Subject: tc-list XPentateuch (.01)

From: Patrick Durusau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:06:53 -0400

Greetings,

Just a short note to announce the release of XPentateuch (.01). The
release consists of the King James and Vulgate versions of the
Pentateuch encoded at the word level in XML markup with a container
element surrounding each "book" as a corpus of words. Each word bears a
unique ID to facilitate the addition of annotations to the text or for
imposing verse/chapter or other divisions onto these materials. These
should not be considered canonical versions of either text and should be
used for experimental purposes only. (Please see the Readme file for
further information.)

I hope to include examples with future releases of this material,
including demonstrations of constructing XML documents using XLinks and
XSL stylesheets for transforming as well as displaying the text for
various purposes. All contributions of XLink/XSL materials will be
acknowledged in the Readme file as well as in any future release
announcements. The distribution is available at:
ftp://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu/pub/XPentateuch.tar.gz

The file XPentateuch.tar.gz consists of:

FileList
Readme
deuteronomy-kjv.xml
deuteronomy-vul.xml
exodus-kjv.xml
exodus-vul.xml
genesis-kjv.xml
genesis-vul.xml
leviticus-kjv.xml
leviticus-vul.xml
numbers-kjv.xml
numbers-vul.xml

Comments, suggestions and contributions are welcome.

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Information Technology Services
Scholars Press
[email-masked]
Manager, ITS