Subject: RE: tc-list Comfort's Book Let Comfort in (Rev. 3:20)

From: "Bauer, Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 00:18:01 -0600

Yo! Signor e Signora Arcieri,

Good idea. Jimmy, is Comfort an SBL'er as I?

Shabbat Shalom,
 
MARKWS GEORGIAS aka Marc Bauer

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike and Jeanne Arcieri [ mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 1999 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: tc-list Comfort's Book

Fellow TC-LISTers,

Out of curiosity, does P. Comfort follow this list? Or can anyone reach
him and kindly suggest that he temporarily join in and present his own
case regarding the production of his own book, esp. the transcription of
the mss??

just a thought

Mike A.

---

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Ulrich Schmid)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:28:25 +0200

> case regarding the production of his own book, esp. the transcription of

What's the use of having Comfort/Barrett presenting their case on this list? 
(Of course, they can do; no censorship intended). They had ample space to 
present their case in the book they published. Now it's up to the public to 
evaluate the merits and the shortcomings of their work. At least that's the way 
it used to be before the invention of electronically mediated (scholarly, 
literary, artistic, etc.) discussions. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I feel 
uncomfortable too having a painter explaining what he or she REALLY wanted to 
depict/convey/articulate/deconstruct, etc.   

------------------------------------------
Dr. Ulrich Schmid
[email-masked]