Subject: Re: tc-list TR vs Byz/Maj Text- a-side comment (of sorts)

From: [email-masked] (Isidoros)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 05:59:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi fellow summer-heat sufferers!

I am not quite sure why this should be any bit of a puzzle to me (and
especially since I, in any case, do not know much about anything, let alone
much about textual criticism - inspite of reading the list religiously now
for a couple of years, on top of a dozen or so books about t criticism,
a real neo-martyr :) but, please, could someone explain to me please
what could possibly be meant by

"_The Holy Scriptures in the Original Languages: The Greek and Hebrew
Texts underlying the Authorised Version_" and on about the "Hebrew/Greek"
etc etc?

Languages?? Is this a "supposed" of a "supposed" to had been sort of
an original origins  [re]construction? And "and Hebrew Texts underlying
the Authorised" etc. Sounds like a prophetic Semitic NT project to me :-)

But, I thought discussion here was supposed to be conducted on the basis of
science - not seance! :-) So, what is this?

And, Jim, at least I am not one to pay any little 28 bucks *not* to find
any about. In fact, there are *very many* books I would *not* like to
take in (let alone read - I mean, I am confused enough :-) even if somebody
offered to pay me for taking them. Let the "bastards" out. Enough paramyths.

Now, having surely come out of my pithos, can I also ask (gee, double treat)
Helge Evensen why is it his *pleasure* to pass this information on to us?!

Seriously :-) I have often cause to thank of many tc-l contributors, Jimmy
especially. Makes it all very heartening to know that, at least via the text,
we shall never know!
Best to eveyone,

Isidoros, Athens
Whew! Imagine, I didn't even brake my silence, I even broke (or should I say
"filled") my "vacation" for this. You guys ought to feel really guilty over
this.
OK, it's summertime (for most) but must you be *that* playful? Some of us
take it all too seriously and on to heart. ("'Vacation'? from what?!" asked
once a Zen master buddy a company of us fellow Zen nuts. "Smart" guy!)

---

From: "Mr. Helge Evensen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:30:14 -0700

> science - not seance! :-) So, what is this?

Well, it's *different* opinions.

> Helge Evensen why is it his *pleasure* to pass this information on to us?!

Well, it's my pleasure to explain it for you!  :-) Because I LOVE the TR 
and because I believe it is nearest to the autograph text (= original 
text) and *therefore* I LOVE to see others being informed on HOW to 
secure a copy of it!!!  :-)

> once a Zen master buddy a company of us fellow Zen nuts. "Smart" guy!)

What *is* this? Isn't this list a TC-list? :)

Have fun

-- 
- Mr. Helge Evensen