Subject: Re: tc-list Mk 16

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:14:07 +0000

At 02:55 PM 1/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Gentlemen:
>
>I appreciate getting information about New Testament text. (The part
>that's blasphemous I simply delete.) Glad too to see that there is still
>an interest in Mark 16, after the whole question was "settled" a hundred
>years ago. After working on the subject for quite a few years (in
>writing a book), I can only say that my confidence in its originality
>grows stronger every time I encounter fresh evidence.

What evidence?  Anyway, thanks for your post.

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim West, ThD
Quartz Hill School of Theology

[email-masked]
http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

---

From: "robert s. morse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:30:49 -0700

> What evidence?  Anyway, thanks for your post.

It would be difficult to put my 469-page book into this reply. One
interesting area I'm trying to explore now is the true picture of
evidence on the Armenian VS.  E. C. Colwell did a monumental study on
220 MSS. But I think he may have omitted lectionary MSS, including some
very old ones. These documents just might make his results look a lot
different from what they were. I'm beginning to find some answers to
this one question that I posed, but accessing the right sources may take
time. As you know, those who think that external evidence is important
(!) have stressed the Armenian VS's lack of Mark's Ending in many
medieval copies.

Thanks for the reply.

Bob