Subject: Re: tc-list Re: Comfort's book

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 13:08:49 -0400

At 03:40 PM 5/7/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Jim West mentioned Comfort´s and Barrett´s Book ("Complete Text of the 
>Earliest New Testament Manuscripts"). Amazon.com showed up with a "not yet 
>published" note. Any information how/where to get it?

I got mine directly from Baker.
They have a web site- www.bakerbooks.com

>Does it make any reference to the papyrus fragment from Qumran (7Q5) as a 
>witness for Mark´s Gospel (???)?

No- because it isnt.

> Does it include the recent Oxyrhynchos 
>papyri providing some fifth to seventh copies of Matthew? How is the 
>script given (new font with critical notes; abbreviations, nomina sacra, 
>comments)?

Yes, abbreviations, etc.  Its a transcription, though in miniscule font as
you will find in your GNT rather than uncial script.

>Any help?
>Best wishes,

I dunno.  I hope so.

Best,

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

fax- 978-231-5986
email- [email-masked]
web page-  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest