Subject: tc-list New online GNT

From: "Wieland Willker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:15:56 +0200

I have prepared a new online GNT, which is (I hope) at last an allowed, free
version. It is the Westcott-Hort text from 1881, combined with the NA26/27
variants. This version was prepared by Maurice Robinson (originally for the
Online Bible) and is published as public-domain.

You can find it at:
http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/GNT/index.html

I am atm improving it a bit by indicating the difficult readings:
"Text in red indicates readings, where the UBS editorial committee had great
difficulty in deciding which variant to place in the text. Please refer to
"A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament" by Bruce M. Metzger, 2nd
ed.,1994, for the details. The difficult readings are indicated by the
letters C and D. To find these positions easy, they are labeled with an
asterisk, *."
So far I have done the Gospels.

Comments highly welcome!

Best wishes
    Wieland
--------------------
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/