Subject: tc-list Thiede and Qumran

From: Mike Bossingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:14:47 -0500

Hi,

Do let us know how he responds

Regards

Mike Bossingham

---

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:52:13 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone seen the proposal that 7Q5 should be identified as a fragment
not of Mark but of Zechariah?  Here's the source: Ferdinand Rohrhirsch,
"Zur Relevanz wissenschaftstheoretischer Implikationen in der Diskussion
um das Qumranfragment 7Q5 und zu einem neuen Identifizierungsvorschlag von
7Q5 mit Zacharias 7,4-5," _Theologie und Glaube_ 85 (1995): 80-95.  Any
comments from anyone who's read the article? 

Jimmy

******************************************************
James R. Adair, Jr.
Director, ATLA Center for Electronic Texts in Religion
******************************************************

---

From: "Harold P. Scanlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:25:43 -0500

Jimmy Adair asked,

> comments from anyone who's read the article?

I have not seen this article, but the Zechariah reading was proposed
earlier by Victoria Spottorno in "Una nueva possible identification de
7Q5," in _Sefarad_ 52(1992):541-543.  I don't have immediate access to the
_Sefarad_ article, and I do not recall the details
but I do think this identification is more plausible than Mark.  Reading as
Zech. does not strictly follow the OG, but is more likely "Lucianic." 

Harold P. Scanlin
United Bible Societies
1865 Broadway
New York, NY  10023
[email-masked]