Subject: tc-list Vocabulary of the Greek Testament

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:58:54 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to the question on Greek Lexicons.  I have
come across three versions though of Moulton and Milligan's Vocabulary of
the Greek Testament.  One is published by Hendrickson (ISBN: 1565632710)
and retails for $39.95.  Another version is published by Gordon Press
Publishers (ISBN: 0849028000) and retails for $250!  Finally, there is
one by Eerdmans (ISBN:  0802821782).  Does any one know if these are all
the same?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
James A. Gehman
Missionary in Residence, Brookside Community Church
[email-masked]
Web site: http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/gehmangateway

___________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

---

From: "Dave Washburn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:21:42 -0700

> one by Eerdmans (ISBN:  0802821782).  Does any one know if these are all

They should be, and may even be made from the same plates.  A 
few ways to tell: check for "revised by" attributions, if any, and 
check to see if the original copyright has run out and the work has 
become public domain.  If there's no indication of revision, I 
suspect they're all the same book.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Oh, the mind boggles!" -Wakko