Subject: Re: tc-list Mt 21:28-31

From: Jean Valentin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mar, 12 Jan 99 17:39:27 +0100

>4)  Anyone have a good explanation why and how
>came this variation?
>
About this important passage, a very important article is:

Ch-B Amphoux, Les contextes de la parabole des deux fils, LOAPL 3 (1991) 
pp. 215-248

(LOAPL stands for Langues Orientales Anciennes - Patrologie et 
Linguistique)

If you read french and have difficulties in finding it, I can send you a 
copy of this article by post, just send me your address.

Hope this helps,

Jean V.

Jean Valentin - 34 rue du Berceau - 1000 Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail : [email-masked]

---

From: "Francisco Orozco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:46:22 -0700

Regarding the question about Mt 21:28-31, I have before me the NASB updated
NT (which was given to me by one of the translators, it is dated 1997). In
this "update" the "~normal~ progression" is followed:

>>Father says go work in the field.
>>1st son said "I will not" but then went
>>2nd son said "I will" but then didn't

FWIW,
Francisco Orozco