Subject: tc-list Introducing myself

From: "Vicente Dobroruka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:28:23 -0700

Dear fellow members of TC-List,

        I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself: my name is
Vicente Dobroruka, I am in Brazil (Ancient History teacher at the
Universidade de Brasília). I am 30, married, no children yet. My master
degree dealt with the connections between Joachim of Fiore's apocalyptic
writings and the ideas of Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, the German Aufklärer. As
a matter of fact I am deeply interested in Jewish apocalyptic since my
graduation years.
    Thus, for the last two years I am concerned about Josephus' account of
the '66 revolt in it's connections with apocalyptic literature. I intend
this to vbecome my doctorate in few years' time. Biblical studies are also a
recent interest of mine, specially those connected with New Testament, even
if my main purpose is to the study the pseudepigrapha in relation to the
above stated questions.
    This list caught me immediately, being linked as it is with the TC page.
I am sure it will be most useful to me, and I hope I can help any of you
where feasible, my knowledge on the subject for the moment being much more
modest than yours.

Be well,

Vicente Dobroruka

---

From: Jim West <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 19:41:06 -0400

>a matter of fact I am deeply interested in Jewish apocalyptic since my

Then you will absolutely want to take a look at:

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_sd/otpseud.html

The owner of this page- Jim davila, is one of the most knowledgeable people
in the world regarding OT apocrypha and pseuedepigrapha.  there are lots of
resources here as well.

Sometimes, though, the St. Andrews server is slow so you may have to try a
couple of times to get connected.

Best wishes on your work- it is a truly fascinating area of Biblical
studies- and one filled with significance.

Best,

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jim West, ThD
email- [email-masked]
web page-  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest