Subject: Re: tc-list John Burgon's The Last Twelve Verses of Mark

From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 15:54:13 -0500

D.R. Edwards wrote:
> 
> Forgive me for asking you to indulge an amateur, but would anyone know of a
> relatively recently-published book or article that counters the points
> Burgon makes in defense of the long ending?  I've only recently obtained a
> copy of his book; he seems to cover quite a bit of territory - more than
> I've seen addressed in any single source available to me.
> 
Though it is not yet published, a PhD thesis on this topic and other
matters related to the longer ending has just been submitted to the U of
C Divinity school.

I can put you in touch with him if you like.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
-- 
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
Chicago, Illinois 60626
e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: "Prof. Ron Minton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:30:56 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

For a good 29-page booklet on Burgon (published Dec. 20, 1998) write to
Olde Paths Book Shoppe 3540 HWY 47 N.    Rhinelander, WI  54501.  It is
$3.00 post paid and uses some sources that are extremely rare and hard to
find.  The author is Glen Conjurske and the title is _The Character and
Works of John William Burgon_ (as seen through the eyes of others).

Ron Minton