Subject: Re: tc-list Comfort and Barrett Book in Galatians

From: James A Gehman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:57:12 -0500

Thanks to Wieland Willker and Maurice Robinson for their responses.

Willker replied:
>>- - WS: What do you mean with medial WS?

And Robinson replied:
>>>4.29		WS (final)		WS (medial) 

>>This is merely a matter of transcription, since the uncial script of
P46
>>has only the one form (C) of Sigma.  No difference at this point at
all.

To this I respond:

I am not trained in papyrology *and* from Venezuela I do not have access
to transcriptions.  So in the case of WS (medial: from the
transliteration scheme of the Corpus-Paulinum list), this transcription
*assumes* that WS(medial) is part of a word which is continued on the
next line.  The Kenyon transcription equally *assumes* that WS (final) is
a particle.  But at this point, Robinson has noted that the Uncial script
does not differentiate.  How is one to know the difference?

Sincerely,
James A. Gehman, M.A.
Missionary in Residence, Brookside Community Church
[email-masked]   ***   [email-masked]
Web site: http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/gehmangateway

___________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]