Subject: tc-list IOSCS CALL FOR PAPERS 1999

From: [email-masked] (Leonard Greenspoon)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:54:19 -0600 (CST)

CALL FOR PAPERS   --  1999

[READ AND PASS ON TO COLLEAGUES]

     The International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies will
meet this year in Boston, MA, in conjunction with the Society of
Biblical Literature and the American Academy of Religion.  The meeting
dates are 20-23 November 1999.

     Any IOSCS member interested in presenting a paper should send me a
proposal by March 15 at the latest.  Your proposal should contain your
name, the name of your academic institution, the title of your proposed
paper, and a summary or abstract of the paper.  The summary should be no
more than 300 words in length and must be doubled spaced.  In keeping with
the description provided by the SBL, your abstract should:  "State the
problem, the essential background, and your conclusions...Be precise and
brief:  everyone knows you will provide more detail and a defense of your
conclusions at the meeting."

     SBL members will find the necessary forms and further information in
the current SBL Call for Papers.  Others can obtain the forms, etc., from
the SBL web site or from me.

     I am confident that we will continue our tradition of presenting a
strong and interesting program at each of our meetings.

     I can be contacted through any of the following means

   MAIL:  Leonard Jay Greenspoon
          Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization
          Creighton University
          2500 California Plaza
          Omaha, Nebraska  68178       USA

TELEPHONE:  (402) 280-2303/04
FAX:  (402) 280-1454       E-MAIL:  [email-masked]

Very sincerely,

Leonard Greenspoon

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 00:12:43 +0200

I for one will certainly be willing to do be a paper. I'll send my 
topic soon . 

Prof. Johann Cook 
Department of Ancient Near Eastern Studies
University of Stellenbosch
7600 Stellenbosch
SOUTH AFRICA 
tel 22-21-8083207
fax: 22-21-8083480