Subject: Re: tc-list tc list: Mark 16:9-20

From: "R. David Large" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:17:37 -0500

Helge,

I believe that mark originally wrote the passage in question and that,
despite
the phenomena surrounding its transmission, that it is most properly
regarded
(in the normal sense of the word) as wholly authentic.

A case can be made, in fact, for the genuineness of this passage on the
basis
of both documentary and patristic evidence. Most recently, not a few
messages
were posted regarding this passage back in October, 1998-- I would suggest
them for your perusal as they might contribute something worthwhile as you
study the evidence.

Best Regards,

R. David Large
[email-masked]

>Hi,
>
>During my present study of the subject of the authenticity of the
>disputed "longer ending" of Mark, it would be quite interesting to know
>how many on this list regard this passage as a later addition to Mark's
>Gospel.
>
>Any opinions, please?
>
>
>-- Mr. Helge Evensen
>

---

From: "Mr. Helge Evensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:36:48 -0800

> them for your perusal as they might contribute something worthwhile as you

David,
Thanks for your reply and for bringing to my attention the October 1998 
posts on the passage.

God bless

-- Mr. Helge Evensen