Subject: tc-list Inscription on P75 John

From: Wieland Willker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:40:41 +0100

I accidently found this interesting inscription on P75, John. 
It is on plate 82 (Jo 8:22) and written in majuscle upside down:
I read: ()= unsure, [] and ... = missing

TON UON W(S) . . . .[-----
APO THS T . . PEZ[-----

The editor Martin reads:
TON UON W(S)[K](URIO)[N---
APO THS (T)[RA]PE(Z)[HS---

To me the "trapez.." is quite sure, but I am not at all sure about
"kurion". 

What is the meaning of this? Is there a connection with the text of
John?
The "apo ths trapezhs" can be found in Mt 15:27 and Lk 16:21.  

Best wishes
    Wieland

-------------------------------------
[email-masked]
Secret Mark Homepage:
http://purl.org/Willker/Secret/secmark_home.html
Egerton 2 Homepage:
http://www1.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Egerton/Egerton_home.html
-------------------------------------