reference 
preceded by a cursive letter l, as it is a lectionary)? I'm sorry to ask 
this, I know I could look in Aland's Kurzgefasste Liste, but I don't have 
it right here.

Thank you for your help,

Jean V.

Jean Valentin - 34 rue du Berceau - 1000 Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail : [email-masked]

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:15:25 -0600

Since nobody with immediate acceo a KL2 has answered this yet, I'll
report what the KL1 says. I hope it hasn't changed....

>this, I know I could look in Aland's Kurzgefasste Liste, but I don't have 

The KL1 lists it as l1023. A quick glance as Maurice Robinson's list
of changesin the KL doesn't seem to show it, so I assume that is till
the number. For what it's worth, the KL dates it to the eleventh century.

Hope this helps.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)

---

From: "Prof. Ron Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 12:16:10 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Christian History Magazine, 465 Gunderson Dr. Carol Stream, IL  60188
had an article "Discovering the Oldest New Testament" by H.G.G. Herklots
in issue 43 of _Christian History_.  On page 35, the caption of the
picture says of the St. Catherine's monastery, "In 1975, workers 
discovered another 3,000 manuscripts hidden there."

I would like to find more information about both the discovery and the
manuscripts.  The magazine editor was not able to help me.  Does anyone
have information about this?

Prof Ron Minton
5379 North Farm Road 179
Springfield, MO 65803
(417) 833-9581

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:53:55 -0500

In the early 1980's James H. Charlesworth did a series of articles and
publications on these that may give you some idea of their contents.  --Rod
Mullen