Subject: tc-list h*elp please

From: Fred P Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:56:57 -0500

Friends

I am new to this list so please be patient with me if I am not on the right
track but I would like some help with an unusual notation in the Qumran Great
Isaiah Scroll.  Later editors of the scroll used dots to above and below words
(described in my introductory page  here:
http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/qum-intr.htm#dots)
that did not belong in the text and then the proper word (usually the NAME --
YHWH) was written by an editor between the lines.  Recently I magnified what I
thought were dots on scroll page 35
(http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/qum-35.htm#dots)
where Q omits the NAME that is found in the received text.  And the dots took
shape that is a miniturized notation with definite shapes which defies the
imagination as to how they cound have been made so small in BCE 100 or so.

I am including two magnifications of the the section of the page.  The actual
page and size of what appears to be dots can be seen on scroll page 35 (address
above) .  Does anyone have an explanation for these notes and is there anything
written to describe what they are and what they indicate? See the magnifications
below. And thank you for your patience and your help.

Fred P Miller

  [Part 2, Image/JPEG  23KB]
  [Unable to print this part]

  [Part 3, Image/JPEG  7.2KB]
  [Unable to print this part]

---

From: Fred P Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:06:26 -0500

dear erkki
I found a program ska.dll  what is it and what do i do with it.

Should I reinstall windows

--
Fred P Miller
For Bible Study Majoring in Isaiah
Http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller

---

From: Fred P Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:13:02 -0500

Curt Niccum

Thanks for your reply which is appreciated.  The letters ought to refer to the NAME
but they do not look like the name in Hebrew or Aramaic.
What language are they written in?  The letters do not remotely resemble the YHWH
in Hebrew and there and there seem to be 5 characters.  If you have a reference to
any book in which they are described i would appreciate it.  Thanks for your reply.

Fred P Miller