Subject: tc-list OT variants in Rabbinic literature

From: "Harold P. Scanlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:13:02 -0500

Here are a few more bibliographic leads:

Maori, Yeshayahu, "Rabbinic Midrash as Evidence for Textual Variants in the
Hebrew Bible: History and Practice."  In _Modern scholarship in the study
of Torah_, Shalom Carmy, editor, (The Orthodox Forum), Northvale, NJ: Jason
Aronson, 1996, pp. 101-129.

Leiman, Sid Z., "Masorah and Halakhah: A Study in Conflict."  In _Tehillah
le-Moshe . . . studies in honor of Moshe Greenberg_ (Winona Lake:
Eisenbrauns, 1997), pp. 285 - 306.

and the "classic" study by Victor Aptowitzer, _Das Schriftwort in der
rabbinischen Literature_ (original edition, Vienna 1906 - 1915; reprint
KTAV, 1970, with a new Prolegomenon by Samuel Loewinger).  He covers only
Joshua to 2 Samuel.

The HUBP edition (Isaiah and Jeremiah so far) also records a number of
variants from Rabbinic literature.

Harold P. Scanlin
United Bible Societies
1865 Broadway
New York, NY  10023
[email-masked]