Subject: tc-list The GNT

From: "Wieland Willker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:19:09 +0100

It seems that the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft wants to set up its own online
GNT now.  Their plan is to put up one fully accented version (+font) and one
ASCII version within the next three months. So I was told today.
I think it might be a good idea to send them your ideas about how this
version should look like.

My thoughts: At least one version should have
1. no accents
2. no different end-Sigma
3. the transliteration scheme X=Xi, C=Chi, Q=Theta and Y=Psi should be used
4. one should always have one complete book on the screen and not only one
chapter.

Please send your suggestions to Dr. Winfried Bader who is responsible for
their online publications: [email-masked]

Maybe then the result will come out most user-friendly.

Best wishes
    Wieland

"Critically examine everything. Hold on to the good."
(Paul, First Thessalonians 5.21)
---------------
Wieland Willker
[email-masked]
http://purl.org/WILLKER/index.html
Egerton Homepage: http://purl.org/WILLKER/Egerton/Egerton_home.html
Secret Mark Homepage: http://purl.org/WILLKER/Secret/secmark_home.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:02:09 -0500

>From your description, it sounds as if they plan for it to be searchable
online?  If not, wouldn't it be easier to scan in entire pages of NA27?  An
online searchable version would be great.  Rod Mullen

---

From: "Mark Goodacre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:04:27 GMT

> online searchable version would be great.  Rod Mullen

As you may know, there is already an on-line searchable NA26 at:

http://www.biola.edu/online_bible/

The write-up on my Greek NT Resources page is as follows:

    On-Line Bible: from Biola University: searchable text of the Greek New
    Testament (NA26) that uses the "symbol" font so that everyone can see the
    Greek. You can also search the Hebrew Bible, the Septuagint, the Latin
    Vulgate and several translations from the same page. You also view up to
    two parallel versions of any passage (e.g. you could look at any passage
    simulataneously in Greek, Latin and English). Strongly recommended. 
    (http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre/greek.htm)

Mark Goodacre
--------------------------------------
Dr Mark Goodacre                mailto:[email-masked]
  Dept of Theology                tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham     fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham  B15 2TT  United Kingdom

Homepage: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre