Subject: tc-list Electronically available manuscripts

From: Wieland Willker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:06:12 +0200

Carlton Winbery wrote:
> I would strongly agree Prof. Hurtado and a post
> earlier from Bill Warren.
> The standard of accuracy for the IGNTP must be > very high or we wind up with
> a big mess.

I agree and would like to say that I mixed up two different things in my
last post which maybe caused some irritation. 
I fully agree that the collation of ALL the minuscles must be as
accurate as possible. 

Another thing is to have some of the most important manuscripts like
P45,P66,P75,B,D...
in electronic format on the web somewhere (and in Bible programs). As
far as I know know there is nothing atm. 
I have asked several people, if they have anything, because I wanted to
add it to my online GNT, but there is nothing. 
(There are plans btw. at the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft to release the
GNT NA-27 WITH apparatus on a CD sometime, but I don't know how this is
working.)  
If anybody know of any available ASCII-ed manuscripts (of the more
important species), please let me know.

Best wishes
    Wieland

-------------------------------------
[email-masked]
http://purl.org/Willker/index.html
Secret Mark Homepage:
http://purl.org/Willker/Secret/secmark_home.html
Egerton Homepage:
http://purl.org/Willker/Egerton/Egerton_home.html
-------------------------------------

---

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:03:29 -0400

At 03:33 PM 7/29/99 -0700, you wrote:

>The last time I tried it, it was nonexistent.  I'm not sure what 
>happened; I trascribed at least half a dozen mss for it, and James 
>Tauber and I were working on getting them into SGML when 
>suddenly everything stopped.  A while back I was contacted by a 
>member of this list about possibly putting some of the material on 
>some of my web space; I said I'd be glad to, and that's the last I 
>heard of it.  So I'm not sure what the status of that project is.

I too transcribed a number of mss for the ENTMP- and have never seen them
appear anywhere on the ENTMP pages.  I feel somewhat guilty that I stopped
transcribing- but I did not feel like doing it if the materials were not
made use of.  Tim- what ever became of those mss transcriptions?

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
email- [email-masked]
web page-  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest