Subject: Re: tc-list OT Hebrew mss #

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:20:55 EDT

Hi Ron:
<< I understand there are about 3,000 extant mss. of the Hebrew OT 
 (Brotzman OT Text Crit, p.58).  Is this correct?  The reason I ask is 
 I have read two comments this past week that there are only about 
 300.  Is there a list that mentions a more precise number?
 thanks,

The way I understand the evidence, there are about 3,000 extant mss;
however, most are not complete copies of the OT. Many are limited to 
the Torah or parts of it. For individual books outside of the Torah, there 
are about 300 mss per book.
Blessings,
Jim Price

---

From: Jean Valentin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mer, 22 Sep 99 00:34:51 +0200

Is there for the OT something similar to the "Kurzgefasste Liste" that exists for the NT? Just wondering if anybody centralizes a list of manuscript (in which case I probably should tell him about my scrolls :-)

Jean V.

>are about 300 mss per book.

_______________________________________________________________
Dites-le avec des mots. Ca coûte moins cher.
_______________________________________________________________
Jean Valentin - 34 rue du Berceau - 1000 Bruxelles - Belgique
e-mail : [email-masked]
_______________________________________________________________