Subject: tc-list Private Response

From: M A Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:46:44 EST

Not sure if my first sending of this reply went through, so I repeat it
here:

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:55:23 +0100 "Wieland Willker"
<[email-masked]> writes:

>I will think about the W-H text, but at the moment I am a bit 
>frustrated, since I worked on this several days in my rare spare time.
Oh, well...

Tht is quite understandable.  I was not entirely happy with the OLB
decision to switch to the WH text after I had carefully prepared and
edited the N27 text; but once I saw how few the differences really were,
I did so, and the end product is superior to N27 by offering the WH
Alexandrian as a documentary base to the eclectic variants which
infrequently diverge.

>I know about V. Browman's excellent resource page!

Very good; so you could get files from there if needed.  I do have
updated files which Broman does not have, however, with correction of
some minor errors.

>Yes, I would like to read your text "Copyright and the Bible". Send 
>it!

I will send it from my full internet account as soon as I send this off
(this account does not allow file attachments).

>Who is E. Jaschke? I found her in the Telefone book.

She was just over here and stayed with us during the Christmas holidays,
visiting her daughter, who is a teaching assistant in German here in the
US at Lincoln University for this year. We have not heard back from her
since she returned, so do not know how well her return trip went.

---

From: M A Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:32:54 EST

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:46:44 EST M A Robinson <[email-masked]>
writes:

>Not sure if my first sending of this reply went through, so I repeat 
>it here:

Apologies to the tc-list for the posting of private email on the list.  I
hit a wrong button while replying  to Wieland Willker, so feel free to
disregard the comments therein.

At least the reply was tame and did not contain my usual off-list type of
discussion which would cause great embarrassment all around. Things could
have been worse...   :-)  :-)