Subject: Re: tc-list Jesus is better.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:11:00 EDT

In a message dated 99-07-05 20:00:57 EDT, you write:

<< I'm probably not the only one that finds this message odd and off topic.
 What, one might ask, does the topic of inspiration have to do with the
 practice of textual criticism? >>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:37:24 EDT

In a message dated 99-07-05 20:00:57 EDT, Mark Proctor writes:

Well, forgive my naivet'e Mark, as well as my lack of professionalism, but I 
thought that textual criticism had to do with determining what God said, and 
therefore would be related to inspiration and canonicity. If this is not so, 
please correct me. If the topic of the list has a narrower definition than 
that, please accept my apologies. 

The "certain passages" that the gentleman was referring to have been the 
topic of several comments, many of which were solicited by me in the interest 
of determining the motivation or simply the reason behind Nestles dogmatic 
proclamation concerning the double bracketed verses. Although I did not 
mention any verses, the ones referred to in this line of conversation have 
been the last twelve of Mark and the Pericope de Adulteress

I would comment on your closing remark, but then church history and fulfilled 
prophecy would be just as off topic then wouldn't they?

Mark J. Hays