Subject: tc-list Tischendorff

From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 17:13:17 -0500

What have list members discovered as the best approach to deciphering and using
Tischendorff's critical apparatus, especially of Galatians?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Gibson

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
Chicago, Illinois 60626
e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: "Robert B. Waltz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:36:54 -0500

>Tischendorff's critical apparatus, especially of Galatians?

Deciphering in what sense? The old manuscript numbers? There are
conversion tables in the _Kurzgefasste Liste_ and in (oh, whatever
its name was; Gregory's book that introduced Gregory Numbering).
If you can't find either of those, I have a partial conversion table
at the ENTTC site. (It doesn't include everything -- I don't want to
violate anyone's copyright -- but on the other hand, you can *search*
it. :-)

For the rest, the proper reference is of course Gregory's introduction.

Though I've never had much trouble with Tischendorf's editions, except
for the manuscript numbers. And this even though my Latin is weak....
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

                        Robert B. Waltz
                     [email-masked]

Want more loudmouthed opinions about textual criticism?
Try my web page: http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn
(A site inspired by the Encyclopedia of NT Textual Criticism)