Subject: tc-list Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies (2:1)

From: George Kiraz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:32:47 -0500 (EST)

** PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MULTIPLE ANNOUNCEMENTS **

The January 1999 (Vol 2, No 1) issue of "Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies"
is published now and can be accessed at:

   Home Site:   http://www.acad.cua.edu/syrcom/Hugoye
                (Catholic University of America, USA)

   Mirror Site: http://www.leidenuniv.nl/gg/peshitta/syrcom/Hugoye/
                (Leiden University, The Netherlands)

**NOTE**. The mirror site will have the new issue loaded by the first
week of February.

This is the 2nd of two special issues on the "Influence of St. Ephrem the
Syrian", named after a conference at the School of Oriental and African
Studies, University of London, during which most of the papers of this
issue were read. The current issue features 8 articles on the subject in
addition to 4 book reviews, 3 conference reports and 5 conference
announcements.

For the very first time, this issue contains audio material (see paper by
Ibrahim and Kiraz).

If you would like to receive further notifications when a new issue is
published, please register your email at the address:
   http://www.acad.cua.edu/syrcom/Hugoye/VolInd.html

For information on submitting articles, please see under 'Submission' on
the site.

George Anton Kiraz, Ph.D.
Hugoye, General Editor

-- 
                           \_\_\_\_\_\_\_          George Anton Kiraz
\_\_\_            \_\_\_\_  \_    \_       Language Modeling Research
     \_                  \_  \_    \_               Bell Laboratories
      \_                  \_  \_    \_            Lucent Technologies
  \_   \_\_\_  \_\_\_\_\_\_\_  \_    \_                   Room 2D-513
            \_  \_                                  700 Mountain Ave.
             \_  \_                             Murray Hill, NJ 07974
              \_  \_                             Tel. +1 908 582 4074
               \_  \_                            Fax. +1 908 582 3306
                \_\_\_                  [email-masked]
                           \_\_\_\_\_\_\_  George Anton Kiraz, Ph.D.
\_\_\_            \_\_\_\_  \_    \_      Language Modeling Research
     \_                  \_  \_    \_              Bell Laboratories
      \_                  \_  \_    \_           Lucent Technologies
  \_   \_\_\_  \_\_\_\_\_\_\_  \_    \_                  Room 2D-446
            \_  \_                                 700 Mountain Ave.
             \_  \_                            Murray Hill, NJ 07974
              \_  \_                            Tel. +1 908 582 4074
               \_  \_                           Fax. +1 908 582 3306
                \_\_\_          email: [email-masked]

Bell Labs Text-to-Speech:      http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/
Hugoye Journal:               http://www.acad.cua.edu/syrcom/Hugoye/