Subject: tc-list the list is back up!

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:22:34 -0400 (EDT)

The tc-list is back in business and ready to continue after being down for
more than two weeks.  The computer that hosts the list experienced some
technical difficulties (specifically, mail bombs) and was shut down until
the problem could be addressed.

Now might be a good time to remind everyone on the list that this is an
_academic_ discussion list, and while some latitude will be shown to
people without formal training or extensive experience in the field, this
list is not the place to promote untenable (i.e., unscholarly) positions.

Very soon new material will be published in TC: A Journal of Biblical
Textual Criticism, and I hope that the forthcoming articles and reviews
will provide some stimulus for discussion on the list, along with other
matters that arise in the course of our own studies and reading.

You might be interested to know that more than 300 people are now
on this list, and I expect more to join as the new semester gets
under way in September.  Welcome back to the tc-list!

***********************************************************************
James R. Adair, Jr.
Director, ATLA Center for Electronic Resources in Theology and Religion
-----------------------> http://purl.org/CERTR <-----------------------

Listowner, tc-list
***********************************************************************