Subject: tc-list Marcus article in TC

From: "James R. Adair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:04:27 -0400 (EDT)

A new article has been published in TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual
Criticism.  The author is David Marcus of the Jewish Theological Seminary
of America, and the title of the article is "Aramaic Mnemonics in Codex
Leningradensis."

Abstract: This article outlines the nature and extent of the Aramaic
mnemonics which occur in some Masorah magna notes in Codex Leningradensis.
The various problems involved in the interpretation of these mnemonics are
discussed, and a practical suggestion is offered concerning how these
mnemonics may be useful for modern scholars.  A complete list of the
Aramaic mnemonics--along with translations, references to the biblical
text, and notes--is given in the Appendix. 

More articles and reviews will appear in TC shortly.  People interested in
contributing to TC are welcome to send me a copy of your article.  Those
interested in writing a book review can contact Leonard Greenspoon, the TC
book review editor, at [email-masked].

***********************************************************************
James R. Adair, Jr.
Director, ATLA Center for Electronic Resources in Theology and Religion
-----------------------> http://purl.org/CERTR <-----------------------

General Editor, TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
------------------> http://purl.org/TC <-------------------
***********************************************************************