Subject: tc-list Re: A translation cannot can be better?

From: "Kerry Gilliard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 22:30:13 +0000

Wieland,

I got a good laugh out of the page (sadly), but I'm used to seeing that type
of material on a regular basis. I've been working on a section on my site
(which is still in dire need of updating and corrections which were
suggested to me months ago) called NT Issues.  It's based on an evangelical
Christian point of view. I currently hold a bit of an ecclectic view, but
that's starting to change slowly (although it's not present on my pages,
which were first uploaded prior to me beginning to study the Majority text
view). 

In any case, I have a bit of a 'reply' to sites like this- it's called 9
ways to beat a dead horse: A Challenge to KJV Only Advocates. You (and
everyone else) are welcome to view it at
http://tidalwave.net/~blufunk195/nt/kjvonly/9waystobeatadeadhorse.html

Kerry Gilliard
Founder-Director
W.I.T.N.E.S.S. Ministries
e-mail: [email-masked], [email-masked]
http://tidalwave.net/~blufunk195 or
http://1peter315.iscool.net

---

From: Huey Bahr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:14:37 -0500

Let's please wrap up the comments about the shortcomings of a 400 year old
translation into English and return to our discussions about the original
text.

---

From: "Mark Proctor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:35:49 -0500

Mr. Bahr refers to "the original text" in his post.  Is not this overly
optimistic nineteenth century language as outmoded as the arguments of the
TR supporters?

Mark Proctor

---

From: "Robert D. Haslach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 20:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

My mother told me to stay away from ruffians and philologists.

Regards,
Robert D. Haslach
Bye