Subject: tc-list Comfort's new book

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 13:07:35 -0400

P. Comfort's new book, "The Complete Text of the Earliest NT Manuscripts"
has arrived and it is really a tremendous thing!

mss include p1 - 104 (with some lacunae), and some other early uncials.  The
book offers the mss in P order.  Some photos are included as well as a fine
introduction. 649 pp. of great resources for the textual critic and NT scholar.

The transcriptions are really excellent and are exact!, including
abbreviations within the papyri themselves.

Thought some of you would like to know that this book is now available.

Best,

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

fax- 978-231-5986
email- [email-masked]
web page-  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

---

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Ulrich Schmid)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:30:08 +0200

> abbreviations within the papyri themselves.

Jim,

could you, please, comment on Maurice' detailed analysis arriving at the 
opposite conclusion with respect to the quality of Comfort/Barrett's 
transcriptions.

------------------------------------------
Dr. Ulrich Schmid
[email-masked]