Subject: tc-list re: barrett's response

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:23:19 -0400

Why has no one raised their voice in approval of what Barrett wrote
yesterday?  You all know he is absolutely correct.  You also know that the
comments he made about the apparatus of NA 26 and UBS 3 were right on the
mark.  

I appreciate him taking the time to clarify an issue that was clear to me
when the book appeared.  Minor errors can be corrected and there simply are
no major errors in the book.  Further, Barrett's level headed answer in face
of the really brutal and unfair comments his book engendered demonstrate his
scholarly disposition.

Hopeing that now more open and fair minded people will take a look at a
really important and deserving tome...

best,

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
email- [email-masked]
web page-  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

---

From: Ian Hutchesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:30:05 +0200

Where are all those book burners out there who spent reems of internet
paper villifying the Comfort/Barrett book? Barrett posted quite a serious
well-reasoned response to the criticisms three days ago and so far all he
has received is silence. People were very vocal then, where are they now?

Yours,

Ian