Subject: tc-list Greetings

From: "Mr. Gary S. Dykes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 06:03:43 -0700

Dear TC list users,

   I finally succeeded in posting (my mail program was sending messages in
HTML and plain text which caused some problems).
    I am an independent researcher, my expertise is in the Greek text of the
Pauline corpus, but I have resources to other portions of Scripture, as well
as the Hebrew, Sahidic, Syriac, Gothic and some Old Church Slavonic. I have
built my own private research center, which houses a fair number of
microfiche and NT films, as well as facsimiles. I also utilize several
computers and can digitize films and or photographs onto archival quality
CD's. I am currently digitizing all of P46.
    My current project is a critical Greek text (with annotated English
translation) of Paul's first epistle to the Corinthians. I have been working
on this project for about 7 years. It uses about 55 Greek manuscripts and 4
versions. I have thousands of pages of collations done, and am into chapter
4 of the text.
    I also have been privileged to work with Reuben Swanson, and have
provided him with some needed materials. It is I who encouraged him to show
numerous phonetic variants in his apparatus. His work on Galatians is nearly
ready to print.
    I am single (divorced), no children, and I support my research via my
own private income. I served two tours in Vietnam, as a ranger and as an
ambush team leader.

    I hope my independent stance is useful for you all. I am a Christian,
and represent no denomination. I have no degree and have not the time to get
one. I do wish that instead of transcriptions, tc users (and others) focused
upon publishing manuscripts in facsimile format, and add perhaps a
transcription on the side. I have much to say about "copyrights" and ancient
manuscripts. I look forward to contributing any way I can.
respectfully,
Mr. Gary S. Dykes   [email-masked]  (of Visalia, CA)